Pregnant after 35

Man, do I feel OLD!

My daughter is 21 today... and here I am 29 weeks pregnant with another one. It's blowing my mind.
Master of 'the look' 

Re: Man, do I feel OLD!

• QOTRQOTR member
    Happy birthday to your daughter!    Funny how life works out, isn't it?  :)
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Sure is funny. I'm so grateful that she hasn't produced any children yet because that would make me feel REALLY old. I'm not ready to be a grandparent. She's not a fan of small children so I think I'm safe for a while.
    Master of 'the look' 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that is awesome! 

Two of my daughter's classmates have siblings 20+ years older than them.  I think it is neat.

And if 1978 is old... My 1975 is ancient.  :P
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• I'm a great aunt x2. Blows my mind
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • My dr office doesn't even ask your name when you call or check in. The just ask for your DOB. I find myself wanting to whisper it!! 1974 here.
  • QOTRQOTR member
    I'm a great aunt x2. Blows my mind
    I have 5!  My oldest great-nephew turned 7 this year.  Needless to say, I didn't follow the teenage pregnancy path of most of the girls in my family.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I feel even older now! I'm 1970!
    Master of 'the look' 
  • vlevittvlevitt member
    edited April 2014
    1974 here. I didn't feel old till I got pregnant (this will be my 2nd). Knowing ill be 57 when this one finishes high school is freaking me out!
  • This will be my first at 41, but DH has grown children - first grandchild was born last Sept. Makes me think of "You've Got Mail" where Tom Hanks' character introduces the little girl as his aunt and the younger boy as his brother.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1972 and I am with you, some days I feel really old.  This is also my first at 41, and DH has three boys from a previous marriage two of which already have babies!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am 38 with my first. My doctors told me I could never conceive and I have. TOTAL SHOCK!!! But I am happy and glad to finally experience it. I'll be attening my 20 year High School reunion at 8 months pregnant while my twin brother is already a pappy!!! lol
  • VGeeVGee member
    1972- I know what you mean!  My oldest will be 24 when this LO is born in August.  This is #5.  I had LO#4 when I was 40 and each time I checked into the Hospital, for stress tests or monitoring, they put a second wristband on me that was bright red and in all caps said OVER 40.  I was like really... is that necessary?? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1970 here - now pregnant with my 5th.  Feeling so blessed, but man, what a blow - total shocker.  Pregnancy symptoms wipe me out quickly, so my other kiddos kinda have to look out!  My OB just looked at me under his eyebrows and spoke about birth control at my first visit.  They will have to get over it!  The Dr. I was seeing for other things was proud of me.  He says in other parts of the world women have children into their early 60's.  Our Western culture comes up with expectations, not our bodies.  We are well within our body's range of having children and we should not be embarassed by it (this is a pep talk for myself).

• VGeeVGee member
    I get all the "Don't you know how to prevent this, yet???' comments.  I just joke about how it's only been 25 years... DH and I are still honeymooning ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jojolh1003jojolh1003 member
    edited May 2014
    I think it's awesome and even though I may not be as energetic physically as my younger self, being pregnant with my first (at 42) has never made me feel younger! It's amazing what us old broads can do ;)
  • Hee hee, I'm 45 today and have a 24.5 year old, a 4 year old, a 2.5 year old Granddaughter and one due Nov.10.
  • Happy Birthday to your daughter! I just spent a week with my SIL, mother of 10 whose kids are ages 23 through 5. It was amazingly fun! Your family is going to have so much joy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"