April 2013 Moms
Options

Too early for nesting?

JSS1002JSS1002 member
edited April 2014 in April 2013 Moms
Since LO decided to grace us with his cries at 5 AM this morning (this after me staying up until almost midnight catching up on work from last week), and I was done with my grocery list, I decided to ditch DH and make him deal with baby while I got the shopping done - drove through SBUX for a latte, hit the store at 6 AM (empty!!!  Just how i like it!), and now have napped (James is napping), prepped food for the week, started a load of laundry, and am enjoying a thunderstorm and a quiet house... 

I love love love days like this. I really do.  

Anyway, my mind is racing with closets to clean and to-do lists and all sorts of things - feels like I'm nesting already. :-)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Too early for nesting?

• Options
    Grace0609 said:
    That is a great day! I have been WAITING for dh to get down the tubs of baby clothes for me from the closet that I can't reach! I am so itching to go through the clothes and sort out what is not going to work for this guy due to seasons. We just bought ds1 and ds2 real beds from PBK! No more mattress on the floor sleeping!! And we bought them real bedding! And I put ds2s old crib back together and put it in ds1s room in an effort to get him ready to have ds3 start sharing his room so we can free up the nursery again! It does seem early, but time is flying so fast I am afraid all of the sudden Sept is going to get here and I am not going to be ready!
    This is how I feel too -- plus, like last time, I want to get it all done NOW so I have a little time to relax before baby is here.  Unfortunately my workload is INTENSE until I go out on leave, and I'm coming home most days exhausted already... it is supposed to rain all week and honestly I'm sort of relieved because it means instead of trips to the park and walks around the neighborhood and grilling out, we can just focus on INSIDE the house and getting stuff done.

I also need to go through the million billion tubs of clothes from James and figure out what I will keep for girl and what will get gifted to my friend who is expecting a boy three weeks before I am due too. :-)

I'm sitting down now after all that racing around this morning and I should go clean out the car since that's an easy thing to get done, but I know J will wake up soon and I need a little time off my feet... maybe that will be afternoon nap.  If I can get that done, and his drawers sorted, I will have accomplished my whole to-do list this weekend!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I wish this was contagious. I would drive to Burnsville and spend the day with you in hopes that I would get off my lazy ass and accomplish something this weekend! Instead, it's rainy, DH and DS are napping and I'm curled up on the recliner with a blanket and just finished watching The Little Mermaid.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im not nesting, but DH took Fin to the pool this afternoon and I have 2 blissful hours to myself: I washed floors, cleaned toilets, changes sheets, and am about to fold a bajillion loads of laundry.  An outsider might find this sad, but I feel absolutely amazing having accomplished so much.  Its awesome how much you can get done when a tiny terror isnt sabotaging your every move!
    I am with you.  I dont' find it sad.  I love love love when I've been productive instead of just sitting on my butt. I mean, I love butt-sitting too, and it has its time and place, but there is something so amazing about getting all that stuff done and having a clean, tidy space!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Can you come clean my house next lol?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"