Late Term and Child Loss

Faith Friday

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).

Thinking about meeting your baby in heaven... how old do you think he/she will be? 

What do you picture your baby wearing?

Any new struggles/revelations this week?

Re: Faith Friday

• schulme2schulme2 member
    edited April 2014

Thinking about meeting your baby in heaven... how old do you think he/she will be?  I don't really picture her being the age/size she was when she was born/passed away.  I think I picture her still being a baby, but being more like a year old. 

What do you picture your baby wearing? I picture her wearing a super cute white eyelet dress with a pale yellow cardigan over it with a peter pan collar and pearl buttons. :)

Any new struggles/revelations this week?  I am missing y sweet girl so much and trying hard to do something wonderful to remember her.  The babies' birthday is coming up a week from today and then next week Sunday marks two years since Mary passed.  Uggghhh.  What happened to this last year? 

Now that I think of it, I think I will be pretty busy next week... does anyone want to host the Faith Friday for next week? ;;)

• Thinking about meeting your baby in heaven... how old do you think he/she will be? 

So, this is almost definitely influenced by me reading "Heaven is for Real", but I picture her as probably between the ages of 4 and 8.

What do you picture your baby wearing?

Just regular kid clothes, I guess. I guess that could encompass anything. Probably jeans and a simple t-shirt. Maybe this is me putting my own preferences onto her, but that's how I see her!

Any new struggles/revelations this week?

Struggling with what it means for God to answer prayers. Trusting that He knows and can bring good and take care of us even if it's not what we envision(ed). It's been particularly tough today as we went back to the hospital where I delivered Serenity to visit a friend who has incurable cancer and is dying and who does not know Jesus. Brought up all sorts of junk again about God and fairness and love and grace and mercy. *sigh*

@schulme2 What is involved in hosting Faith Friday? I may be up to the task...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thinking about meeting your baby in heaven... how old do you think he/she will be? When I think about Colton in Heaven, I still usually picture him as a baby and being held by my grandma who passed away a couple years ago. I find that comforting, that she is taking care of him, in a way. But when I think of meeting him in Heaven I do picture him older - 4 or 5?

What do you picture your baby wearing? Probably just jeans and t- shirt. Haven't thought about it much.

Any new struggles/revelations this week? I've been feeling farther from God lately, probably cause we haven't been to church in a few weeks and we have really been busy with house hunting. I keep having to remind myself to keep my focus on Him and His plans for our life, cause I have lots of plans and things I want, and I know Im just going to be disappointed if i don't get what I want cause my focus is in the wrong place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • stefuge said:

I keep having to remind myself to keep my focus on Him and His plans for our life, cause I have lots of plans and things I want, and I know Im just going to be disappointed if i don't get what I want cause my focus is in the wrong place.

^^^^^^^^^^ This is so where I am right now too! It's such a daily struggle!

@LyndseyTS‌ not much! It's really just finding a good bible verse or quote and a couple probing questions followed by any other things they want to talk about for the week. So, just posting what you wish as the "Faith Friday" discussion for next week. Let me know! :)
  • Thinking about meeting your baby in heaven... how old do you think he/she will be? I think that Brooke in Heaven is the same age she would be here on earth. I hope that we will either get our chance to raise her in Heaven when we get there or see her grow up in a flash in our eyes. Either way, I want to see her grow as she would have here.  I also think that people in Heaven remain young, so they stop aging at a certain point.  :)

What do you picture your baby wearing?  Not too sure. I don't think I have ever pictured this before. I believe she will be wearing a white dress with a yellow flower or duckie on it. Yellow is her color.

Any new struggles/revelations this week? Still trying to make peace with God. I have been so angry at/with him.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @BrittianyM‌ I have been at a constant struggle with my anger with God too! I haven't gotten it yet, but I just ordered a book called "It's ok to tell at God" written by a man who lost his little boy. Reading the reviews, it sounds like exactly what I need.
  • schulme2, I will have to check that book out. I have been reading alot more than I ever have. It kind of helps.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @schulme2 That does sound like a good book. Let us know how it was once you read it. :) As for Faith Friday, I'll give it a shot this week. Sometimes I still feel pretty angry (and shout at God and want to throw things). There are other times I feel peace. I've been working through an online BIble Study (It's called Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study, but we're working on a book called "Living So That") that I find has helped me with my perspective (and also daily Bible reading which I sort of fail at generally speaking). This week's chapter is "Trials Come So That...". I have high hopes, but it's sort of scary territory.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"