Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

behaviors- norm or not?

Hello!

I just have a general question. I find myself wondering whether a lot of my 19 month Olds behaviors are normal or not. For example, he whines A LOT, but he was such a quiet happy baby. Anyway I'm just curious what books out websites are out there specifically on toddler behaviors that will ease my mind on whether his behaviors are normal or more a reflexion of what I'm doing as a parent.

Thanks!

Re: behaviors- norm or not?

• Options
    DS is 1 and tantrums all the time. It's how they communicate! Get the happiest toddler on the block
  • Options
    I'm wasn't saying whining wasn't normal, it was just an example, sorry. I know whining if normal, but the amount I guess is what worries me. And it's not worrisome in is he normal, I'm more worried about am I doing something wrong. Something that encourages it, etc. So maybe a better question would have been good books for how to deal with varying behaviors. I'm reading 123 magic right now, it seems good but idk if I can use it on my 19 month old quite yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like What To Expect- Toddler Years. It has a lot of examples of different behavioral changes and other useful info.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Our pedi actually thinks that terrible twos begin at 18 months. DS whines all day long. Happy days are not as common for sure even though he naturally has a happy disposition.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I'm reading Toddler 411 right now and I had no idea that the "terrible twos" could start at 1 year and last until 4 years!  DD has started to whine more than she did as an infant and I'm chalking it up to her trying to get her way.  She's testing the boundaries and asserting her independence but whines if I don't let her do something the way she wants to or when she wants to.  I used Baby 411 a ton during the first year so when I saw Toddler 411 I went ahead and bought it.  There's also a lot of helpful info on nutrition, potty training and discipline.
  • Options
    Great, thanks! I'm also curious about discipline for this age. I feel like this is an important age and sets the tone for the upcoming years, but idk if time outs and explanations really work. What do others do/use???
  • Options
    I just ordered Happiest Toddler on Block (DVD and book) and the What to Expect 2nd Year.  I feel like I am clueless once again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"