Adoption

Weekly check in April 28

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - How open are you with others about your adoption plans - social media, work, friends, etc?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Do you have any siblings, where are you in the birth order? 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Weekly check in April 28

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

PAP foster to adopt

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

We are supposed to be meeting with our case worker to review our profile this week.  

3.) AR-QOTW - How open are you with others about your adoption plans - social media, work, friends, etc?

I'm open with friends, I shared my blog when I first started the process on Facebook now I post nothing about it there.   Some people at work know and others don't.  I need to tell some people next week and I'm not sure how to broach the subject.   I feel they need to know that I will be taking a 4 week leave when we are placed and they might not get a whole lot of notice. 

I have 2 sisters, I'm the middle one.  

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • 1) DIA adoptive mama
    2) 3rd post-placement visit (out of 6) is tomorrow. We also heard from our lawyer that BF filed something to establish paternity, but with the wrong court (he filed w/o an attorney) and it's nothing that would overturn the adoption, etc. He has to file a response letter for us by the 5th. Ready for this to be done already.
    3) we were very open snout our plane to adopt on social media and IRL
    4) I am the second oldest. Older sis is bio cousin/adopted by my parents. Younger sis is full bio sib. Little brother is half sib (dad & step mom's kid), and I haven't had contact really since I got married (dad passed when I was in HS and step mom made little effort to keep involved with us after).
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? DIA

Our darling son was placed with us on 7/29/13. We are still waiting for finalization. I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't go into the legal profession, apparently, you can not do your job yet still get paid significantly. That would be awesome.

We've been totally open.

1 sister. I'm the eldest.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

DIA

Our interviews are booked for next Monday, and we are working through our online courses. Hopefully that means we are close to our home study and being approved!

Everyone at work knows, as well as our families, but we don't post about it on social media. We figure that everyone who needs to know will be told in conversation, and we don't want to have too many prying questions until we know for sure what is going to happen.

1 brother, 2 sisters - I am the oldest.

• 1. Hoping to start DIA soon!
    2. I had a phone interview with a local agency yesterday. They are licensed to do home studies and work very well with the national agency we are interested in. They have a 1-2 year wait, so the woman encouraged us to do our home study with them and then move forward with the other agency. She did a great job explaining the process to me.
    3. We are pretty open if people ask. More people have asked about our plans in the last week due to our coming out for NIAW, and we've privately told them of our plans, but it hasn't been broadcasted yet.
    4. I am the oldest of three girls. There are two years between each of us.
    Our first baby never made it into our arms but will always be in our hearts
    TTC #1 since Feb. '12. dx: "unexplained" IF
    Dec. 2013 IVF#1 (Lupron): 1R 1F 5dt BFFN
    Feb. 2014 IVF#2 (Antagonist): 5R 3M 2F 5dt  // BFP EDD 11/7 //m/c at 6w2d - hearts are broken
    Decision: Not financially worth it to pursue IVF #3. Adoption process beginning April 2014
    I've been holding out on GP: I got drunk once and started a blog: Here it is
    Wishing all the wonderful GP girls tons of luck! <3

Foster to Adopt - we met with our licensing worker on Friday, only thing we need to do officially is get carbon monoxide detectors on the first floor and basement, we only have them on the top floor right now.  She also obviously suggested child proofing, putting our wine racks up higher, getting and escape route drawn in case of fire, and packing up and storing some of my glass vases and what night. 

After we met with the licensing worker on Friday we then went through Sessions 1 and 2 of Pride training for DCFS on Saturday, 2 down 7 to go. 

We haven't told anyone on social media but we have told our families and some of our friends.  We are excited about it so we will probably start officially announcing it when we are finished with all the trainings. 

I have one brother who is 5 years younger due to my parents having problems getting pregnant after me (wonder where i get my infertility from...), but yes just one younger sibling. 

Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• annaliselannalisel member
    edited April 2014
    1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  Adoptive mom
    We just had our 2nd and last post placement visit! Now the waiting begins again. 
    3.) AR-QOTW - How open are you with others about your adoption plans - social media, work, friends, etc?We didn't share on social media, but did very much so with family, friends, and work. We were much more open with the adoption process than with infertility treatments.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Do you have any siblings, where are you in the birth order? I am the older of 2. I liked having a sibling and would like DS to have a sibling. DS's birth mom said she would love for him to have one too! Maybe he'll get to be a big brother in both his adoptive family and his birth family.
  • maryoosa said:

Our darling son was placed with us on 7/29/13. We are still waiting for finalization. I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't go into the legal profession, apparently, you can not do your job yet still get paid significantly. That would be awesome.

We're at 6 months. So not that far behind you. I can't understand how most people, according to polls, finalize between 4-6 months in DIA. 
  • 1. We are Fostering to adopt.
    2. Fostering a 9 month old boy. Today was our second home visit. Boy is making huge strides developmentally.
    3. Close friends and family know. No social media and thank goodness for FaceTime.
    4. I am oldest of 3. I have one brother and one sister, 6 and 11 years apart respectively.
    I always wanted to be a mom, I just didn't know how I would get there.

DIA or NLRFTA

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!

We have graduation from our classes next Tuesday, our individual interviews next Tuesday and Wednesday and our First aid/CPR/Med training the Tuesday after. We will be able to set a home inspection and fire inspection date after that! No vent this week, I don't think ;-)

Our close family and friends know. We will make it more public when we have a match, I think!

I have one sister who is 3 years younger then me and my husband has no siblings.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• 1.) PAP- DIA

2.) Just waiting.

3.) We've made a few comments on Facebook but not a big 'coming out' post.  Pinterest is a different story (https://tinyurl.com/pd3c3qg  - I could always use more people to follow!).  I LOVE pinterest for adoption related stuff. :) 

4.) I have a 4 year older brother, but we've been mistaken as twins on multiple occasions. I guess I look older.  Maybe he just looks younger?  Yeah, we'll go with that.  He looks younger. :P 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Pinkie78 Yup, private for us. It's kind of reassuring to know there's a known difference and that it's not something we're doing wrong. 
  • sgb721sgb721 member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type?  PAP- DIA

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs? Silence. We're active with both agencies now..... but yea... nothing. Honestly... I'm feeling rather down at the moment. I know the 'average' wait is 1-2 years and we're well within that time frame, I just hoped we'd hear something by now, or be matched by now.

3.) AR-QOTW - How open are you with others about your adoption plans - social media, work, friends, etc? I'll admit that at first we were very quiet. We were still grieving the loss of our ability to have biological children and I hate the idea of being 'different'. Looking back, seeing how far we've come in our hearts and mind, I can't believe how hung up I was on being 'different'. We are now very open about our adoption plans with friends, family, even strangers. We have an adoption page on FB as well as our own website. We're trying to spread the word as I've heard some great success stories about open adoption when someone knows someone looking to make a plan.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Do you have any siblings, where are you in the birth order? I have one older sister whose actually having her second daughter in a month (Sorry- I'm super excited!)

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"