January 2013 Moms

Dinner rut...

I love our weekly meal plan thread, because it's great for ideas, and helps me to stay accountable to my meal planning.

That said, I feel like I'm making the same thing every week. DH leaves on Thursday for the weekend to take his oral boards. It'll just be DD and me, so we will probably end up going out a lot for dinner.

Would love ideas!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Dinner rut...

• @DCKate - Vegetarian or carnivore?

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Both!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you like lamb i have an awesome crock pot recipe, if you aren't a lamb person, i think beef would be good too.

Put about 2 pounds of lamb or beef (cubed) into the crock pot (i would use flank steak if you are going with beef, lots of flavor, and will have plenty of time to tenderize).
    cover with 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, 1 tbsp fresh garlic, one whole sweet onion, 2 carrots largely chopped, 1 cup chopped dried apricots, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir, cook on low for 6 hours to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 6. You want the meat to be falling apart tender. Serve over couscous, rice, or quinoa, with fresh mint or parsley chopped, on top (optional). You can also add chick peas to the crock pot in the beginning if you like, and frozen peas during the last 10 minutes.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• @AshleyDehaven‌ sounds awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"