September 2013 Moms
Options

What is your bittersweet moment?

LO used to sit in the RNP in the bathroom while I took my shower.  Lately he has been going to bed earlier so I am taking my showers without the need to sing the ABC's a million times. Which is exactly what I was wishing for just a couple of months ago.  Well now when I take a shower and he is already in bed, I get a little sad.  I miss his little giggle when I shut the water off.  He also thinks it is super funny when I squeegie the glass before I step out.  I spend nearly every moment with this child but I still miss him when I am away from him even for just a few minutes.  

Does anyone else have a similar something that you miss?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is your bittersweet moment?

• Options
    Before we sleeped trained our LO she use to co sleep with me and take naps only on me. It was driving me crazy! Now that she sleeps through the night and naps in her crib in her room I miss sleeping with her, even though she is doing exactly what I wanted her to do, ah bittersweet :(
  • Options
    Liliana is pulling up on everything in sight and just wants to crawl. She hardly ever wants to be held anymore! It's definetly bittersweet
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I miss the Carter's baby sleep and play one piece outfits. My lil guy is now in 12 month size so he can't fit in the cute ones anymore :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    S used to sleep almost exclusively on my chest. It was bothersome then, but now she will rarely settle that way s (but she did tonight, which is the first time in a month!). She still wants cuddles to sleep though. I try her on her own frequently and sometimes she can do it. I'm sure I'll be sad when she needs even less help even though it sounds good now.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • Options
    DH and I are on a kid free trip to Vegas and all I can think about is how much I miss my boys, when just yesterday I was wanting to getaway!
  • Options
    lilqt3929lilqt3929 member
    edited April 2014
    @PumpkinMommaaa That makes me tear up just reading it!
  • Options

I miss the Carter's baby sleep and play one piece outfits. My lil guy is now in 12 month size so he can't fit in the cute ones anymore :(

I was so sad about this too and then I discovered that Kohls has a great assortment of them in 12 & 18 months! They are actually 60% off right now ($8/each) and you can use their 20% off coupon too!

• Options
    My little girl isn't so much content to snuggle with me all day anymore. She likes to explore everything and roll all over the place and practice scooting across our bed. Granted she still sleeps best on my chest at night but during the day she's wild woman now :-).
  • Options

I was so sad about this too and then I discovered that Kohls has a great assortment of them in 12 & 18 months! They are actually 60% off right now ($8/each) and you can use their 20% off coupon too!

Thanks for the heads up I will have to stock up!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BlondAmbition1230‌ check out Children's Place too. I think they have them in bigger sizes.
  • Options
    lilqt3929 said:

@PumpkinMommaaa That makes me tear up just reading it!

Me too!
  • Options
    We just started supplementing with formula after 7.5 months of EBFing (Ped's recommendation) It's tough. I really wanted to reach a year with EBFing but at the same time, seeing my LO eating is giving me hope that she will hopefully gain weight better and therefore will make me a lot happier than reaching my goal of 1 year. I get sad when she sees her bottle and gets excited though. She has always been very attached to my boobs (still is). I'm worried that will slowly come to an end though.

However, her health and well being obviously come first and when I see her guzzle down 3-4oz after a BFing session, I can't help but think I've been starving her this whole time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @smilingeyes2308‌ :: hugs to you::: I hope your LO starts gaining soon. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"