LGBT Parenting

Lennon Joy's birth story

On Monday April 21st our little love decided it was time to come meet us :) This is the story of her arrival!

Monday morning was just another day, I decided to go out so I wasn't home wondering when baby would come. After reading and sipping a decaf latte at Starbucks for an hr or so I went shopping for a few items. Still just felt like a normal day, no signs of impending labor at all. I arrived home and relaxed a bit and DW arrived home from work at 3:30. She had been pretty sick for days and she came home early to relax a bit. At 4:15pm a had a few contractions but didn't think too much about them...by 5pm they started coming regularly and quickly so we started timing them. When we realized they were about 3-5 min apart we called the midwife and our doula.Because it was my first labor we expected a long labor... But the baby had a different idea! The midwife and doula arrived by 8pm. I was having regular intense contractions, and they quickly began prepping. DW was doing an awesome job supporting me, reminding me to breathe for baby and helping prep for the birth. By 8:30 I was feeling "pushy" and my midwife said if I wanted a water birth I better get in the tub!

I had her check my dilation, although she said she thought I was very close...and sure enough 9.5 cm!! I couldn't believe how quickly things were going. What happened to early labor anyways?? ;)

The birth tub helped ease some of the discomfort and I started pushing by 9pm. The room had dim lights, candles, my birth banner that friends and family made to support me and of course my awesome birth team that included my DW , midwife , midwifes apprentice, doula and birth photographer. Mt doula was a godsend. She knew exactly what I needed before I even knew it myself! The cold wash clothes with lavender were so helpful to cool me down. I pushed and pushed some more both in the rub and also in the bathroom a bit.

My midwife mentioned I had a few options to help baby along a bit. To break my water, and /or use a labor link (a rope type thing I pull on, with someone pulling the other end.. The rug of war type action helps you push). I had her break my water first then I opted tontry the labor link which helped me push more efficiently. My wife was on the other side and my birth team kept cheering me on telling me to pull her in the tub! She claims I was quite close a few times!

After three hrs of pushing baby entered the world! She wasn't breathing at first but my midwife was right on top of it and we heard her cry... And I fell in love instantly.I started nursing her and delivered the placenta and then got to check to see what our team green baby was...I was SO shocked it was a girl!!! I was up and out of the tub shortly after and showering before heading upstairs to the bedroom for baby's assessment an weight.

Lennon Joy weighed 6lb 12oz and was 19 3/5 in long. Born at 11:59pm. I was happy to receive the news that i didn't tear at all..the water in combination with the long pushing phase and counter pressure from my midwife were helpful in that department!

Little Lennon has completely stolen our hearts, and is a complete joy. Her middle name suits her well! I couldn't be happier with my birth experience and I am so happy to share my story here! Thanks for all your well wishes upon the arrival of our rainbow baby!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lennon Joy's birth story

• Thank you for sharing your story! I am a fellow short labor FTM (4.5 hours), and I know what a whirlwind it can be! Stories like yours are really inspiring me to have a home birth for our eventual #2.

GREAT JOB to you and your DP! Love, love, love the pics. Especially her cute lil feet. Happy, happy, happy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a wonderful story. Such a beautiful way to start my Friday. You three look so happy and wonderful.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • KH826KH826 member
    Such a fantastic story - thank you for sharing! I am so glad to hear that you were able to have the birth that you wanted and that all went well. Welcome to the world, Lennon Joy! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • JGYJGY member

Beautiful story and beautiful family.  Love!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Thank you for sharing! Sounds like a perfect birth experience!! Lennon Joy is absolutely beautiful!

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Thank you for sharing your/Lennon's story. I'm glad everything went well and that you were able to have your home birth! She is adorable :)

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Such a beautiful birth story. Congrats! She is adorable.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • My goodness, sorry for all the typos! Haha

Thanks everyone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a beautiful story thank you for sharing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations! 
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • I'm so happy you got the birth experience you were hoping for and that your home snuggling your LO now :-)

Thanks for sharing!!
  • So wonderful! You are seriously making me consider a home water birth. :) love her name...and all that hair! Congrats to you both. Take it easy and let the spoiling begin!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • What a fantastic story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! Welcome to the world baby Lennon!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"