Pregnant after 35

Cross post: Any success stories post vasectomy reversal?

I would love to hear about your experience- this is our first cycle TTC following DH's reversal in March. TIA!

Re: Cross post: Any success stories post vasectomy reversal?

• I wanted to give you my story.  My husband (David) and I got together about 4 years ago after we both went through very messy divorces.  David came into our relationship with two little boys and I brought one little boy into the relationship.    I had always told David that I wanted more children but unfortunately David had a vasectomy.  Therefore, we decided to go through IVF since we just wanted one more together.  After two failed rounds, paid for entirely out of pocket, the doctor told me, that at 35, my egg quantity was diminished but I should be getting pregnant and there is no reason I wasn’t.  We were $20K in debt and had nothing to show for it.  David then agreed to have a reversal and we found a doctor that would perform the surgery for $1700.  We decided to go for the reversal and leave it up to fate.  The reversal was performed in June of 2013 and we had a sperm analysis done in November and were told that David had low sperm count.  I had lost all hope.  Luckily, fate stepped in because I am currently 4 months pregnant.  All the cards were stacked against us and we still got pregnant.

• Loading the player...
  • krappkrapp member
    Wow, thanks stvetter! Sounds like it was meant to be:). I have a similar story- DH and I both went through awful divorces , I have DS, 6, and he had 2 older girls. We really wanted to try for a baby together, and he had his reversal last month. This is our first month TTC (he hasn't taken a sample in yet, so I have no idea what we're working with). You have given me hope! Congrats to you and your family!
  • My husband had a vasectomy in 2004 after we had 3 beautiful girls and decided we were done. We had a change of heart regarding it (religious reasons) and he had it reversed in 2007. We never did submit samples but I became pg my first full cycle afterward. I was 34 at the time and MH 38. We have since had two more girls and are 22 weeks along with our first boy. We find these last kids especially amazing - for us it's crazy thinking that we had decided they weren't meant to be. Hope that helps!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love hearing these stories.  This is the the first active month my husband and I are trying.  MH had a reversal on 3/3 but choose to wait until May to start.  I will be sure to keep everyone updated along the way. (This month is a semen analysis also).
    Me: 34 (Divorced 8-22-16)
    Last Depo: 2-19-13  Stopped BCP completely: 10-13-13
    TTC Starting 4-26-14 Stopped TTC 2-1-16
    Ultrasound found minor PCOS 9-5-15
    BFP with boyfriend 12-7-16 

• krappkrapp member
    @Pinkmom19‌ Wow, what a great story:) Thank you for sharing- and congrats on baby boy!
    @larsonbussman‌ : Def keep us posted! We are now on cycle 2; Our Dr. Wants DH to wait until 6/20 for SA (this is a change from original plan- on surgery day he said a month and a half, now it's 3 months).I'm doing all I can on my end- charting /temping /OPKs... Just wish we knew for sure that hubby has some good strong swimmers:) GL with your SA!
  • We had our VR done June of 2010.  It took us one year of TTC before conceiving our baby girl .  We are now pregnant again and due with our second VR baby next month! The second one was conceived the first month we were actively ttc. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • krappkrapp member
    @biddlesbabe‌ : thank you, and congrats on your VR babies! How many years post vasectomy did H have the VR? Did he do SAs? Thx:)
  • DH had a VR after 16 years and we got pg right off, but had a loss. Then 11 more months, now pg again! Made him take vitamins for his sperm dna :-)
    also had a friend with VR, low sperm count, did ivf. Now sperm count is great ;-) sometimes it takes a little while to fully get things back...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes!  And I love to tell this story.  My DH and I have been married nearly 10 years.  He has had a vasectomy for 17.  He finally agreed to try, but I was awfully skeptical that we were going to be able to get pregnant the old fashioned way.  I mean, I see the statistics plummet after anything over 5 years. 

We found the International Vasectomy Reversal Center in Tucson, AZ.  It's kind of expensive, but now I'd say it's well worth it.  The special part is there are two physicians, and each only does one reversal a day.  (So it takes a while to get in.)  They were wonderful and walked us through every step of the way. 

The reversal was late October, and we missed the November window by sheer timing, but by February, we were pregnant!  So far, every experience since then has been amazing, and we're a healthy almost 14 weeks.
  • Prelim on the SA: 6 Million with 10% mobility.

One thing that I questioned the VR Doc was how often he should ejaculate, well they want him every 3 to 4 days (which he is far from doing as of now).  We will see how things go for pregnancy.  I am not temping or all that yet with trying to get pregnant.  The next SA will be at 6 months depending on pregnancy.
    Me: 34 (Divorced 8-22-16)
    Last Depo: 2-19-13  Stopped BCP completely: 10-13-13
    TTC Starting 4-26-14 Stopped TTC 2-1-16
    Ultrasound found minor PCOS 9-5-15
    BFP with boyfriend 12-7-16 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"