July 2014 Moms
Options

Skin discolouration?!

My mum remarked that she has noticed a significant colour change/discolouration in my skin all overi.e. it becoming much darker. Has anyone else noticed this? And any 2nd or 3rd time mums will this discolouration disappear after the baby is born?

Re: Skin discolouration?!

• Options
    I have discoloration on my boobs, but only there. It is kind of a speckled pattern. From what people wrote last time when I asked it varies as to whether it goes away or not.
  • Options
    I have a discolored and dry spot on my wrist. It looks like a bruise. It's not rather noticeable unless you're looking for it, but I do hope it goes away.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mask of pregnancy pretty bad with DS2 on my forehead, cheeks and nose. Unfortunately it lightened some, but didn't go away and is back full force again now with #3.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I think it depends on what causes the skin discoloration.  For me, it sped up my vitaligo so the lightening is permanent.  For some the pregnancy mask comes and goes, for some it comes and lightens but never goes away. 

Unfortunatly it is mostly a wait and see game. 

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• Options
    I had a bright red splotch on the top of my nose last pregnancy.  It showed up around 6 weeks and went away after delivery.  It did not come back this time, but I do have some splotches on my chest.  We'll see what happens this time!

Also, last time my linea negra was pretty pronounced by this point and didn't fade til about 12 mo PP.  I don't have any this PG.  Weird.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I recall this topic coming up earlier here...
    I did have this on my face primarily with my last pregnancy and did not know if it was directly related to the summer sun or if I would have had it regardless due to pregnancy.  I did develop a few dark moles and they lightened after having my son, but I notice are darkening again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"