Pregnant after IF

Intro and OHSS question

Hey ladies! I'm tentatively stalking your board to move over from 3T because I'm terrified that this isn't really our THB. 

Tested out trigger, which was gone about a week later. Got a HPT BFP @ 10dpiui and had qualitative blood test to confirm. They won't start doing beta counts until Monday (14dpiui), so I have no idea if everything's normal in there. 

About 6dpo, I developed somewhere between mild and moderate OHSS. I've been doing everything I've been told to. Bed rest, Gatorade, salty food and protein.... Problem is that I keep reading and was told by my RE that I should get worse as my HCG levels increase. I'm actually feeling a lot better over the last 2 days though. I'm moving around easier, the bloating has gone down, etc. I'm not 100% back to normal, but I'm just terrified that since I'm feeling better, the pregnancy must not be going right. 

Anyone have any experience with OHSS getting better despite a BFP? 
BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
1 year break thanks to deployment.
1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

Re: Intro and OHSS question

• Congratulations on your BFP! Fingers crossed for you and first Beta.

I'm not sure if I did or did not have OHSS - the  doctors never said that but I did have 29 eggs retrieved and post retrieval was extremely bloated and uncomfortable and looked about 4-5 mos pregnant. Then it got better slowly however once I got BFP it started getting worse again for a little while before it got better. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to manage it, but you can also check with your docs to see if there's anything else you can do. It is VERY rough, but it is temporary.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had OHSS really bad after my ER and was miserable and couldn't move for about 4 days and it was totally gone after about 10, and because of this we did not do a fresh cycle.  After our FET, which was clearly successful, I didn't have any of the OHSS symptoms, so I don't necessarily think that lack of OHSS symptoms means you're not pregnant.  I did get some bloat, but it was nothing like OHSS, it was a completely different type of bloated sensation, I'm not sure if this was from the pregnancy or the IVF drugs.  Good luck!!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine fluctuates. I'm still early on, so I'm still dealing with OHSS. Some days, it's bad. Some days, it's not so bad. Of course on the not so bad days, I worry that something is wrong. But, the next day, bam, swelled up again.

As the HCG level continues to increase, you could have more bloating. Or, you may not. But, I don't think it's a sign that things are good vs. bad.

Keep you head up!!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• congrats and welcome!!! i didn't notice my OHSS get significantly worse after BFP, it was just slow to get back to normal and didn't quite go away until i was about 6 weeks.
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"