February 2014 Moms

Can I join?

Hi everyone! I've checked out your board since joining the Bump and I was hoping that I could join all of you on here. I had my baby girl, Aubrey, on 2/19. I'm a FTM, and am loving all the time I get to spend at home with her as she grows. I'd love to be able to come to you ladies for advice/support (especially since I go back to work in 2 weeks.. I'm really struggling with this and can use all of the support I can get!).

A little bit about me- I'm from PA, and am an elementary school teacher. My husband and I have 2 pets - an amazing 2 year old yellow lab, and a 3 year old tortie cat. We both really like to travel, and will be taking a family trip this week for Aubrey to meet her great grandmother who she was named after (let's hope the flight goes well!!). Her great grandmother has been having many health troubles and cannot travel, so this was our best option.

Anyway, I hope that is enough background on me- and as long as you'll have me, I'm excited to join you on here! Congratulations to all of you on your little ones :)

Re: Can I join?

• Congrats and welcome! I'm an elementary teacher also.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Welcome!!
    Feb 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! We have a lot in common :) I also teach elementary school. What grade? I taught second and am moving to first next year :). We have a black lab, she's 6 though and a tortie cat who is PSYCHOTIC.
  • Congrats & Welcome! We have a working mom checkin that happens occasionally.  We work, we're busy, we forget to do it a certain day, it happens. ;)

Jump on in & good luck with your trip this weekend!

Thank you! I will definitely join in on the working mom check in. That will be helpful! And thanks for the good vibes for our trip! I'm hoping that there are no major meltdowns on the plane!
  • Hi! We have a lot in common :) I also teach elementary school. What grade? I taught second and am moving to first next year :). We have a black lab, she's 6 though and a tortie cat who is PSYCHOTIC.

I teach third but am debating a move to fourth grade. What made you switch to first?? Labs are incredible dogs :) - mine has recently seemed to outgrow his "puppy" and is more of a lazy dog. My tortie is crazy too- she loves to climb the walls during the night!

• I teach third but am debating a move to fourth grade. What made you switch to first?? Labs are incredible dogs :) - mine has recently seemed to outgrow his "puppy" and is more of a lazy dog. My tortie is crazy too- she loves to climb the walls during the night!
    I love teaching 2nd but my team doesn't work well together :( My principal knows that I don't enjoy the team so she's moving me to a team that works together better. At my school you have to work with the team or it messes up our activities and such. I wouldve liked 3rd but could never do 4th! Our lab has been lazy from day 1. The only thing that excites her is water ;) she absolutely loves the beach! We have to lock our cat in the laundry room at night to get any sleep and she still sticks her paw under the door and makes it bang all. Night. Long. I've read somewhere that torties are a bit wild.

• I love teaching 2nd but my team doesn't work well together :( My principal knows that I don't enjoy the team so she's moving me to a team that works together better. At my school you have to work with the team or it messes up our activities and such. I wouldve liked 3rd but could never do 4th! Our lab has been lazy from day 1. The only thing that excites her is water ;) she absolutely loves the beach! We have to lock our cat in the laundry room at night to get any sleep and she still sticks her paw under the door and makes it bang all. Night. Long. I've read somewhere that torties are a bit wild.

Thanks for your reply and it's nice to meet you!! Are you back at work? It definitely adds a lot of stress when you don't have people that you can easily collaborate with- I understand that!

My lab is petrified of water. He only likes water if he can walk down into it slowly (like a beach/lake) but there can't be any waves at all (even little ones) because they are too scary! It sounds like our cats are both trouble makers!
  • Welcome! I have taught 4th grade the past 6 years and will again next year :)
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Hi & welcome. What part of PA are you from? I live about an hour north of Philly.

• Hello! :-h Another outside working mom here
    And then there were three...

• Hi! I am new to the board too and we have a lot in common. I teach 6th grade and go back in 2 weeks too. And our girls are birthday twins. 
    BFP#1 9/10/2012- EDD 5/19/2013- Miscarriage 10/8/2012

BPF #2 6/20/2013- EDD 2/23/2014- Baby girl born 2/19/2014

• Welcome! I teach too but middle school. I don't know how you elementary ladies do it.
  • keags5496 said:
    Welcome! I teach too but middle school. I don't know how you elementary ladies do it.
    And I don't know how you handle middle school! No older than 5th grade for me, thanks!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• BreeAndMe said:

Thanks for your reply and it's nice to meet you!! Are you back at work? It definitely adds a lot of stress when you don't have people that you can easily collaborate with- I understand that!

My lab is petrified of water. He only likes water if he can walk down into it slowly (like a beach/lake) but there can't be any waves at all (even little ones) because they are too scary! It sounds like our cats are both trouble makers!

No, I don't have to go back until August. It's great but it makes me not want to go back at all since I'll have so much time off. What makes you want to switch to 4th grade?
  • Welcome!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Stophoney said:

Hi & welcome. What part of PA are you from? I live about an hour north of Philly.

Thank you! I'm about an hour northwest of Philly so we may be somewhat close! I'm out near the pottstown area.
  • gigantan said:

Hello! :-h Another outside working mom here

How was the adjustment when you went back to working? Did it get easier to go each day? I'm having such a hard time accepting that I need to go back. I'm hoping that it gets easier being back at work but worry that every day will be a struggle for me. I saw the working moms check in and will definitely be participating in that once I do start back at work.
  • littlepig2littlepig2 member
    edited April 2014
    welcome! I'm also a teacher (used to do 1st and 4th, now in 7th) and our LO's are birthday twins! Aubrey was our other top name choice for DD :)
  • Lemon81 said:

Hi! I am new to the board too and we have a lot in common. I teach 6th grade and go back in 2 weeks too. And our girls are birthday twins. 

Hi! It's nice to know that someone is going through the same situation as me! Thanks for your response :)
  • Welcome to the board!

Re: work getting easier -- I went back to work on the 14th and it was tough. It gets a bit easier every week, though!

Thanks for your response- I know returning to work will be so tough, but hearing that it's getting a bit easier for others is reassuring!
  • BreeAndMe said:
    Hi & welcome. What part of PA are you from? I live about an hour north of Philly.
    Thank you! I'm about an hour northwest of Philly so we may be somewhat close! I'm out near the pottstown area.

BreeAndMe said:
    I always get Pottstown and Pottsville confused! I live in the Lehigh Valley area.

• Welcome! Another teacher here, middle school! I'm back at work this week, my advice is rest up as much as you can now :)
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"