3rd Trimester

Help? 37weeks

I'm 37 weeks pregnant. My 3rd baby. With my first 2 I was induced and was on pain medicine so I'm not really sure what to watch for. Anyhow, what I need help with. Like I said I'm 37 weeks along and I have not slept in almost 3 days ((in like 3 hours from posting this it will be 3 hours)). My lower back will NOT stop hurting. Ive tried EVERYTHING, but nothing helped. And now I cant eat anything without throwing it back up other than popsicles and ice. I need help. I don't know what it is or what to do about it. Its starting to get really uncomfortable and I'm starting to get very flustered and keep crying and all cause of the pain and no being able to sleep. ((Symptoms in all this:: lower back pain followed with lower belly pain and pelvic pain, not being able to eat, no sleep.)) Anything will help. Hospital says I'm 1 1/2cm open and "thinning" but wont do or say much about my problems. So please. Help me. I cant take this anymore.

Re: Help? 37weeks

• What help do you think strangers on the internet can actually give you.

Late pregnancy sucks. Call your doctor if you are in that much pain. And you know, for the information on "what to look for."
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • take tyelenol & maybe a hot bath?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Ive called my doctor. I wouldn't be asking for help if I didn't call my doctor first. My doctor said not to worry about it and to use a heating pad for my back. But like I've said. Ive tried everything to get rid of my back pain.
  • Try a chiropractor or a massage. If you have a shower massage, blast that sucker on your back until the hot water runs out. Sorry you are so miserable but it just comes with the territory unfortunately.

• Sadly ive done those too and they didn't helpful all. I have to see a chiropractor once a week anyway due to something that happened 5 years ago.
  • To help with your back pain take a warm bath and make sure when you are sleeping you are placing a pillow between your legs to help keep your back aligned. When you sit in a chair, place a pillow at your lower back for added support. If you are in severe pain take a Tylenol. It is the end of the pregnancy, you are going to be super uncomfortable. Do what you can to ease the discomfort as much as possible and get some rest, but ultimately you will have some level of discomfort/pain. 

image    image    

• If your dr doesn't seem concerned then i wouldn't be... but you know your body better than anyone else...If you feel like the concern and pain is bad enough, you can always take a trip to L&D.
  • Everyone seems so friendly!
  • Go to a chiropractor for sure. Also try acupunture.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Have you tried Tylenol PM for pain and to help you sleep? It was the only thing that worked for me last pregnancy when I hurt that badly.

• are you still feeling this way? it sounds like labor to me every stage labor
  • Could be back labor. I'd call again.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• cajuntjvcajuntjv member
    edited May 2014
    Clearly she came here for support from those who may have experienced the same issues.  If you all can't be helpful then don't post.  You are the reason people don't want to ask for help.

MotherOf3Cuties
      I would try Tylenol PM as one of the other ladies recommended.  I'm almost 33 weeks and am having the same issues along with dizziness.  My doctor advised me to try Tylenol PM.  I was and still am having pain that sometimes becomes unbearable.  Tylenol PM allowed me to be a bit comfortable and at least get some much needed rest.

• @cajuntjv‌ internet strangers can't do much. They gave advice- call the doctor again, take tylenol, try a bath... but that's all we are gonna be able to do.
  • cajuntjv said:

Clearly she came here for support from those who may have experienced the same issues.  If you all can't be helpful then don't post.  You are the reason people don't want to ask for help.

Excuse you? You don't run this forum.
  • Back pain can come from other parts of your body too... Most people dont realize how much a tight calf can throw your body off. Really keep those stretched. Also, try laying on your back (and as best as you can) bring your knees up. Usually it would be to your chest..but bring them to your shoulders. Really stretch those hips out. Laying on your back and both sides just completely straight and stretching everything will also feel really good. Hold a stetch for a whole minute at a time. Also... LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water. You may not realize you might be a little dehydrated, which can also cause back pain. Like more water than you could even think you'll need. Im from AZ so I literally have a bottle in my hand all day. These things have all helped me (and my husband who is recovering from a football injury) out big time with back pain! Good luck! You're so close!

• Oh! and fresh pineapple has an anti inflammitory in it. Plus... silly rumors says it helps start labor lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"