Parenting
Options

Good god...its one of those days...

I could really use some extra patience right about now. So if anyone has a tidbit extra (or just booze will help) that they're willing to lend, by all means, please!!

My kid has been a cranky, whiney, (most likely teething) fucking mess. He's also been on a wicked food strike for the past 2 days now. Like wtf kid...I dont buy/make food so you can throw it on the floor for the dog and cat to eat. EVERY.SINGLE.DAMN.PIECE of food ends up on the floor.

And the best part? He thinks its absolutely hilarious. I know they always say "dont worry, they will eat when they are hungry!" But honestly speaking, my child has eaten close to nothing for past day and a half seemingly. Oh and his naps have been a suckfest too. Aaaand we were up a few times last night as well for a screaming drool party. No temp (like 98-99ish), we've been giving tylenol/motrin as needed..but ugh. My head hurts.

Is it too early to start drinking? At this point, I'm willing to go to work drunk tonight, lol.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good god...its one of those days...

• Options
    Holls2011 said:

My sorries go to you.  My sweet kid goes from amazingly perfect to pure hellion in the blink of an eye, I'm right there with you.

Right??? Its literally a blink of an eye. One minute he's giggling and playing like a luttlw angel, the next minute he's screaming his little noggin off. Oy. Like 0 to 60 in 2.2 seconds.
  • Options
    @CtGirl30 Luckily, he went down easily today for a nap. Lets just hope he takes a decent one. I drop him off for a half day at DC at 2pm today and then I'll be working til about 11pm...so hopefully the change of scenery and a few hours with the other kids at DC does him good today.

I'm sorry you guys had a rough night too. All the booze for us. Wtf...these kids didn't get the memo that sleep is GOOD, apparently!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure DH will let me know how their evening went when I get home tonight! Lol.
  • Options
    All my sorries to you... I know what it's like to have a food thrower/waster, DS was the same way.  Sooo aggravating.  But he did grow out of it eventually so there's light at the end of the tunnel

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited April 2014

All my sorries to you... I know what it's like to have a food thrower/waster, DS was the same way.  Sooo aggravating.  But he did grow out of it eventually so there's light at the end of the tunnel

Super fucking aggravating. And I know he's still too little to really understand the whole jist...but he DOES understand that it aggravates the everloving crap out of me/DH, bc every time we give him the stink eye and a firm "no" or "we don't throw food", he just looks right at me and laughs.
  • Options
    Have you tried teething tablet?
  • Options

Have you tried teething tablet?

No, we havent tried tablets, but I've tried everything from cold fruit, teething toys, to frozen teething rings and washcloths...he's not having any of it. Honestly, the only thing that seems to have any impact is tylenol/motrin..which we've been doing.
  • Options
    When my son was teething we used the teething tablets (they are herbal tablets that help with the pain and they can be given whenever not just every 4 hours) I love them and will use them with my second. Its worth a try :/
  • Options
    Well......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"