Single Parents

I hate you Verizon! Tuesday Bitching...

eg214eg214 member
edited April 2014 in Single Parents
Verizon FIOS sucks big ball sacks.

I had my services cut off while I was in FL, well on temporary suspension. They were supposed to be turned back on on the 26th when I got back. I got like 2-3 emails about this and 2-3 letters in the mail, all with the same date. Anyway, long story short, they weren't back on, spent over an hour on the phone three times, and basically was told nobody could help me because they had all left and I'd have to wait for Monday. Being an online student, that is not acceptable. So I called today to see if they could compensate me in some way for their idiocy, DVR for 3 months, HBO for 3 months SOMETHING. Nope. They offered me half off those things. WOW. WHAT A DEAL. So, I cancelled. Fuck them. Now I'm looking at upping my cell phone plan to include more or unlimited internet and using as a mobile hotspot or getting another service. Anyone have experience with using their phone as a hotspot? I have a GS3 and AT&T. I tried setting it up on my phone but can't get it to work. I am going to go to the AT&T store when the weather gets better I guess.

Anyway, WTF happened to customer service now a days? Nobody gives a shit!

Oh and I called my bank to ask if I could skip a payment for May bc I have no money. I've not missed or been late on a payment in well over 17 months (nor asked to skip one) and because I have no income (student loans im living off of don't count) they won't allow me to skip it. WTF. So...they'd rather me just not pay them and repo the car then me pay them at the end of my loan? So stupid.

ps. got it figured out for the cell phone wifi hot spot thing. Costs me an extra $20 a month vs like $100+ for my FIOS crap. I can do without TV and home phone and have been looking for a way to save some money on the cable thing. I hope 5GB is enough for me to submit my assignments and stuff. I did a calculator thing online and it seems to be.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: I hate you Verizon! Tuesday Bitching...

• All of that sucks :( I'm so sorry. That's a lot of chaos to return to right after being gone for so long!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Hugs, im glad you got the hotspot thing worked out, im not sure what to tell you about the bank
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awful. I've never had Verizon, but I am a happy AT&T customer. Sorry about the bank, I wish they would be more cooperative. Capital one repo'd my car once and it was because they claimed I hadn't paid in 3mo. I had to pay $1,500 to get it out (3mo payments, tow & storage at the yard). After a fight that lasted an additional 4mo, they credited my account that money. I hate capital one. I had to start sending checks via certified mail about a year or two before that just so that I had proof that I had been current.

Long story short, it would be more than a month before they started repo paperwork
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • eg214eg214 member
    Thanks gals. Yeah it was repoed once before like...3 years ago? 2.5 years ago? Once I was 2 months behind they repoed it. I had always heard it took them a long time or like it would be 6 or 7 months before they took it, but no such luck. I would love for them to just take it bc I need a new car and this one is a monster POS that needs tons of work, but I've been hard at work rebuilding my credit for a couple years now. I just got approved for a new credit card (yay for running up more debt SMH) so maybe I can pay it for May with that. SUCKS.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Roxalot said:
    That is awful. I've never had Verizon, but I am a happy AT&T customer. Sorry about the bank, I wish they would be more cooperative. Capital one repo'd my car once and it was because they claimed I hadn't paid in 3mo. I had to pay $1,500 to get it out (3mo payments, tow & storage at the yard). After a fight that lasted an additional 4mo, they credited my account that money. I hate capital one. I had to start sending checks via certified mail about a year or two before that just so that I had proof that I had been current. Long story short, it would be more than a month before they started repo paperwork
    Ughhhh my new car loan is through them. I'm hoping and praying this does not happen to me.

Throwing leaves <3
  • eg214eg214 member
    Roxalot said:
    That is awful. I've never had Verizon, but I am a happy AT&T customer. Sorry about the bank, I wish they would be more cooperative. Capital one repo'd my car once and it was because they claimed I hadn't paid in 3mo. I had to pay $1,500 to get it out (3mo payments, tow & storage at the yard). After a fight that lasted an additional 4mo, they credited my account that money. I hate capital one. I had to start sending checks via certified mail about a year or two before that just so that I had proof that I had been current. Long story short, it would be more than a month before they started repo paperwork
    Ughhhh my new car loan is through them. I'm hoping and praying this does not happen to me.
    Oh man. I have 2 CC's from them and get letters EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. begging me to apply for a car loan at X dealership. I don't have a job so can't do that anyway. Your experience @roxalot is sucky. I hope that isn't representative of how they are. I am shocked they credited your account back though. I can't get DVR for 3 months but CapOne can credit $1,000+. INSANITY this world is. LOL

• I'm sure they only credited my account after I sent mail to them with my company's logo stamped envelope. I work at a law firm. I was close to having one of the attorneys write a letter for me. I've only heard shit stories about their customer service and the trouble my one friend went through when they had a charge on her account that shouldn't have been charged.

@jellybean529 good luck. I would have a record of every payment nearby just in case.
  • OMG I had a car loan through capital one several years ago.  I was paying more than my regular payment to get my car paid off faster.  Well, they started having their collections people call me because they said I was past due.  They had started applying ONLY the original car payment to my account and applying the extra to the next month's payment.  It wasn't the whole payment amount though.  So, even though I was still paid ahead, they were arguing with me that I was past due.  Fucking idiots.

• Yeah, I sent separate checks if I paid extra with a note on the check that said "toward PRINCIPLE ONLY" so they couldn't apply it to their fees or whatever
  • eg214eg214 member
    Yep @roxalot. I just learned this last month. I've been overpaying my auto loan and my student loans pretty much for nothing. I mean, I know it goes towards it but not the way I was thinking.

• Good grief you guys. I'm freaked out now!

Throwing leaves <3
  • Good luck on your auto loan @jellybean529!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"