June 2013 Moms
Options

WWJ13 do? (gift related)

DH's neice is turning 1 next week and they're having a big party for her. SIL is always complaining about how they have too many toys and people need to stop giving them toys. Because of that I've picked out a couple of nice books to give as a birthday gift. I know I would love books as a gift for DD but I'm a big reader. WDYT? Would you be happy with books as a gift for your LO or is that lame?
My Book Blog

my read shelf:
Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WWJ13 do? (gift related)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did books for H's niece for her 1st birthday. I picked one with a hard cover and wrote a little message inside. I did it for Christmas too. I plan to give her a book with a message until we stop giving gifts.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would be pumped with books.  They are easy to store and we can really never have enough (unlike toys that takeover all the space!).  
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    Love books for a gift. Great idea!

• Options
    I would love if Grayson got books! I have no idea where we'll put more toys lol
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Totally fine. In fact, I would prefer books too! I posted something on the fb group about Hello Highlights for babies/toddlers. I know of a 15% off coupon floating around the internet too if any of you are interested. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    We get tons of books because LO loves them! I'd say we have too many books and could use more toys.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    I would love books.  Clothes are always good too.  I would just give a gift receipt in case they already have the books you pick.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    34blondie said:
    I'm all about books, too. Definitely sign the inside cover. MH has a few from the 70s from various relatives that are now on M's shelf.
    Signing the inside cover is a great idea, but I would wait until that day to do it in case it turns out they already have that book.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    WasNotWas said:
     You could do a subscription to Nat Geo for Littles or tickets to the local zoo/museum (if you didn't want to do a membership). 
    Love those ideas too!
  • Options
    Buy the books-I love getting them as gifts for LO 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"