December 2012 Moms

First swim class

Silly me for working out before our first swim class today. I forgot that getting your kid out of clothes, into his swimsuit, out of swimsuit, and back into clothes IS the workout. Duh.

Also, he fussed/cried/screamed bloody murder the whole time. THE. WHOLE. TIME.
But we stayed for the whole thing, and now he's taking a (hopefully) long nap.

It'll get better, right? Don't want to think about the $ we spent on something he hates. But I keep telling myself it's good for him. :)

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First swim class

• It gets better for most people. Ours got worse because the pool was so cold and it was January and he just got pissed about being turned into a little Killian-popsicle for 30 minutes 2x/week. He loves to swim at home though and is currently on a bath-tub strike in favor of practicing swimming with Daddy in our hot-tub instead

image image image
  • My DD cried the first lesson too, but now she loves it. Our teacher does a lot of songs and things to distract the kids so they have fun with it too though. I hope it gets better for you! And I agree, changing them in and out of the bathing suit is a workout. The whole process is exhausting!
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It'll definitely get better.  Are you in a heated pool?  I think that helps a lot.  DD has been in lessons since January and was cautious at first (although not so much a crier)... but she's a little fish already!  
  • We're in an indoor heated pool at our gym. It is a little cold, but I'm pretty finicky about cold (hmmmm…wonder where he gets it?) and it doesn't bother me. I thought he'd be ok, since he's with me the whole time. Plus, he's been in pools a lot and loved them... just not lately.

I honestly think it has more to do with dropping to one nap and the lesson is during his old nap time. Oh, and cutting molars. Ugh.

We're going to open swim this weekend just to get him back in the pool - hoping it helps ease the transition. 
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"