LGBT Parenting
Options

GTKY 4/25 Edi.

Hi all! We skipped last week so jump in and make this week juicy!

1. Do you and/or your SO speak with an accent? Have you ever? Describe.
2. What were/are the first names of your 4 grandparents?
3. What is something you love about your body? Could be its ability (ran a marathon!) or feature (cute feet).
4. Tell us about your first date with your SO. Internet appropriate details, please! :)
5. What's the weekend hold?
BONUS: PIP us something, anything!
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY 4/25 Edi.

• Options

Unless a occasional Boston accent counts I don't speak with an accent.  R has weird phrases that she picked up in PA but she doesn't speak with an accent either. 

On my mothers side Donna Lee and Kenneth

On my fathers side Janet and Robert

3. What is something you love about your body? Could be its ability (ran a marathon!) or feature (cute feet).
    4. Tell us about your first date with your SO. Internet appropriate details, please!

R and I met online.  At the time she was living in upstate New York and I was living just outside of Boston.  We spoke thru text/ phone calls for the first month and then one day or I should say night I convinced her to drive down thinking she would never actually do it.  Well she made the 3 hour drive and we met in person for the first time.  It was a fun night of laying in bed talking and the next morning she made the 3 hour drive back because she had to work.  There were many more 3 hour drives before I finally convinced her to move to MA.

I am working all weekend. R has Sunday off and the only spring lawn bag pick up is coming the week of May 5th so she probably has lawn work to do on Sunday.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not really. I grew up in New Jersey, but my Mom's primary language is German.  Anyway that has led to me pronouncing some words strangely.  For instance "drawer and orange and horrible".  For drawer I say "draw". 

Julia and Joseph (on my dads side)
    Gerhard and Elizabeth (on my moms side)

First thing that comes to mind is my hands.  They're big and well balanced.

4. Tell us about your first date with your SO. Internet appropriate details, please!

Hmmm.  Complicated question.  We met in college so we didn't have an official first date for a long time. We ahem started our relationship on the down-low as we were both in other relationships at the time.... *blush*.....  We would meet up in various private places to talk and kiss and stare into each others eyes.  When we official came out as a couple and broke up with our crazy SO(s) we went to hang out at a near by playground at night and just talk.  We were 19 and 20 years old at the time.  We're talking typical young love drama ;-)

5. What's the weekend hold? Nothing officially planned actually.  Hopefully a nap or two, maybe a special playdate with Kaden and the two of us.  Definitely attempts to make progress on our homework.  Basically we're leaving the schedule open just in case Owen wants to make his arrival.  FX...
  • Options
    Yay for GTKY! Thanks 2mamaz

1. When I'm in Toronto people think I sound like "an American". When I'm in Chicago, people think I sound like "a Canadian". I am what's called a "empathetic listener" or something like that which means I tend to pick up the accents of people I'm talking to without trying. It can be embarrassing. I tend to have a little bit of southern from my days visiting my grandparents in Oklahoma, a little bit of MA from my days in college, a chunk of Midwest/Chicago from growing up, and a growing core of central Ontario/Toronto.
    For M, I sometimes hear soemthing particularly "Canadian" in her voice. But for the most part it doesn't sound accent-y to my ear.

2. Les(lie) and Frances. Ted (Theodore) and Caroline (she went by Dash and she was technically my step grandmother because my mom's mom Marcia passed away befor I was born and my grandpa remarried.

3. I love my height the majority of the time.

4. We met on okcupid, a free online dating website. So our first date was an initial "do we like each other in person" type of get together. We went for Ethiopian food. We split a veggie platter for two and each had a diet coke. We talked about a number of random things including Pap smears. :). We probably were there for about an hour and a half and then I drove @Manada home because it was snowing. Our second date was when we really hit it off and had a long date.

5. I'm trying to convince M to go to the baby show tomorrow. She (probably correctly) things it will be overwhelming and time consuming. We will see. We might also go see some friends of M's this weekend who have twin 7 year olds. When they found out we are having twins they got really excited and wanted to see us.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    LaireAndLiaLaireAndLia member
    edited April 2014
    1. Both of us have very obvious, but not particularly strong Edinburgh/Scottish accents. Laire's is actually a hell of a lot stronger than mine, but still not all that strong. Laire's is kind of cute actually; she rolls her Rs.
    2. My mum went into social care when she was five, was never adopted or long-term fostered by anyone and never so her biological parents again, and my dad doesn't know who his biological father is, so I only have one biological grandparent, Mary and her husband Jim, and though I do think of him as my grandad, they didn't marry until after I was born, so my dad doesn't see him as his dad.
    3. I have this watercolour tattoo of a charm of hummingbirds flying from my right hip to my left shoulder, and I love it.
    4. By the time of our first official date, we had already had drunken sex years previously and were only just really comfortable with each other. I asked her out, and the idea was that we go for a picnic in the middle of the Prince's Street Gardens, but by the time I met up with her on Prince's Street it was raining so heavily I could barely see a hundred feet in front of me, so we ended up running into the Mall beside the gardens, drying off in the toilets, throwing our wet food in the bin and binging on a McDonalds. And then we went back to my flat. ;)
    Sound like some stupid rom-com rubbish now that I think about it 
    5. We are both working on Saturday, and then on Sunday I'm hoping for a bit of a lazy day, but Laire wants to go to Tantallon Castle so god knows what we will actually get up to.

ETA; I have to add the fact that you Americans don't think you have an accent is hilarious. You should all hear how you sound to a non-American.
  • Options
    I'll play today:

I have picked up a few British/Irish/French expressions and sayings over the years from the time I spent living in Europe.  My accent is a fairly soft Canadian I think, I believe I speak with a fairly standard North-eastern North American accent.   Like H. though I have a fairly sympathetic ear and have a tendency to pick up Aussie and Kiwi accents (to the point of embarrassment!), as well as rural Aboriginal accents if I'm working with a lot of people who speak with them. 

H. definitely lapses into an American accent more when on the phone with her family (who all have a much stronger one), or when she's getting particularly Southern-Dramatic.  Her Oklahoma comes out more when she talks about it ;)

Phyllis, (Lawrence) Douglas, David, and Jennie (legal name: Jane)

I get a kick out of my very short fingers (they're absurdly short), and quite dig the curve from my ribs to my hips. 

H. pretty much explained it.   I was pretty sure she wasn't into me because our first date was so short!  (She literally dropped me off at home within 90 minutes of us meeting!)

H. said so.  There's also a Moms second-hand sale.   We'll see how it goes.  Depends on how well I sleep this evening I think.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    1. I have an American accent. K will often drop her R's and throw in a "wicked" as a native Bostonian. Other than that we sometimes speak in over exaggerated English accents or German accents when we are feeling silly. And we often feel silly.

2. My grandmas are Liz and Betty (yes, both Elizabeth), grandpas are Ernest and Alexander.

3. My eyes I guess. It's K's fav feature of mine so I will go with that.

4. Our first date is ridiculous. I was 29, so not even young enough to justify this ridiculousness. We met at work and liked each other right away. I was so nervous and excited to hang out with her that I way over indulged in drinks at dinner and at her house later... And I was not a big drinker so I had no tolerance. I ended up blacked out and K took me to the emergency room when I told her I couldn't breathe. I spent a couple hours in a hospital bed and k held my hand the whole time. Yeah...

5. K has a lot of grad school homework and we have to take the Prius in for all day servicing on Saturday. Pretty boring. Nothing as exciting as our first date...

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    some may say we have lawn-guy-land accents, but we dont hear it. 

Patricia Julius George & Marion

boobs. sometimes. lol

we met in a hot tub at my house (friend brought her over). we didnt have a "Real" date for a long long time because at first we were friends (but not really) and we hung out with groups a lot. we always say we didnt have a first date. 

errands, the yardwork i've put off for weeks, a christening for my friends' twin girls -- they are the friends that introduced us in the hot tub. they went through this all (ici/ivf) for 2 years up until last year so we pry without giving away that we are trying.... :) it's especially exciting because it's at a catholic church near our house which will be interesting to see how that goes & nice to copy if we like how it goes :)
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Nice answers today! Thanks all for playing :)

1. I grew up in NW Pennsylvania and had a definite Pittsburgese influence when I was younger. Now I think not, but I still say a few phrases (for example, the verb "to be" get dropped a lot..."the floor needs swept"..."my hair needs cut"... and when we tidy the house, we "red up the house"). J is from the deep south but (her words) chose not to have an accent - her mom and sister do for sure! She does, however, occasionally say words she doesn't even know she's saying 'wrong' - like "CEE-ment" vs. "cement." I think it's cute, but she won't even fake a southern accent for me for fun :(.

2. Margareta & Kenneth, Stella & Sam

3. Honestly I like having an overall strong constitution - I have a high pain tolerance, good stamina/energy, etc. I think finishing Bikram Yoga Teacher Training was my biggest physical accomplishment (9 weeks, 11 bikram classes a week in 110+ degrees in a basement in Mexico) - that was HUGE. But turned out that it wasn't the hardest thing I'd ever done in my life, which surprised me.

4. J & I met on match.com. We encountered each other at an event (I was volunteering, I took her ticket as she came through my line and we recognized each other from match pix). We talked at intermission, and then said we'd get together after she got back from vacation visiting her family in Arkansas. She planned it out - we went to a photo exhibit at a museum, then to a pub where she ordered a drink at 2 p.m on a Saturday and I thought that was gutsy! (I was raised by two parents who each had alcoholic fathers, so my relationship w/alcohol is skewed) - I ordered nachos, which she thought was gutsy! Haha! We were NOT love at first sight, but we joke that it was "not a no" which was a win for both of us at the time. Second date was a lunch and movie; third date was coming to a close when my (not at all) smooth now-wife said "Um, I was kinda hoping we could make out? I need to get up early so...." LOL! We still laugh about that.

5. This weekend in the biggest national coffee convention in the USA - this year and next it's right here in Seattle which is awesome! J is there for the mega (coffee) NERD ALERT fest that this gig is. She's taking 4 different classes, a lot on roasting (a potential eventual goal for her) and tasting/cupping (she eventually wants her Q-grading, which is like a sommelier of coffee). The other fun part is all the parties/gatherings. Last night was an open house at the importer (there are like 2 importers for ALL coffee that comes into the USA! and one is up the street); and then an intimate BBQ with her roaster (cafe owner + roaster = marriage, and J married well - we LOVE the guys at our roastery!). Tonight is another roaster party, and then her tea provider is having a shindig. So that will be fun! Plus, I did get to go on an origin trip to Honduras with her in 2012, and so I met a ton of the farmers, other buyers, and of course the peeps at her importer and roasters (nothing bonds you more than time in a 3rd world country together) - so nice to see the coffee people! Otherwise, baby baby baby stuff. Finished the registry save for the crib, which is torture to pick out (my dad wants to buy it, but the one I want is likely out of his planned budget, so...awkward); and prepping/cleaning out the clutter so we can get going on the nursery! YAY!

PIP: J in Honduras doing a barista training...these coffee events always bring back that trip for me! It was amazing (followed up by time in Roatan @jazibel!)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

My wife has a really adorable accent, she's from a very small town here in Utah. It's definitely a "country" accent. It comes out a lot more after she has been around her family. They have much stronger accents. She hates the way they talk and when she went to college she tried really hard to get rid of it. I love it though. We both have Utah accents, whatever that means. Utahns are pretty lazy about how we talk, a lot of poor t's get left out and g's. I don't realize it, but when I have lived over places people make fun of me. When we lived in Minnesota all the kids would make us say things on the bus ride to and from school and laugh hysterically. I always thought their accents were much more obvious and strange though. 

I Have a ton of grandparents, but I'l stick with the 4 parents of my parents. 
    Melva and Jack (dad's side)
    Wilhelmina and Robert (mom's side)

I have super tough legs and a nice muscley gluteus, (according to my wife), which make hiking my favorite activity :)

I suppose our first date was probably a bbq at my dad's house (which might seem kind of strange) but she lived about 2 hours away and my dad's house was the middle. I invited her and the mutual friend (and her gf) that introduced us up there for a big bbq. We had met a couple of times and hung out before, but this was the first time we did saw each other after acknowledging we were interested in each other and specifically to see and spend time with each other. We made ridiculous pink drinks that tasted like cotton candy brewed beer, went on a hike and watched the sunset in the mountains, and looked at the stars and talked for hours. 
    Our next date we went camping with my step-sister and her cousin. That's when we kissed for the first time :)

It's our niece's 1st birthday party tonight. We got her a tool set and some magnets. Last time we babysat her all she wanted to do was play with my dad's tools. I'm sure everyone will think we're the weird lesbians that give baby girls tools but oh well. She will love it! I don't know what else is going on, we don't have solid plans. I'm going to work on the mural and we might lay some sod and plant seeds for the garden. 

Not our first date, but one of our first dates, we look so young...almost 6 years ago!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2momsinCA2momsinCA member
    edited April 2014
    There was a dialect test that was popular on FB a couple months ago. (As we have heard through friends, K and I are those weird members of the population who actually do not do FB.) Anyways this test is supposed to pinpoint the part of the country you are from based on how you speak, what phrases you use. Unfortunately I think it's engineered for Americans only. Worked perfectly for K but apparently I speak like I'm from the Phoenix, AZ area (though born and raised in LA).

Here's the test if you haven't done it:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html?_r=0

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    @KH826‌ - belly definitely looks more pronounced! Good job, baby girl, for flipping!

@2momsinCA‌ - fun quiz. Spot on for Jackson, MS for me!
  • Options
    @KH826 - OMG she flipped!!! YAY!! I am so, so glad. I've been sending her flipping energy fwiw :)

@AXTMommas - the accent question was kind of for you! I know you're from the South so one day  I thought "I wonder if she has an accent?" and that's where the question came from! :)

I love the grandparent names! @redrockmama - Wilhemina and Melva sound like something I'd name a pair of cats (a compliment from me). That was my favorite combo so far!

@themommymonster love the recording! You sound like I thought you would :)

@2momsinCA I took that quiz a while ago and got something like Phoenix too, but I grew up in PA, college in OH, and WA ever since. Weird!:)

Loving all the lively posts!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited April 2014
    @ATXmommas & @2mamazinseattle - yep, she flipped. I suspected she was working on it Monday into Tuesday this week. It was rough. I was REALLY short of breath, having a TON of BH contractions, and she was moving in ways that hurt a lot. At one point some part of her was lodged under mg ribs and totally squishing my lungs. Anyway, poor girl struggled, but she did it. I went to the OB on Wednesday and she confirmed with ultrasound - head down! The BH have stopped and I can breath much much easier now. So I know that's what it was. Based on how I was feeling though we were worried I was going into early labor. Just hoping no more monkey business now and that she stays head down! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    @2MamazInSeattle‌ - that's funny! Of course, I think it's mostly gone, but y'all (yep, still use that one often) might disagree if you heard me! :D
  • Options
    KH826 said:

@ATXmommas & @2mamazinseattle - yep, she flipped. I suspected she was working on it Monday into Tuesday this week. It was rough. I was REALLY short of breath, having a TON of BH contractions, and she was moving in ways that hurt a lot. At one pony some part of her was lodged under mg ribs and totally squishing my lungs. Anyway, poor girl struggled, but she did it. I went to the OB on Wednesday and she confirmed with ultrasound - head down! The BH have stopped and I can breath much much easier now. So I know that's what it was. Based on how I was feeling though we were worried I was going into early labor. Just hoping no more monkey business now and that she stays head down! :)

That is so interesting! I love how you just knew that she was working on it. Seriously, what a good girl for flipping this late and after all this time. Your little one has it all figured out!
  • Options
    JGYJGY member

Neither of us are from MN, but we have both picked up the accent here quite a bit.  I get made fun of a lot when I go back out East.  But when I'm on the phone with my family I fall back into a slight NY accent again, and S definitely has an Indy twang when we're visiting her family  there.

Rose, Milton, Harriet, Beecher

I'm making mental note to check this thread again if we ever decide to have another baby.  There are some AWESOME old names here!

Hmmmm, I've been known to be pretty tough for my size.  My lovely wife once referred to me as "Mean as a snake" on the rugby pitch.  I guess I don't know if that's something I should be proud of or not, but I am.  Also, though there are times that I would like to make a change here or there, I'm eternally grateful that my body seems dead set on 1 consistant weight no matter what, and it's a healthy one.  So since the age of about 17, I've been within 2 or 3 pounds of this 1 number with the only exception being when I was pregnant.

4. Tell us about your first date with your SO. Internet appropriate details, please! :)

Yeah, so ... likely many PP I can't really recall our actual first date because I was married at the time we started hanging out.  We did lots of cool things together but which thing would you actually call a date?  IDK.  I'll just recount maybe my FAVORITE of the first date opportunities: I got us kick-ass seats to the Brian McKnight concert, we were in this tiny little 2-seat row in the front of the balcony and we were just soooo into each other and that music is all sexy-like and it was as if he was performing just for us.  It was an awesome night.

S has another continuing ed weekend, so I'm by myself with G and the fuzzies again.  There's a second-hand sale for kids stuff and I'll run through that while a friend watches the kid.  Then we'll all go to the rubgy match since it will be nice out tomorrow.  Sunday is supposed to be rainy and cold so I'll probably stay home and see if I can manage to get something done around the house while G runs wild.

I got nada today. I suck.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    JGYJGY member

Seriously, what's the deal with the smiley faces?

@Amber&amp;Reva did you use the word $exy in your answer?  I'm wondering if the bump gods think they're cute or if it's just a coincidence?

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    @trisholio‌ - that could be my bathroom, potty, toilet paper escapades and all. ;-)

@kh826 - congrats on your little one turning!!!

@Pinkspark‌ - FX you get to take the babies home tomorrow :-)
  • Options
    1. We are both from WV and moved to NC so yes. Lol. Mine is more northern and Sarah says crick not creek and she is from a holler (between 2 mountains).

2. Chuck and Georgia
    Gene and Rose

3. I love my hair. :) always get compliments.

4. Well ours was scandalous. Our first "date" was after we were both madly in love. She had been with somebody else for 7 years and when they finally broke up I invited her to my house for a New Years Eve party to be away from her x. She wanted to be with me but it was still hard to let her x go. Well we dove in heart first. We shared our first kiss at midnight and then....

Brown chicken brown cow.... :)

One heck of a first date!

5. Unfortunatly because of snow make up days I will be spending my next 2 weekends teaching Sat. School! Yuck year round school!!!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited April 2014
    @pinkspark - I grew up in Ashland, MA - how about you?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    I think this is a hard question because everyone has an accent. :-) I have a "cleveland" accent with the soft "a"s and C has done everything possible to ensure no southern accent. I am also the kind of person who picks up very quickly on accents and I often will develop a southern drawl.

The interesting thing about my mom's parents is that they both changed their names. Her father's name was Romeo Savario Sylvestri (his parents were italian immigrants) and when we joined the service, he changed his name to Ray Sylvester. My grandmother on my mom's side was named Betty Pearl and she dropped her middle name. My dad's parents were Doris and John.

I love that my body allows me to do so many things. I can stay busy all day and I also love how long my eyelashes are.

Our first official date is a really long story (if you REALLY want to hear it, PM me and I would gladly share). We ended up eating take out chinese and watching Silence of the Lambs. It was perfect.

Tomorrow I am going to see my college friends for a baby shower (not for us, for another friend). Sunday will probably be all the boring getting ready for the week stuff.

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    @healz413‌ I am cracking up at "what you've learned" this week.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    This GTKY brought to you by 4:00 am insomnia!

Like @firstcomeslove2013‌ mentioned, I have done everything I can to not have an accent. My Mom talks with a pretty thick Eastern Kentucky drawl, and it is cute for her, but it would not have worked out for me. However when I am mad or drinking (which are both REALLY rare) it can come out pretty hard core.
    A has a slight northern Ohio accent... It has lightened up since I have known her.

Regular old white people names:
    Thomas
    Dolores
    Francis Eugene
    Geneva

I have always been pretty strong... Especially in my quads.

Like A said, it was unexpected. We recreate our Chinese Food/Scary movie date also... And truth be told, @healz413‌, a lot of the reason our first date was an out home date was because there was some dating overlap between my ex and A...

A's gone tomorrow... Homesteading group in the morning, first weekend of farmer's market, then headed out to camp to drop lunch off to my staff and plant strawberries. Then I will probably come home and watch The Hobbit (man, I sure do get crazy when A's out of town!)
    Then I have to work all day Sunday.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    @doodah1013 - Geneva is one of my top girl names that my wife would never let me use... :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    KH826 said:
    @pinkspark - I grew up in Ashland, MA - how about you?
    Nice, I grew up around Quincy!
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    Jazibel said:
    @Pinkspark‌ - FX you get to take the babies home tomorrow :-)
    We did get to take Little Man home but his sister will be a few more days, can't wait to have them both at home!
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options

1. Do you and/or your SO speak with an accent? Have you ever? Describe.I tend to take on the accent of the people around me when I am with them for longer than 2-3 days at a time. Southern, northern, etc.  My wife sometimes has a Canadian accent (not sure why as she has NEVER lived in Canada nor has her family ever lived there (in fact, all of her mom's family lives in Germany).
    2. What were/are the first names of your 4 grandparents? I think these are the names: Samuel and Ida, Lois and Daniel  and my great grandmother (will be my daughter's namesake if we have a girl) Elsie (we will name her Elise)
    3. What is something you love about your body? Could be its ability (ran a marathon!) or feature (cute feet). I think I have very pretty eyes.
    4. Tell us about your first date with your SO. Internet appropriate details, please! :)I have two dates. There was an unofficial date where she took me to a gun range and taught me to shoot. Then there was our first official date: she had me over to her apartment and made me tacos with strawberry shortcake (unbeknownst to her, my fav dessert). We then went for a walk around a beautiful lake and watched a movie together
    5. What's the weekend hold? I am not sure. We have our beg u/s on Friday where we hopefully find out what the twins are....yay! Hopefully we will have a relaxing weekend with NOTHING else to do
    BONUS: PIP us something, anything!  Please ignore the first picture...the second picture is my beautiful wife and I diving on our honeymoon cruise in the Turks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"