November 2014 Moms
Options

Back pain already!

I'm having back pain already. Anyone got any tips. I broke my coccyx when I had my son 10 yrs ago. Always have problems on and off. Found out a couple years ago I have scoliosis. Praying I don't break my coccyx again giving birth to this one.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: Back pain already!

• Options
    I'm having back pains also! I thinks it's because of my big boobs and I'm pretty small:( no tips here! Just letting you know I'm in the same boat.. Ouch! I hope both of us will find some relief!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    My pain was a little higher than yours, but the only thing that has helped me is going to the chiropractor. I'm not sure if it would help as much in your situation, but it might be worth checking into?

imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD Born 11.27.2011
    BFP 9.19.2013 - EDD 6.1.2014 - MMC @ 8 weeks 3 days

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    I highly recommend some back stretches and back strengthening exercises.  I had a back injury right before getting pregnant with DS, and the stretches/light exercises I learned helped me heal from the injury and reduce my back pain during pregnancy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just called my midwife about this last night!  

I am having back, hip and lower abdominal pain that reminds me of being 30 weeks pregnant, and I am only 13 weeks!  She told me to stop picking up my girls (2 and 11 months), take Tylenol and relax in a bath.  Last night in bed the pain was pretty bad, hard to find a good position.  This morning at work I had them switch my hard teacher chair for one of the nice cushiony chairs from the main office and I can already tell a difference.

Good luck!  Let us know if you find anything else that works!
  • Options
    I am currently pregnant for the first time (10 weeks) and thought I was just being a baby about it, this back pain wasn't supposed to start until later!!!  I am very glad to see that it is normal to have discomfort this early.
  • Options
    sweetfacebabysweetfacebaby member
    edited April 2014
    I'm having back pain, shooting pain, hip pain, lower abdominal pain, and leg pain! I have not had a baby in 15 years, so my body is really hurting.

• Options
    For my lower back pain, I find that sleeping with a pillow between my knees at night helps a lot. I see a chiropractor if it gets really bad, but stretching and the pillow seem to help majority of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Prenatal yoga (I bought a DVD on Amazon) helped sooo much when I was pregnant with DS.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Chiro, massage, pregnancy pillow and look into a maternity support belt!  I used one during my last pregnancy and it helped a lot as I got bigger :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mb314 said:
    I highly recommend some back stretches and back strengthening exercises.  I had a back injury right before getting pregnant with DS, and the stretches/light exercises I learned helped me heal from the injury and reduce my back pain during pregnancy. 
    true this. see if your insurance covers some physical therapy during this time? they might want to, if you and your doctor think your back problems will cause labor problems.

is physical therapy a treatment option for scoliosis? you might get at the insurance coverage that way too. 
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    I'm actually a occupational therapist. Lol. Chiropractor didn't work when I wasn't pregnant. Quad exercises help, stretching hams, and adductors. Feels like muscle spasms right now and my coccyx hurts. I'm going to try one of those prego pillows and start my yoga again. Will have to find some good pregnancy yoga because mine are pretty intense that I used to do. Plus I have zero energy by the time I get off work and can barely roll out of bed. I really don't feel like working out honestly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm having the back pain too, mainly on my lower right side, I'm right there w/ you at 11w2d so you are not alone! :) Tylenol and getting up and walking around helps me, I sit for 8 hrs at work and it tends to aggravate it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"