November 2014 Moms
Options

Girl vs. Boy

Hi everyone!
At the very beginning of this pregnancy I knew I didn't wanna get excited about the idea of either gender, because whatever the results I'd be happy but this will be our #2 and last.
I have a boy already, and now the majority of family tell me it's a girl this time and now I'm excited over the idea of a girl. I'll still be excited if it's a boy too, but I noticed when some people say "oh it's a boy" like it's the color of the sky I get defensive and say "you don't know that yet".
Anyone else on the same boat? :(
I'm feeling terrible about the idea that it might be a boy and I'm looking more forward to a girl now :(
Anniversary
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Girl vs. Boy

• Options
    Don't feel bad about it. I'm sure either way you'll love the baby. This is my first pregnancy and I have been saying that either boy or girl is fine, but really I want a boy. Since we plan to have two, I thought it would be nice to have a boy follow by a girl.
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup. I already have a girl and want another one. It makes no sense. I even know that as teenagers, girls are usually worse. Still want another girl. It's so dumb, I give myself shit daily for it. DH wants a boy super bad though. So if we have a boy I'll be excited for him. And once that baby is in your arms, neither of us are going to care :) we will just love that baby!
  • Options
    With DS, I was a bit shocked when they said boy. I only have a sister, so I felt completely unprepared to know what to do with a boy. Now I can't imagine life without him!

This time around, I can honestly say I have absolutely no preference. Girl would be great so we would have 1 of each, boy would be great so DS would have a brother.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Having two boys and two girls I don't care really... BUT, I would like a girl because I think my youngest daughter would connect better plus she keeps telling me she really wants a baby sister. But I also want a boy so my husband can experience a boy. Carry his last name, do the whole man thing.
    Girls are dramatic. Boys are laid back. Girls harder to potty train. Boys are mama boys.

Really I don't care. The heart rate is always 170 and above (now)

The string test said I would only have 3 so that lied.

I'm basing this on my own kids.

• Options

Don't feel badly, I think it's natural to have a preference. I would like a boy for my first and so would DH. We'd like a girl second so that she can have an older brother. I keep feeling it's a boy, but of course I have no idea. I will likely feel a little disappointed if it's a girl, but I'm pretty sure I'll get used to the idea very quickly.

• Options
    I'm a little worried about how I'm going to feel on this.  We have a daughter and we found out that our last baby (our loss) was a boy, so I got very comfortable with the "one of each" scenario.  I really just want a healthy, take home baby, but I'm a little concerned that there will be a twinge of disappointment if this baby is a girl and I'll feel uber-guilty

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    I want a boy. Not really sure why but I have always wanted all boys. We have 2 boy dogs so if this baby is a boy it will be a sausage fest in my house and I am totally ok with that :)
  • Options
    Multiple women have looked at my little bump and tells me it is a girl bc of how the bump sits and where it is. It is getting me so excited about a girl but DH wants a son so bad. I will be happy and blessed with either as long as babys healthy.
  • Options
    Also OP are you finding out the sex or waiting until baby is born?  I really valued the time I had to get comfortable with the idea of having a boy and to bond with him.
    imageimage

• Options
    I have two girls and when I tell people that I want another girl they look at me horrified. For logical reasons a third girl will be easier, that's all, and by now I feel like a pro at raising girls. (I do think it's a boy though!)
  • Options
    momtojad said:
    Yes except for I have a boy and really my preference (if there was such a thing) would be another boy.  No one gets this.  They all say "Don't you want a girl so you have on of each."  Didn't realize they were collector items.
    This exactly!
    imageimage

• Options
    I don't care either way, but family and friends keep telling me that they want a girl and I should too. Its annoying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Options
    DH wants two boys since our first was a girl and these two will be the last. I really want at least one to be a boy. We might be a little sad if they are both girls, but we will get over it.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    mussalynn said:

momtojad said:

Yes except for I have a boy and really my preference (if there was such a thing) would be another boy.  No one gets this.  They all say "Don't you want a girl so you have on of each."  Didn't realize they were collector items.

This exactly!

OMG!! I said the same exact thing to DH. I like the idea of a little girl, but it ticks me off when I hear the "so you can have one of each". They're not collectors items or trendy purchases!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mussalynn said:

Also OP are you finding out the sex or waiting until baby is born?  I really valued the time I had to get comfortable with the idea of having a boy and to bond with him.

We're finding out as soon as possible :)
    I think I'm feeling weird about it because with DS I convinced myself he was a girl and here he is a perfect little boy lol
    I guess I just don't wanna let myself down again. Though I'd be thrilled being the Queen of my castle between all my boys :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm ok with either obviously lol. However that being said since this is our last it would be nice to have a boy this time around. It would probably be cheaper to have a girl because we wouldn't need to buy clothes but...
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are team green every time. My first pregnancy I wanted it to be a girl so bad, but I convinced myself a boy would be great too b/c I didn't want to be disappointed. I had DD and was so shocked and excited. Second pregnancy, I was torn. I wanted a boy so I could experience both, but I also loved the idea of dd having a sister. We had DS and he is best friends with DD, I love it. Now with baby #3 I am wanting another girl. I still want dd to have a sister, but I also want DS to have a brother. I'm nervous about having 2 little boys wrecking havoc together lol. I'm sure either way it will be wonderful.
    I think you need to imagine both scenarios and find something to be excited about with both. That way you will only feel happy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I wanted a girl the first time, I just didn't think I'd know what to do with a boy. I was ecstatic when we found out we were having a girl -- DH on the other hand was visably disappointed in the ultrasound room. That lasted all of about 20 minutes before he started to get excited. He truly fell in love with her the minute she was born & she is so much a daddy's girl it's ridiculous! This time around I'd like a boy just so we can have one of each, but 2 girls is fine by me!
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options
    I don't have a preference, but my son really wants the baby to be a boy, and I'm a little afraid that he's going to be super disappointed if the baby is a girl (he seems to be feeling outnumbered). So now I'm kind of hoping for a boy just so he'll have the brother he wants.
  • Options
    I do sometimes feel guilty for wanting a boy, but I know that we are both so excited about this pregnancy that it really won't matter.  It is a little more complicated for us though... we have one DD now and if this baby is a girl, we will be done.  But if this baby is a boy, we will most likely try for another.

DH is terrified of having 3 girls, LOL.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have a weird feeling it's a girl.  But we'll see!  All my friends and my brother/SIL have boys, so if it's a boy he'll have lots of friends right away!

• Options
    People seem to be so rude when it comes to pregnancy.  I know I would really like to have a boy.  I'm like you, if I have a girl I will probably throw a little pity party and then be excited after that.  But I know that second I annouce what our baby is (if it's a girl) I will get endless crap from lots of people because they all know that I would like a boy. So we will see what happens...still have a good 8 weeks before we found out.   

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted a boy really bad the first time. I cried when they told me if was a girl (like not happy crying), but now that she's here I wouldn't trade her for anything and this time around I'm excited for either! I'd like her to have a sister. I think they would be sweet together, but I also still think it'd be fun to have a boy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like it's a boy. DH wants a girl but we ultimately want a healthy baby of course. A girl scares me a little because I have 2 boys and I know what I'm doing when it comes to boys. I just feel like I'm supposed to have all boys. I will be SHOCKED if they say this baby is a girl.
  • Options
    DH and I have had a boy name picked out for 4 years, and a nursery theme for 2.  I keep telling people if this is a girl we have a lot of thinking to do.  We did finally start discussing girl names last night, so that's helping me get a little more used to the idea of a girl...
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a slight preference for a girl, but only because I love watching DH with our nieces.  He is so close with my 17 year old niece, who was about 2 when we started dating.  My niece didn't have any kind of a father figure, so DH and her have this really awesome bond.  Also, he always seems to bond more quickly with our foster daughters than our foster sons.  Part of it is because of the boys' personalities, but I just think he was always meant to be daddy to a daughter.

We both think it's a girl, but because of that, I keep forcing myself to think of it as a boy, so I don't get all worked into it being a girl and end up disappointed.  We're team green all the way, so I can't imagine I'll care that much on the day he/she is born.  I'll just be happy it's over and I have healthy baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I understand your feelings.   I really just want a healthy baby,  boy or girl....but I do think that if I already had a boy or girl,  I might want the opposite for the 2nd one.   Its understandable.  

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    Haven't read responses yet.

We are done after this one (our second) as well. You are not alone! I really do want a daughter, and it would be the first granddaughter on my side of the family.  My grandma said something that pissed me off. She told my son that if it's a boy we'll just send it back. Wtf lady. I do know that if this baby is a boy I'll have some slight (it's normal folks, don't even flame) disappointment at first, but the thought of brothers is exciting too! I've just always pictured myself with both, and knowing I would never have a shot at a girl after this kinda stinks. 

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't believe some how some people respond to pregnancy...inappropriate comments/opinions/birth horror stories/gropin the belly...notice how its usually older women too? You'd think they would know to give a girl some space
    Anywho, if I had to guess this one I would say boy. I don't know why, and I would feel a bit more comfortable with another girl to be honest.
    DH and DD opened a fortune cookie and it said something about an emotion being a brother to something...they both freaked out and DD said "it's the future, mommy, it's a brother"
    Haha I'm looking forward to finding out
  • Options
    This thread has made me feel so so so much better.  

Obviously the preference is for a healthy baby, but I have felt so guilty and not wanted to admit I really would like a girl.  I have no doubt in my mind we would love a boy just as much and there are plenty of things to be excited for either way.  We're only planning on two, so I'd really love it if we had a girl this time.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    CPM13CPM13 member
    Similar to @KUinCBUS I was desperate for a boy the first time (and we were certain she was a boy until the moment she arrived) but I love her to pieces and can't imagine her being anything but who she is now. 

This time around I am still desperate for a boy (I'd love two boys since I would love the twins to be the same gender) but I adore DD enough to know that regardless of what these babies end up being they will be exactly what they are supposed to be. 
  • Options

DH and DD opened a fortune cookie and it said something about an emotion being a brother to something...they both freaked out and DD said "it's the future, mommy, it's a brother"
    Haha I'm looking forward to finding out

Never know, haha! A friend of mine opened a fortune cookie that said there would be an addition to the family very soon & she went in to labor that night!
  • Options
    mommymeg143mommymeg143 member
    edited April 2014
    Yep! This is our first so we are just excited about a "baby". I don't have a preference but find myself getting very defensive when my mom says she is dying for it to be a girl, blah, blah, blah, girl, girl, girl. I immediately react as if I'm very offended for my baby because what if it's a boy? Of course she'll still love him but calm down a bit woman. I think it also might have something to do with the fact that I've had an overwhelming feeling this entire time that this baby is a boy. Have any of you moms felt like you just knew what baby was and you turned out to be correct?

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    Just about everyone after we told them I was pregnant on Easter was like "Oooh, it's a girl." Uh, pardon? You've known I was pregnant for 2.5 seconds and you already have an inclination as to what it is? We are most likely not done, but even if we are, I would be fine with either. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"