December 2012 Moms

Dear Mother Nature (rant, NBR)

Dear Mother Nature,
Please calm yourself the heck down...I did not appreciate having to stay up until 2am this morning to make sure we weren't sucked away to Oz, nor do I relish the thought that they're calling for basically the same pattern today/tonight...kthxbai

I hope everyone fared all right with all the severe weather and tornadoes that have happened in the past couple of days- we had a couple of tornado warnings and some hail as large as baseballs a county or two south of us, but the only real damage in our county are some down trees and power lines...hopefully we fare as well tonight since they're calling for more of the same. In the mean time, I guess I'll just try to caffinate and make it though the day without falling asleep at my desk...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: Dear Mother Nature (rant, NBR)

• I'm glad you guys are ok. I freak the f out in that sort if weather. Straight up panic mode. My sister is in central Illinois, a few miles from that big tornado last year, and I worry for her all the time.

This is why I live in Michigan. Sure we get lots of wind with storms and blizzards, but tornados are usually rare. I hope I didn't jinx us...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • We almost never get this kind of weather either- we in a valley with a plateau on the west and mountains on the east...most of the time the severe stuff looses most of it's punch coming off the plateau- but this stuff last night did what it did 3 years ago and came from the south west, so it was still full strength when it got here. Monday was the 3 yr anniversary of the storms that did major major hail and wind damage around here...I was definitely freaking out, DH would have gone to bed and slept right through it if I would have let him...

• Loading the player...
  • I'm happy that you are ok and didn't have anything happen too bad. Stay safe!!! 

I live in Northern Illinois, very close to the Wisconsin border and we have a few tornado warnings at times but we have never had one hit by me.  But...now that we have a basement my DH and I have put together a kit of stuff down there just in case of severe weather.  It has water, some food and a can opener, blankets and some toys for Morgan.  I am usually home alone at night with her and I am terrified that something will happen so I made him clean that area up and get it ready...just in case. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• We don't have a basement in the new house, and almost all the rooms have an exterior wall or window...we decided on using the little closet off the den that the hot water heater and cat litter boxes live in...it's under the stairs and has no exterior walls so it's probably the safest spot we have there...not sure how well the door would hold up, but hopefully we'll never have to find out either

• am glad to hear our board famalies faired well. Was wondering how people were after reading a second day of reports about extreme weather.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"