January 2014 Moms
Options

LO in crib with no bumper pads

My LO is almost 4 months old. He just recently started wriggling around in the night (we swaddle him but he hates his feet enclosed so he usually breaks out his feet). He typically is found in the morning switches either 90 or 180 degrees in the crib. The last 2 nights he has been up a couple times because he gets his feet caught in the bars of the crib. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with their LO. Any suggestions from other moms? He usually sleeps with only 1 wake up for a feed, or sleeps all night and now that he is waking up because of this we are up several times. I also know of the sleep regression that may be coming up, but I do think these wake ups are because he has his feet wedged and sometimes I can hear him kicking the wall!

Re: LO in crib with no bumper pads

• Options
    Yes, we had to buy breathable (mesh) bumpers because M getting his legs stuck. They've worked great and he's slept right up against them with no problem.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    We used breathable bumpers with ODS for this reason. For now, the swaddle keeps him from getting stuck so we will wait but once he's unswaddled then we will use them again.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the breathable ones as well and think they are great. LO is a huge mover in her sleep. She's always at the other end of the crib when I get her in the AM or turned the other way.
  • Options
    I'm for sure going to find me some of these mesh bumper pads. Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    My LO is a bit younger and still in his PNP in our room so I can't speak from experience, but could you try a sleep sack?  It might prevent his legs from getting caught.
    Baby Boy Due 1.25.14
  • Options
    We're just waiting for our bumpers. Since moving out of the swaddle, DD keeps getting her arm stuck in the crib!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"