November 2014 Moms
Options

November Twins Check In! 4/28

Hi ladies,

It's time for our weekly November Twins Check in!

How's everybody doing?

There are a lot more twins added this week, we went from 16 to 27 sets! There are also now 2 sets of triplets. Congratulations everyone!

This week's questions are

Have you announced yet?
Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes?
What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week?

Because there's so many new people I'm going to tag everyone again. If this is annoying please let me know.

If there is anyone I missed please feel to invite them. If you are expecting twins and not on this list please say hi and introduce yourself - name/location/due date.

If you have any suggestions or have a question you want me to ask to the group feel free to send it my way. I just want a snark free place for us to ask questions/rant/celebrate/get support when needed.

Hope everyone is doing great!

@amberej, @Laurenantonia20, @morrkim, @Christiansenbaby, @MsMolly520, @KimmieS1756, @lisalynnmama, @Nissi23, @SarahsinLove, @Annamartha,
@carafern, @MrsC430, @yess0311, @tiersa_smith, @ktibbits1, @scarlet3egonias, @zamboni00, @mattswifemomof5, @CPM13, @IntuitiveBlue , @Amandakea15, @milanese0521, @overwhelmed29, @JRua, @Annamartha, @absolutelymaybe, @Makkysmum3, @Mrsdash817

Re: November Twins Check In! 4/28

• Options
    Mine...

Have you announced yet?
    No I'm being super paranoid. Plan on holding off as long as possible. That may change once we get our scans and bloodwork results back. But so far keeping it quiet

Not maternity clothes, just my stretchy clothes. Went to dinner in my fancy black workout pants lol. My "fat jeans" are super uncomfortable and basically unwearable. Not sure how much longer I can hold out. Our big scan is Wednesday so hopefully I'll feel more comfortable about buying stuff (yes I know buying stuff won't affect anything but what can I say I'm superstitious)

High this week was 2 days without barfing and finally eating lettuce and tomato on a sandwich - all vegetables have been making making me nauseous for weeks now

Low
    1 - was completely ripping into my hubby and then bursting into tears for really no reason
    2 - not necessarily a "low" but I'm really not sleeping well. Super uncomfortable no matter what and how many pillows. Between that and peeing every couple hrs I'm grumpy

Has anyone bought a pregnancy pillow they like?
  • Options
    Have you announced yet? 
    We've told a few people, but not our parents. Both our mothers are blabbermouths and I"m not ready for the whole world to know. We were going to wait until Mothers day, but now I'm thinking of waiting even longer. I'll see my parents at the end of May. It would be nice to do it in person. My niece and nephew will be thrilled.

I have purchased some new clothes. Its not maternity clothes, but will work for a while. I'm wearing a new jersey skirt that folds over at the top right now and its so comfortable. What I really need is some new bras.

Mine is a little cheesy. I saw a really good play. It was about relationships and marriage. It made me realize how lucky I am with DH. People always say "Marriage is work", a character in the play said that. It annoys me a little when people say that because its just a sad view of marriage. My marriage generally doesn't feel like work….sometimes we have arguments but we figure it out. When its hard, its just hard in the way that life is sometimes hard. Love doesn’t feel like work to me. Of course this might change with the babies... hopefully it doesn’t. Anyway, I’m very grateful for my marriage.

Low: I lost my phone for about 24 hours. I swore it had been in my purse (on the way to aforementioned play) but it wasn’t and I thought I left it somewhere but it ended up being in my car... with a bunch of missed calls. I lose things ALL THE TIME, even when I’m not pregnant. It always makes me feel so dumb.

TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for hosting this! I like being tagged (it's helpful for me to remember to check in). 

Have you announced yet? 
    Our families and close friends knew we were going through infertility treatments, so they pretty much knew as soon as we did. I ended up telling work at 7 weeks, shortly after finding out it was twins, because I was already getting major morning sickness and would rather they know the truth than think I'm a slacker. Our last frontier is telling our distant "friends" / acquaintances / family on Facebook, and we're planning on doing that after the 1st tri ends. 

No, but I'm making use of maxi dresses and stretchy clothes. While I feel thicker and bloated in general, apparently I'm not really showing. So much so that today at the lab some old guy saw me and said "You are so skinny! You need to eat more sandwiches!" I couldn't resist telling him (and his wife) "Uhm, yeah. You see this right here" (points to stomach) "I've got twins goin' on." The look on their faces was priceless. 

The high point of the week was getting to see our babies move on the ultrasound (and DH got a video of it!). The low point is just the continuation of all this fatigue and nausea. I'm so sick or being sick and tired and wish food sounded good. I miss food. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Hi all!  
    Have you announced yet?  We have told our parents and siblings.  We told our grandmothers on Easter.  We have also told a few friends.  I am beyond superstitious and did not want to tell anyone before the end of first tri but I have been so sick that some people had to know so that they could help me with DS.  

Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes?  No.  With my HG, I have lost 20 pounds.  

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week?  High of the week was the my MFM doc finally found a cocktail of meds to help manage my HG.  I have eaten for three days in a row and have not gotten sick at all!  I will be well on my way to a giant weight gain very soon -- I just know it!  :)
    DS born August 2011
    TWINS are on the way!
  • Options
    Wow I did not realize we had that many multiples.

Have you announced yet?  We told our parents and siblings as soon as we found out it was twins.  We then told a few friends here and there over the next few weeks.  A couple weeks ago I announced at work.  After Easter and a good appointment we announced to everyone else.

Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes? I started wearing maternity pants right before Easter and am occasionally wearing smaller maternity tops.

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week?  My high is that I might have felt a few movements.  (I'm not for sure).  My low was when I had bleeding on Friday, but the u/s showed babies were both fine.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Hi everyone! This past week flew by for me!
    We have announced to our immediate families and some close friends, and I've told some co-workers as we're pretty close knit. We're waiting to tell the rest of the world for another week or so.

I bought some maternity clothes this weekend but haven't worn any yet. Just feeling bigger by the day (for me!).

My high of the week was definitely seeing the babies move on the ultrasound :) Low would be continued nausea

Everyone have a great week!
  • Options
    CPM13CPM13 member
    Have you announced yet? We've told a few people we are pregnant but only our parents that it is twins. I'm older (40) and at pretty high risk (33-50% depending on the source of the statistic) of miscarrying at least one of them, so I've only told the people I think I would lean on if that did happen. We have an appointment Thursday and then an ultrasound Monday so depending on what we find then I think we will tell more people that we are close to. But I'm pretty private. I won't be posting on facebook or anything like that for a while (I was 8 months before I mentioned being pregnant with DD on FB)
    Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes?A few things, but in general no. It's easier to hide it in regular clothes. 
    What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week?Had a great day with DD yesterday. Some days being home is tough but yesterday was a great day. Lots of outings, good naps, happy baby. :) As for a low... I can't think of anything. Life's pretty good. :)
  • Options
    Have you announced yet? We also did fertility treatments, so our families / close friends have known since day 1. We plan on announcing to everyone else after my NT scan.

I ordered a few maternity things from Old Navy (they were having a good sale a couple weeks ago), but still in regular clothes. My jeans are getting pretty tight though!

High - I'm finally starting to feel more at ease & less anxious about something going wrong. Low - Morning sickness has been extra rough these past few days. Only liquids are staying down... I miss food!

Have a great week ladies! :)

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • Options
    Hello ladies! I also loved being tagged, very helpful to remember to check-in!

Have we announced yet? We have told a few family members and friends. We plan to wait until after the gender scan to do a big announcement.

Have I moved into maternity clothes? Not yet, I am a plus size women and lost close to 75lbs after my DD's birth in Oct 13 so I still have sometime in my regular clothes.

My high of the week was attending my best friend's baby shower, she had a blighted ovum in 2011 and had been TTC for 12 months and finally got a sticky BFP so it was nice to enjoy the day with her!

My low of the week is I have a UTI no fun and yesterday I had some pink blood when I wiped once, doctor says it is probably related to the UTI. I am hoping. Nothing today so far so that is good.

@erinwithtwins‌ I have the snoogle which I used during my last pregnancy I loved it for my belly and legs but not so much under the head. I prefer using my own pillow.
  • Options
    amberejamberej member
    edited April 2014
    Have you announced yet? Yes, we have announced! We couldn't wait to tell everyone!

Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes? Yes, I have I ware them everyday. I feel so huge already.

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week? My high of the week was getting new living room furniture, they other furniture really needed to go!
  • Options
    Nothing new to report! I'm 12 weeks and 3 days today. I went to the OB on Friday and he said that my uterus is measuring 15 weeks!

Have you announced yet?

My mother in law announced for us on Sunday. 

Not yet but I can feel my pants getting snug!

High this week was turning 12 weeks

Low was:
    Headaches and nausea returning

******Siggy Warning**************

Me 29 - no known issues ( Highest FSH 10.1??) 
    DH- 36 - quite the perfect man!
    TTC since 1/2011
    IUI #1 March 2012 
    BETA #1  BFP
    B/O at 6 weeks D&C @ 10 weeks 
    IUI #2-7 (2012)= BFN
    IVF  Jan 14 - Follistim, Ganirelix
    22R, 8M, 8F
    ET  (1-14-14) - 1 Grade A 8 cell = BFN
    FET (2-18-14)  1 grade A 12 cell and one early morula!
    BETA #1 (3-3-14) =1,389  p4 17.4
    BETA #2  (3-5-14) = 4,553 u/s showed one small g sac
    U/S #2      (3-17-14) Shows two little beans with heartbeats!!! TWINS!! 
                                       Heartbeats were 119 & 120 beans measured (6 weeks 1 day) (6 weeks 2 days)
    found out at 20 weeks that baby B went to heaven
    11/12/14 Baby girl arrived :)
    FET (1-24-16) Grade A early morula 
    BETA #1 300 p4. 11.1 
    BETA#2 1300
    u/s d 1 tiny babe :)
    10/7/16 another sweet baby girl
    4/18 SURPRISE + HPT 
    Beta #1 6 weeks 16,202 p4. 13.2

• Options

Have you announced yet? We’ve told our parents and siblings and a few close friends but haven’t made a big announcement yet. I told my coworkers at the very beginning since we’re all a pretty close group.

Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes? Not yet – too superstitious but I can’t wait. I have the same 4 stretchy dresses in rotation right now and its getting old!

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week? High was definitely this morning at the ultrasound. We got to see our babies swimming all over and kicking and waving. They sure are active! Low was probably last week… I had a cold and I was a gross blob of misery. Thankfully it seems to be on the upside today!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Have you announced yet? We told our family, close friends and close coworkers.  We’re waiting 2 more weeks to make it ‘FB official’
    Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes?  Not yet, I lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant, so I’m in my ‘old’ pants now.

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week?  HIGH: My hubby told his coworker and good friend we were expecting, coworker said us too… apparently we are due a week apart!!

• Options

Have you announced yet? Not really...we told our family, close friends and my boss.  After our scare this past Friday I figured I would wait until after my next ultrasound to announce...which should be May 12th.  

Have you moved onto Maternity Clothes? Not yet..but I definitely need to!! I've just been sticking to stretchy dress pants and yoga pants...the jeans with the rubberband is no longer working :-/

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week? My high was not having to work this weekend!! :-) My low was definitely my visit to the ER Friday...just glad the babies are okay.  

Nov '14 June Siggy Challenge--Dream Vacation
    Bora Bora

TTC since 3/2009 PCOS, Hypothyroid, both Fallopian tubes blocked *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 
    Treatment IVF Cycle #1 (12/2013) ... BFN :-(

IVF Cycle #2 (2/2014) 
    2/21/14 ER..2/24/14 ET - 3 Grade 8 embryos transferred 
    6dp3dt very faint BFP!!  - it's TWINS!!! EDD 11/14/14
     *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Have you announced yet? Yes, we announced on Easter (family, friends, FB).

Have you moved onto maternity clothes? I've been wearing mat pants for a couple weeks (my bloat was so uncomfortable!), but still wearing pre-pregnancy tops.

What was your high (and if you want to say low) of the week? DS is starting to transition to one nap a day (most days still two). If he has a one-nap day, he goes to bed earlier that night. DH and I got to watch an entire movie the other night! Usually we're too tired to get through a whole movie. It normally wouldn't have been a movie we would have said was that good but at the end we were both, "That was the greatest movie e-ver!" Haha! The low would be DS has a stuffy/runny nose. Luckily he's in good spirits during the day but sleep has been a challenge. I hope it clears up soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Have I announced yet?
    Yes a while ago but then we had to announce we were having triplets this week.
    Have I moved onto maternity clothes?
    Yes ugh I feel like I have gained a ton of weight but in reality I have lost weight.
    High or low of the week?
    Find out I am expecting triplets! !
  • Options
    Hi ladies. This was posted on the multiples board but in case you missed it I thought it was sweet

https://www.neworleansmomsblog.com/2014/04/30/a-day-in-the-life-with-triplets-then-and-now/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"