November 2012 Moms
Options

Can your child jump?

MaebbMaebb member
edited April 2014 in November 2012 Moms
Just curious. DS has been walking since NYE and gets around pretty well, but he can't jump. He'll crouch down and then grunt, and I think he thinks he's jumping, but he just goes back to a normal standing position without his feet leaving the ground. It's cute. I'm not too worried about him but just curious.

DS has jumped on a trampoline, but I'm just talking about jumping on flat ground.

Can your LO jump?

Can your child jump? 26 votes

Yes, they do it often
7% 2 votes
Yes, they've done it before but not often
7% 2 votes
No, they've never jumped
65% 17 votes
SS
19% 5 votes

Re: Can your child jump?

• Options
    I voted no but he tries to jump. His jump was squat and come up. then it turned into squat and come up and pick up one leg. now it's squat and come up and fall on his butt :). Pretty sure being in daycare is responsible for the falling on the butt since I've seen the older one year olds doing it :)

Pregnancy Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    We haven't encouraged jumping.
    (Not something we do in the house)

And until very recently, DS hasn't been walking outside on his own because of the amount of snow we had.
    Now that its melted, we get out and let him walk around and will start going to the parks and doing things like running and jumping.

I think kids are closer to 2 when they really 'get it'.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    B's "jump" is also just a crouch/head-banging move... and I love it, cracks me up every time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I voted no but he does do the crouch and push up.... Just doesn't get off the ground. It's actually pretty cute/funny.

Same thing with hopping, which was pretty big here with all the bunnies we has out decorating for Easter.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My nephew didn't really JUMP until 2-3yrs old..

Andrew "jumps" ( it's really a fall since he doesn't go UP he just leaps ) into our arms when we allow him too while playing.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    K jumps, barely. SD has been jump roping outside lately. K decided that was pretty neat.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    so I'm a special snowflake - LO does this thing where she tries to jump, but basically she does a knee bounce and then briefly stands on her tippy toes...then emphasizes coming back down to the heel, by flexing her knees. It's super cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"