November 2013 Moms
Options

Q for Team Green-ers!

If you were having another LO would you be Team Green again?  DH and I were discussing this the other day because all our friends are Team Green lately.  I thought about doing it this time around, but read a blog of a woman who explained that the downside for her was that there was a slight tinge of sadness on the baby's birth day because you plan for two lives (a life with a boy and a life with a girl), but you only end up with one.  

What say you Team Green?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Q for Team Green-ers!

• Options
    DH and I made an agreement before we even got married that the first 2 we wouldn't find out and any after that I could if I wanted too. DH wants them all to be a surprise. After being surprised with Matthew I think all will be a surprise. It was a lot of fun guessing the whole time and finally finding out was amazing. I wasn't at all disappointed and I thought boy the first 20 weeks and girl for the last 22.
  • Options
    I will definitely be team green again. The anticipation and not knowing was fun, and it was such an awesome moment when he was born and we finally found out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved being team green for DS.  I would have done it again, but baby #2's bedroom was a pale shade of pink.  I hated to repaint a perfectly good color, but (as much as I don't mean to perpetuate gender stereotypes) I didn't want to stick a boy into a pink room.  

A friend was team green for both of her pregnancies, and her husband announced the sex of the baby.  With her second he said, "another boy!", and it wasn't until several minutes later that she realized he was joking and they had a girl.  Not sure I'd be cool with that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would go team Green again. I was so shocked the baby was here that I forgot to ask, though.
  • Options
    VegasGal1978VegasGal1978 member
    edited April 2014
    I would absolutely do it again! I loved the surprise. Best in the world. Ii don't agree with the sadness. Not one bit. The only thing that bugged me was that she was wearing so many gender neutral things what all I wanted her to wear was girlie clothes. It's not a big deal though. It's worth the extraordinary surprise.

Edit: hit post too soon.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    I would definitely do Team Green again. Was fun wondering what my LO would be. I was a little disappointed my Dr. didn't say "It's a boy!" When she delivered LO. She just said here he is...doesn't have the same ring to it as "It's a boy!"
  • Options
    Team green again!!:). I loved the surprise!!:)
  • Options
    I wasn't team green, and could never do it, but was it Jennie's blog??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    Kaymee said:
    I wasn't team green, and could never do it, but was it Jennie's blog??
    Yeah it was jennifromtheblog.  I'm afraid I would feel the same way she did.  So happy for the new baby- but slightly bummed it wasn't the other.  

• Options
    88sharonlee88sharonlee member
    edited April 2014
    I wasn't team green but had a few friends pregnant at the same time that were and it was fun to wait for their surprise.
    For me I might have considered it briefly for the first one, but I wouldn't even consider it for number two because I know DH wants a boy so if it's another girl I want him to have time to accept that and get excited for another girl.
    Maybe if we have a third (unlikely) and already have one if each I'd go team green for fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"