January 2013 Moms

DS handles being sick better than mommy..

So Thoren it appears is all better. He is eating again, running around, no fever, hydrated, totally back to normal. I however am on my 6th day of my body violently evicting everything i attempt to consume (sorry i know, super tmi). I am dehydrated, i have had a fever for 2.5 days, i am weak, shakey, and nauseous all the time. Finally had the time to make an appointment to get seen today, to make sure i haven't developed a small intestine infection which can happen with an abdominal hernia when you get sick. I am sure everything is fine there, but i don't want to chance it. I am so tired, and honestly, a little bitter. Most people in this situation would have some semblance of help. Family, or a friend, to watch the LO while mommy cowered in bed pleading the universe to take her already. But no, DH is working long hours, and just found out he may be up for rapid deployment which basically means, at any point, if they say so, they can ship him off with as little as a weeks notice. I am not legally aloud to drive, and it looks like i have a seizure disorder. How in the hell am i supposed to pack a house on my own, and get me and DS home? Not that we have anywhere to go of course, but i have no one and nothing here, so i have no choice but to leave if he gets deployed. I feel like death, and i'm pissed. We were just told that he would be getting out, now i might have to explain to my one year old, why daddy is gone, and we aren't at home anymore. How do i even.. UGH!! It is hard enough doing ALMOST everything on my own while being sick, scared, and exhausted. The idea of actually being alone. Taking care of DS, handling all of his therapy, our bills, our possessions, everything, all on my own for an undetermined amount of time, while still trying to get better.. I just can't. I don't know how. This wasn't supposed to happen. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: DS handles being sick better than mommy..

• Oh no. First, I'm so glad your little guy is feeling better.

I'm so sorry you are sick, and so stressed out. I thought your H was getting out? Can they do that? Take a deep breath, look at your little guy and remember how much you love him and how much he loves you. You can do whatever you put your mind to. Just take one step at a time...look at it task by task so you don't let yourself become overwhelmed. 

Is there no one that can help? Isn't there a wives group or something. I know my BIL is in the Airforce and they have wife/girlfriend units and they take care of one another when help is needed. Would a family or friend be able to come out and spend a week or so with you to help?

It doesn't help when you have a nasty bug and you are battling other health issues too. Please go to the doctor and hopefully they can help you feel better and then you can sit down and tackle your next steps. 

I find making a list helps, and then putting a priority on each task. That way you are not overwhelmed with the entire list and just concentrate on the most important items first. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• The Army can do whatever the hell they want. Until everything is official and out-processing has started he belongs to them and they can send him to the freaking moon for all the say we have in it. My mom is battling pancreatitis, and can't fly, so really there is no one to help. I have no friends here. I hate the people here. I don't do wives groups, because i have never had a good experience with them. A lot of catty bored 20 year olds with nothing to do but talk bad about each other. Not my scene, and the FRG leader literally told me to suck it up and that i was SOL, she is just a peach. If he deploys i am completely screwed.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • And that's why BIL didn't join the Army...in all fairness I know nothing about any of the branches...I just know he felt there were better perks with the Air Force.

I just don't understand how anyone can see you struggling and not offer help. If I lived there I'd definitely pitch in and help take DS off your hands, make some meals, help you pack....so sad. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. Are there any local church groups that would be willing to help if you inquired. Someone there on the base HAS to care!

Anniversary

• I might have a couple friends that would now that i think about it. I will give them a call. For what it's worth? I wish every single day that he had joined the Air Force, it is such a better organized branch. I am so proud of my husband, and i always will be, but the Army has done nothing but beat us down from day one.

• Do reach out, and continue to look at other options. Stop by a place of worship there on the base and inquire if they offer any assistance. They might have a group of ladies who would volunteer their time to help.

Hang in there, I cannot imagine what you are going through. But I am a true believer in the light at the end of the tunnel...that at some point things have to get better...that God does answer prayers. (((hugs)))

Anniversary

• I am so sorry that you're dealing with this! I have no experience with anything like this and nothing helpful to say but wanted to send my positive thoughts along that the situation gets better and that he gets out before he gets deployed.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"