November 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    TXSparky said:
    My DH had surgery on his hand. We were told before we went in that it would be $2500 out of pocket. This weekend we got a letter from the insurance saying they wouldn't be covering most of it. It actually said we owe $23,000!!! That better be a damn typo! Also F&@$ you tornados!! I don't remember any ladies here from Mississippi, but I hope everyone is OK. @Kristy774‌ I really hope you get some good news that can ease some of your worry.
    Unless you have a crazy out of pocket max, i'm sure that's a typo! 

• Options
    I'm training a new girl at work, she just started today. She seems nice enough but I get annoyed when I have to stop and explain everything I'm doing. I feel like it slows me down so much. But how else is she going to learn? Ugh. I'm just miserable in general today. Blah.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So this w/e we had a precarious cab situation involving my SIL, FIL, DH, MIL. We were leaving a festival and there were basically no cans to be had when we found one it had room for 4 asses but alas we had 5. MIL made a huge deal about me getting a seat bc I'm pregnant. So she ends up sitting on DH, awkward right? We are stuck in traffic. DH is dying to go pee, he is whining and huffing. I say, "we all have to pee" he says "what's pushing on my bladder is a lot bigger than what's pushing on yours" OHhhhh HELL NO. I could have strangled him right then and there. I just can't stop fuming about it and I'm being pretty bitchy to DH but he deserves it.
  • Options
    @FhSTAR81‌ mine is watching workaholics which I think is so stupid and I hate it. He's been up since 4:30am and worked all day so I'm giving in.
  • Options
    icaughtfireicaughtfire member
    edited April 2014
    It's Monday, all of the systems at work were down or running at a snails pace & I had so. many. freaking. audits to do. Plus my district manager stopped by for most of the afternoon which is always good times (/sarcasm). Plus I stayed out WAY too late last night and I'm so exhausted. 

@Kristy774 FX for a great appointment!
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options
    jillybean7582jillybean7582 member
    edited April 2014
    @snarkylibrarian‌ in-home daycares do not automatically mean you have to compromise safety or quality of care. Go to your states family service's website. They should have a list of liscened in-home daycares. If they are liscensed they still have to follow regulations and are periodically checked for compliancy by the state just like a daycare facility. I have used two different liscened in-home providers in two different states and would highly recommend them over a big facility anyday.

• Options
    @snarkylibrarian‌ honestly if I was going to put my infant in a daycare- I'd prefer a home daycare. You get more personalized, individual attention. After 2 years old, I'd consider a facility however like @jillybean7582‌ said, you CAN find really good home daycares. I was a licensed day care provider from 24~28 years old and we did field trips and all kinds of stuff. I would get surprise checks where I didn't even know they were coming (not the parents but the state of MD licensing) and everything had to be regulation.

• Options
    My bitch for the day is my boss who I normally think is great. We are traveling 3hrs away tomorrow for meeting for a project. We leave at 6:15am. Meetings from 9:30-2 with a maybe 15min break to shove a snack in my mouth. Then wr have a gap from 2-5 so we can eat and strategize. After that is community meetings with the neighboring residents and businesses to our project site from 5-9pm. Then a nice 3hr drive back home.

Which means this tired ass pregnant lady will be putting in an 18hr workday. Why the fuck couldn't we have spent the night up there tonight so I could have rolled out of bed at 8:30 for our 9:30 meeting?? Boss you suck this week.

• Options
    @snarkylibrarian

I feel your pain.  We are in a HCOL city, too, and it is really annoying.  Making six figures means nothing here.  A crappy condo in a bad area is half a million.  An ancient tear down of a house in walking distance of my daughter's school is $3M.  (Any decent house in that area is double that.) 

Daycare isn't cheap here either.  I made a lot of sacrifices to send DD somewhere great.  BUT -- it meant 2 hours of driving per day.  I listened to a LOT of audio books during that time.  At least it didn't cost $1900 a month as it would have if I had kept her closer to home.

We started in a 1 BR, too.  And it's just the way DD wanted it.  When she was 20 months, we moved... and she hated her room for a few months!  So don't be too hung up on the dream nursery.  Many babies want nothing to do with their own rooms for a good, long while. 

This baby (if all works out him/her) it will be a bit different.  I will only be working at my own business.  So that means working from home, or taking the baby our private offices for a few hours a couple of days a week.  This little person will not be getting their own room for a while, though.  S/he will be rooming in with us for several months.  The cost of a 3 bedroom vs. a 2 is a huge increase.  We aren't ready to spend that money quite yet.

Anyway, I guess I needed to vent, too.  We work really hard, and love where we live...  but we certainly aren't living that dreamy lifestyle that those in a LCOL area are.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    @Kristy774 fx for tomorrow!!

@snarkylibrarian‌ i wouldn't worry about a 1br appt, you will probably want baby in your room regardless for a while anyway! The bedroom we have for this LO is nowhere near being finished and won't be until after this baby is born!

My bitch? My boss asked me if I wanted to take vacation last week because we had a lot of extra help because of spring break. I go back today and she tells me that she forgot to put my vacation in and payroll is already done.

Also, DH is working nights. He doesn't do this often but I HATE it. I lived with my parents until I moved in with him, so I have not really ever had to be alone over night. DD is home, which makes it even worse because every little sound makes me jumpy! One dog was up all night puking all. over. (IN my shoes!!) and I woke up this morning to find out the other dog ate my flip flops and DD sneakers (she ONLY does this when DH is not home overnight! Guess who had gym today... And guess what I was doing at 6:00 this am... :-(.

DH is working an overnight again :-(
  • Options
    @MrsC430we have the same EDD! I'm finishing all my meds on May 1st (baby asprin, estradiol & PIO), so on the big count down! Did they have you finish at 10 weeks? I think that's how it is for a lot of women, not sure why I get a few extra days
  • Options
    Ugh! Trying to get over this dam cold, mucus and throw up don't mix! Can't eat anything and when I do crave something and eat it, that's the shit I dnt hold down!!! Woke up with a headache( prob dehydration from puking 3 times yesterday night) called the boss to tell him I wasn't feeling good,he tells me to please try to make it in and then he tells me to pick up a ginger ale!!!? Wtf? Today does not seem any different cause the nausea has already started to creep up on me again :/
  • Options
    @jillybean7582 Yeah, I suppose at-home ones get a bad rep. I'm always seeing negligence/abuse reports in the news. The ones I see around my neighborhood all look kinda sketchy, but maybe I will have to drive a little farther to find good ones. I got an account with ChildAware and am looking at licensed in-home providers as we speak.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"