September 2013 Moms

I can't take it, incredibly frustrated

DD won't stop screaming today, I'm on the verge of crying. It's to the point that I don't even feel bad for her anymore, I just want her to stop, I feel like I'm going to start screaming right along with her. She needs to sleep and not a single thing I'm doing is helping, I feel helpless and miserable and guilty for just wanting her shut up for even half an hour so I can calm down.

She's not acting like she has another ear infection (it's very obvious when it's an ear infection and she's getting tubes on the 9th) but I don't know what else it could be. Unless she's finally teething? I guarantee her DCP will make us pick her up if she's anything like this tomorrow so SO is just taking her to the doctor.

There's no point to this post, I just needed to vent. I wish more than anything in the world that I could just run away. I've never felt like this before.

Re: I can't take it, incredibly frustrated

• Hugs times eleven billion. I have had moments like that and know how hard it is to a- deal with, b- have those feelings, and c- have guilt over those feelings. This shitty day will pass and I hope she zonks hard.

You are a wonderful mommy and moments like these leave as quick as they come. Don't be too hard on yourself and have a big glass of wine. Hope tomorrow is better!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm so sorry! I know how hard it is to feel so helpless and frustrated and then guilty for feeling frustrated. Hang in there. Tomorrow is another day and I hope it will be better for you!  :x
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you given any pain relief? Tylenol? Motrin? It sounds dumb and condescending, but when someone says baby is inconsable, I immediately go to pain.

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

imageimage
  • I'm sorry you're having a rough day with her. My DD is popping her 5th tooth and has been fussing and whiny for the past 2 weeks and it's driving me nuts. I know just how you feel. Enough a enough and I want my happy girl back :(.
  • It's ok! I'm sure your doing everything you can for your LO! I know how you feel I have been in your situation. Set her down in a safe place and take some time for you so you can have a break even if it's a small one! Like pp have said it will pass and get better. Calming thoughts sent your way!
  • It's like you're in my head @llybeck‌ . I went thru the exact same thing last night, I was literally tearing bc I didn't know what else to do!
    I hope the doctor appt goes well, I assume my baby's crying and not sleeping was teething but he's back to his happy self today.
    Fingers crossed this passed quickly, but know you're not alone and as frustrating as it is it will pass.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a couple days like this just recently. I thought it was her teeth considering she doesn't even have one yet but nothing appeared. It's so frustrating when the things you know your baby likes just aren't working.. I also know the feeling when you just want to jump ship (not literally, but for a few hours at least) but can't. I'm sorry you're having a bad, I wish I could be of more help but I think everyone else had good responses..

Just take a couple deep breaths and at least 10 minutes for yourself, take a small drink with you, sit down, call someone or some positive music!

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • @llybeck‌
    DS got tubes on Friday. It took 15 minutes, 15 minutes in recovery. He never cried and has been in a great mood ever since. He is even rolling and trying to crawl more. 
    I hope your DD does well with hers and that today is a better day! :: hugs ::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"