Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Intro

Hello Ladies! Nice to meet you :) 

I'm not new to TB... I'm an old, familiar face to the IF & 3T boards, but am 'undercover' with a new screen name (a few blog stalkers will be able to figure it out pretty quickly!). This is my first time on this board as we are at the very beginning of our 3PR journey. Here's the quick version of our story:

Ditched BCP in September 2011, officially TTC in March 2012, first appointment with the RE in April 2013. Diagnosed with unexplained IF and an arcuate ute. Three failed clomid IUIs later, we did a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy to search for more clues. Doc did a partial septoplasty and diagnosed me with minimal endo. We attempted an IUI with injects which got canceled due to overstimulation. BFN. Moved onto IVF, 10 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized (half & half with ICSI), transferred two low quality 7-cell embryos on day 3. Remaining four arrested before making it to blastocysts. BFFN. IVF #2 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 5 fertilized (no ICSI). Transfer was canceled because all embryos arrested by Day 3. Complete devastation. IVF #3 with a new RE, 9 retrieved, 5 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI. Three embryos arrested before Day 5, two were still growing slowly. One of which arrested, but the other MADE IT TO BLAST!!! Complete joy and total miracle! CCS testing showed the embryo was normal. Sadly FET = BFFFFFFFN. We are totally heartbroken :((

So now here we are faced with a big decision to make and we are weighing all of our options. Doc said we could try IVF again and again and again with my eggs. He estimates our chances of success to be about 15% with each try... unfortunately, we're not celebrities or millionaires, and there is a very real limit to how much we can afford to do. We are considering donor eggs as one of our options with our final IVF covered by insurance (we are extremely blessed to have incredible IF insurance... I never imagined that we'd actually make it to our lifetime max, yet here we are).

The fun stuff about me: I love to run, I have two adorable doggies, I love my job as a music teacher. I am sick to death of IF and desperately want this part of the journey to just be over, but I'm a fighter. IF is not going to break me (any more than it already has).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you girls & wonder if you have any advice for a 3PR newbie. Sorry so long!!
TTC since March 2012
Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Re: Intro

• Options
    Sorry you've had such a horrible time TTC. Welcome, though, and good luck!

Single Mummy-To-Be | TTC January 2014 | Natural IUI with DS March 2014: Resulted in BFN | Natural IUI with DS April 2014: Positive! | EDD 10th January 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry about your struggles. Welcome!!
    The great thing about this board is that you will find all flavors of TPR here people using donor eggs, donor embryos, donor sperm, and gestational carriers.

I love that you are a music teacher! That was my original major in college, now I just play a musician at church sometimes!

Good luck trying to make some tough decisions ahead!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Welcome to the board and sorry about what you've been through with your cycles.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Welcome - I'm sorry you've had a hard time TTC.  The insurance part is great!  That's awesome that they'll cover IVF for you!  
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• Options
    Hi, and welcome to the board. Regarding DE v. OE, a few questions come to mind.  Are you happy with where you've cycled to date?  Have you considered traveling to one of the top clinics to try again with OE?  Have you had at least the basic immune panel type testing done to make sure you don't have MTHFR or one of the other (often easily treatable) causes of implantation failure, which might help explain the BFN with a normal embryo?  (It could also have been bad luck -- something like > 1 out of 5 transfers with normal embryos fail even at the tippity top clinics -- there's still some magic in the secret sauce -- but you want to eliminate obvious issues.)

If you decide to use DE, there will be lots of support for you here.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have.  For DE it's particularly worth traveling to a really good clinic because from the recipient's perspective DE is like an FET -- relatively simple, so you can do remote monitoring for most of it.  DE IVF has high success rates but is also more expensive than OE IVF, so you really want to come out of the gates with guns blazing and not do your cycle somewhere with mediocre success rates.  I and I'm sure other ladies on here would be happy to recommend some well respected clinics for you.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Hi, and welcome to the board. Regarding DE v. OE, a few questions come to mind.  Are you happy with where you've cycled to date?  Have you considered traveling to one of the top clinics to try again with OE?  Have you had at least the basic immune panel type testing done to make sure you don't have MTHFR or one of the other (often easily treatable) causes of implantation failure, which might help explain the BFN with a normal embryo?  (It could also have been bad luck -- something like > 1 out of 5 transfers with normal embryos fail even at the tippity top clinics -- there's still some magic in the secret sauce -- but you want to eliminate obvious issues.)

If you decide to use DE, there will be lots of support for you here.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have.  For DE it's particularly worth traveling to a really good clinic because from the recipient's perspective DE is like an FET -- relatively simple, so you can do remote monitoring for most of it.  DE IVF has high success rates but is also more expensive than OE IVF, so you really want to come out of the gates with guns blazing and not do your cycle somewhere with mediocre success rates.  I and I'm sure other ladies on here would be happy to recommend some well respected clinics for you.

Good luck!!
    Thank you, ladies, for the warm welcome :) 

@sarahjeri, yes, I was blown away from the start when I learned about what my insurance covered. My first thought was, holy crap, the disparity of coverage throughout the country is so wide and unfair. And then I thought, we'll never reach our lifetime max, hopefully we'll get KU from the first IVF, if not the first transfer from our frosties... HAHAHAHAHA. We have only had the luxury of one blastocyst/frosty for all three IVF cycles that we burned through. Sad.

@brooklynesque, thank you for the great advice and things to think about. We cycled with two clinics to date... two IVF cycles with the former, and then we moved on to the top ranked clinic in the state (and if I'm not mistaken, it's up there nationally too). We just did an IVF cycle with that top clinic, and unfortunately the results were similar... slightly better than the former clinic, but still not great.

As far as the immune panel, no, I do not believe I have had that... I consulted with several clinics between IVF #2 & #3... one of which was all about the immune testing. We decided not to go with that clinic (although we were very impressed) because our problem seemed to be with the seed rather than the soil (to use their analogy). Perhaps we should consider getting that testing done just to be safe though... I'd hate to do a DE cycle just to find out that we also have a uterine problem.

I am such a newbie when it comes to DE stuff... I haven't the foggiest clue if my current clinic is reputable for DE, though I know they top the charts with all their other statistics. Where do I start to research this? 

THANK YOU for bringing all of this up!
    TTC since March 2012
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
    Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
    Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • Options

Welcome to the TPR board! :)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Hi!!! Welcome and good luck I hope this board gives you a great support. I know it helped me a lot when I did my DE cycle!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    You have such a positive outlook - keep on fighting! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married September 3, 2011 | TTC since May 2013
    Me: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013, underwent fertility sparing surgery which left low ovarian reserve, no tubes, partial ovary | DH: perfectly normal 
    BFP: 5/30/2014 via donor eggs | EDD: 2/6/2015
  • Options
    MrsT4MrsT4 member
    While I'm sorry you find yourself here, I wanted to welcome you!

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"