September 2013 Moms

Being a Bitch

LelaDenneyLelaDenney member
edited April 2014 in September 2013 Moms
I have been distant lately because I have been going through a ton of marital issues. I am such a bitch to my husband for no reason. He is so good to me. He does pretty much everything I ask, supports me, and loves me at my worst but yet I am constantly saying mean things and being a bitch. I am a sassy girl but this is unreal. I am watching my marriage crumble and can't snap out of it. I don't know what's wrong with me. We start counseling this week and maybe that will give some insight. I feel crazy. I'm not pregnant either. That was a serious thought. Please tell me I'm not the only one being a total crazy person for no damn reason.

Edited for spelling.

Re: Being a Bitch

• DH says I'm grumpy. I snap at him more than I use to. I just keep reminding him how little sleep I'm getting. It makes me irritable. :(

so no you aren't crazy nor are you the only one. I'm sorry things have been tough at home. Counseling is a great start. Take care of yourself :)
  • Hugs! Anger is an active form of fear. Is there anything that your H has done to make you fearful? I hope that counseling will shed some light on your situation. IME, I find it beneficial for each person to get individual counseling as well as the couples counseling. That way you both can explore the situation(s) that led you to where you are today. I hope things start looking up for you @LelaDenney‌!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a great step in the right direction to go to counseling! Hopefully that can help pinpoint why you're feeling this way if it's something underlying.

I can relate to feeling bad about how you're acting toward him- my DH also would do just about anything i ask of him but sometimes I instead choose to snap at the little things he does wrong than the 99 things he does right. I think being a new mom and adding the lack of sleep and stress and pressure would make most people act like a beeotch at times tho. At least a therapist will help you sort it out together!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • "I can relate to feeling bad about how you're acting toward him- my DH also would do just about anything i ask of him but sometimes I instead choose to snap at the little things he does wrong than the 99 things he does right." This! I am being such a bitch to DH and he doesn't deserve it. I've become OCD since having LO and it's driving a wedge between us. Add to it NO SEX and I sometimes wonder why he's still with me. He has his faults too but nothing compared to mine. Good for you for getting counciling. I really hope you can get to the root of your problems and help build a stronger marriage. I should take a page out if your book and do the same :)
  • Thanks for the support. Honestly this what I needed. I feel blessed he hasn't given up and is open to counseling. @BlondAmbition1230‌ and @bermybabe68 this is me. It's weird but feels good to know it's just not me. Thanks for sharing. Feeling hopeful.
  • @jenny5o5‌ thanks :) yeah I was hoping for a positive test bc it would explain everything and be a major celebration. I just didn't expect these feelings of anxiety and OCD at 8 months old.
  • edited April 2014
    Sending positive vibes. Marriage is hard as is having a baby. Don't beat yourself up. At least you are trying to make it work!

• I feel like I could've written the exact same thing. I just know that this will pass, we will get a full nights sleep again (my reason why I'm a bitch) and in the mean time, I apologize profusely to my husband after I give myself a time out. He knows that I don't mean to be a bitch.

Lately he's been taking LO to the park for an hour or two while I stay home and relax. That seems to be helping me. Maybe yours can do the same? Good for you for seeking help, though!!
  • It's a great step in the right direction to go to counseling! Hopefully that can help pinpoint why you're feeling this way if it's something underlying. I can relate to feeling bad about how you're acting toward him- my DH also would do just about anything i ask of him but sometimes I instead choose to snap at the little things he does wrong than the 99 things he does right. I think being a new mom and adding the lack of sleep and stress and pressure would make most people act like a beeotch at times tho. At least a therapist will help you sort it out together!
    This is me too. And i always complain to him about how much i dislike his family (although to my credit his mom does suck and he knows it). So i'm not always fun to be around either. But I always own up to being bitchy and apologize if i know i'm being crazy. I think acknowledging to him that you know what you're doing is not rational always and that you're not sure why you're always snapping at him and telling him that you want to take active steps to fix this (like you're doing with counseling) is a great first step in the both of you getting stronger and better together. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"