November 2014 Moms
Options

Fetal Doppler In!

I have not posted in a few weeks but I had a successful 1st appointment with urine and blood work at 6 weeks
Then 2nd appt with 1st ultra sound at 8 weeks saw baby with DH for the 1st time and everything measured great!
I have been prescribed one shot of lovenox a day due to a clotting disorder - sucks but I did it with my last pregancy and if I gotta do it I gotta do it.

Decided to tell our kids the news over spring break - we chose the book "Baby Makes 5" a cute Berenstain Bears books and then shared the ultra sound pics!

It has been very interesting trying to explain the baby news, time frames and feelings about the future addition. November is far away.

My cousin was pg last winter and said having a doppler was very amazing for her and the family to share/have. I looked into a few places online along with some youtube videos and we decided to purchase one. We used the website Clinical Guard b/c most of the online store did not have telephone numbers for customer support (in case of fraud or shipping issues)
Sonoline B Handheld Pocket Fetal Doppler +  2-3 delivery $9.00 so total + with gel $63.56! (without gel or rushed delivery doppler alone was $52.49)

I ordered Thursday afternoon and it arrived today!  I have been messing around with it but so excited to share with the family tonight after dinner! This could get addicting for sure ;)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural Miscarriage 2006

BFP March 19th! - Due Date11/25/14

Re: Fetal Doppler In!

• Options
    I think after I hear the heartbeat for the first time next week I'll be purchasing one to have at home. I, too, am on Lovenox shots due to Factor V.

Enjoy the doppler! Happy and healthy 9 months to us both :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MGM81MGM81 member
    Thanks AmandaRae529 great to hear you are also on Lovenox but sorry you even have to take the shots. With my son I was on the shots twice a day from 10weeks till about 32 weeks. The good thing is you can stop around 32-34 weeks and maybe pick your due date? I was able to pick my date and be induced. It was a little more controlled than I would have liked but made it great for planning and family info. Hope to go before Turkey Day that's for sure! Then post baby shots for 2 weeks.
    Whats your estimated due date?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural Miscarriage 2006

BFP March 19th! - Due Date11/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same Doppler. It takes patience. My hands would hurt after a while. At 8 weeks it was hard to find but by 10 weeks I was finding it a lot sooner and I figured out where the baby was camping out at. Enjoy yours. I like mine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @MGM81‌ My EDD is 11/18. My OB said I'll stay on Lovenox til I'm about 35-38 weeks then she'll take me off and we'll set a date to be induced. My hematologist said he'll take me off the Lovenox around the same time then put me on heparin so when I go in labor, I'll be able to get the epidural. Haven't decided which I plan on doing yet. Then I have to be on the shots for 6 weeks after, maybe more if I have a c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"