January 2014 Moms
Options

Working Moms: Food?

What food do you eat during your working hours? I find I am starving lately and am looking for some snack type foods. I'm also striving to lose weight while maintaining my milk supply, so not anything super crappy like potato chips. Thanks!

Re: Working Moms: Food?

• Options
    Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheerios! (two separate things, just mixed) But I have to separate them into snack sized baggies or I will eat the whole box. Whole Grain Cheddar Goldfish are also delicious and I feel like them being Whole Grain makes them good for you. (Don't hold me to that. I don't know if that's true). I don't know if these will do anything for your milk supply, but, they are delicious and small so you can store them easily and snack on them slowly. 
    Megan J.
    Wife - 10.20.12 / Expecting - 05.20.13 / Mommy - 01.14.14

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    edited April 2014
    I have always struggled with picking good snacks, but here are some of my better ones lately. Multigrain tomtits and salsa, sugar snap or snow peas, pita bread with hummus, almond milk, peanut butter and crackers, fruit (apples, berries, easy to grab fruits), and carrots with hummus.

ETA: tostitos, not tomitis!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crackers, cut up apples. Also someone just gave me the idea today for yogurt parfaits! Buy a tub of vanilla yogurt, some fruit, and Quaker granola cereal. Mix the yogurt and fruit ahead of time and bring granola separately and then mix all together when you are ready to eat. Can't wait to try this tomorrow!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    km_md said:

I have always struggled with picking good snacks, but here are some of my better ones lately. Multigrain tomtits and salsa, sugar snap or snow peas, pita bread with hummus, almond milk, peanut butter and crackers, fruit (apples, berries, easy to grab fruits), and carrots with hummus.

Tomtits?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    Oatmeal, beef jerky, nuts, yogurt, lots of water.

• Options
    lately, with easter and all, I have been having a hard boiled egg mid morning while I pump.

• Options
    Oatmeal, carrots, grapes, cheese and crackers (needs to be portioned, or I will eat all the cheese!).
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    blue_elle said:
    Tomtits?
    I have no idea what that is haha I have never typed that word and somehow it autocorrected, That should say tostitos lol

• Options
    On Mondays I bring in food for the week. I don't bring enough for the whole week, because I usually have 1 or 2 mornings where I have time to bring in something different for variety or if I am craving something specific, but I pack enough for most mornings when I am rushing to get out the door. So here are somethings I like to pack:

- Fruit, like apples and grapes
    - Baby carrots
    - Greek Yogurt
    - Cottage Cheese
    - String Cheese
    - Nutrigrain bars

If I have time on the weekends, I will make green smoothies and put them in the freezer. If I put them in the fridge over night, by morning they are ready to eat.

And I usually have some variation of these muffins on hand. I try to mix up the fruit/veggie combo in them, like this week, I made them with strawberry and rhubarb in place of the shredded carrots and applesauce in place of the carrot puree. I usually double the batch and throw the second batch in the freezer:
    https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/803139/healthy-recipes-for-toddlers-vegetables-in-disguise
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Lots of great ideas. Thank you!

• Options
    Trail mix. Lots of trail mix.

Kashi granola bars (the sea salt chocolate almond ones are delicious)

baby carrots

Goldfish

(and Reese's peanut butter cup eggs)
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Options
    Carry over from pregnancy cravings... Those squeezy apple sauce packs from Trader Joes (or your local store). They have carrot apple, strawberry apple, Banana apple. Very quick, filling, and pretty healthy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Raw veg with hummus, hardboiled eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, homemade healthy(ish) muffins.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Greek yogurt
    Cheese sticks
    Laughing cow wedge on celery
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I eat too much. Ha!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    Oatmeal, bananas, strawberry Nutrigrain bars, and peanut butter/crackers.  I stash a bunch in my desk and then refill as necessary.
  • Options
    Kind bars Apple slices and almond butter Blue Diamond salt and vinegar almonds - it's like eating the chips, but healthier. I buy them in the single serve pouches so I don't go crazy. Hard boiled eggs @valigrl21‌ What do you put in your green smoothie? I never thought to freeze and unthaw, is the consistency okay?

The consistency isn't as great as fresh. But I don't like spending the time making a fresh smoothie every day so I tolerate the consistency.

I do quite a bit of green smoothies (some aren't actually green but have other veggies in them like squash) But basically I always use cocunut water and greek yogurt then throw in a fruit and veggie, like:
    Berries + spinach
    Berries + kale
    Banana + pumpkin (canned pureed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie though)
    Strawberries + rhubarb
    Apples + Squash
    kiwis + apples + spinach
    Berries + a little orange + carrots
    blueberries + broccoli (not my favorite)

And I usually make some for my husband too and put oats in his, he likes them a little more filling/substance than I do.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Oven roasted almonds (no added oils) Sometimes I smash up a piece of 70-80% dark chocolate and throw it in the snack bag of almonds.
    Kind oat and grain bars- they have oats which of course help with milk supply. They're in the cereal bar section, not the protein bar section
    Apple slices and almond butter
    Carrots/Celery/Snap Peas and hummus
    I usually avoid any juice that isn't fresh juiced cause I'm a nut like that, but I've been having the naked or bolthouse farms green juice because it gives me an energy boost and helps me fill fuller longer. I've found them at aldi for only $3 for the large container that lasts me a week.

Edited to add these awesome muffins- low carb and high nutrient/protein. and Yummy! 
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"