Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

PJs and temp in house/room

So we have always put DD in a footed fleece sleeper. We consistently keep our house at 71 degrees in winter and summer months. She has always been fine, never too hot or cold at least to the point where she would wake up is it bothered her. We keep her bedroom door closed at night and her room gets chillier (around 68 degrees) than the rest of the house but she also tends to run warmer all the time(not fever - just never cold).

I've never thought of changing her PJs since we don't give her a blanket yet and she has always been fine in her fleece footed ones. Well this week she got sick or teething and had a fever of 101.5. I put her in 100% cotton shirt and pants the past few nights so she wouldn't get hot.

Now I'm debating on switching to 2 piece cotton pj sets but I'm afraid without a blanket (don't think she would keep one on anyway) that she will get chilly at night.

So how do you dress your toddler at night and what temp do you keep your house set at/their room?! This got way too long! Sorry!

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
|| [url=http;//www.

Re: PJs and temp in house/room

• Options
    Fleece footed pajamas in the winter and 2piece cotton in the summer. We keep it at 67 in the winter and 76 in the summer. He has had multiple blankets since around 15 months old. I always cover him but he mainly likes snuggling up to soft blankets and doesn't stay covered. I think having them in the bed helps him stay warm anyhow.
  • Options
    We have an old house. We keep it at 68 in the winter, but it's probably much cooler. We don't have central air, so it's very warm in the kids rooms in the summer. In the winter she wears fleece footie pjs, and uses a blanket. If she gets warm she just kicks it off. In the summer thin cotton two piece sets or just a thin tshirt if it's in the 80+ range.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our heat is set to 68 in the winter and DS wears a footed, fleece PJs (his room gets colder than 68) with no blanket. In the summer the thermostat is set to 77-78 with his ceiling fan on in his room and he wears 2-piece cotton shorts PJs.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I live in an older house in Central Florida.  So we pretty much have the A/C on year round.  Our electric bill is outrageous, so the house stays at 77 for the most part.  For the majority of the year his room is 77-78 with the ceiling fan running.  He wears 2 piece long sleeved/pants and footed PJs all cotton.  I give him an A+A blanket that he mostly snuggles with or plays with if he wakes up.  I find that works well for him year round.  One the few nights where it was cold here he wore terry cloth footed PJs or some fleece.

;

• Options
    We kept our house at 69-70 this winter (we had some crazy cold nights) and DD was in fleece footed sleepers with a onesie and sicks underneath and then I'd still tuck a blanket around her in the crib.  She always wound up kicking the blanket off in the middle of the night but she was fine temp wise.  Since the temp outside has picked up a little I've started doing either the fleece with nothing underneath and no blanket or a thin cotton sleeper with a onesie and socks underneath.  I've also done cotton outfits (pants and top) with socks and then a blanket.  The house is usually on 68 at night and then we don't have the heat or air on during the day.  we try not to let it get cooler than 67 or warmer than 71/72.
  • Options
    DS runs hot.  We live in New England and we keep at 66F in the winter.  He wears long sleeve cotton PJs (not footed) plus a fleece sleepsack.

As soon as it hits 69 or 70F, we lose the fleece.  In the summer it's around 74F. Last summer DS wore short sleeve cotton t-shirt and NO pants/bottoms, plus a cotton sleepsack.  I think this summer we'll skip the sleepsack, so probably just a cotton t-shirt and diaper (+/- shorts?), and a light blanket?
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    During the colder months, our house is at 64 at night.  So DS wears an undershirt, fleece footed PJs and a sleep sack.  During the summer we do cotton shorts and Tee.
  • Options
    DS is in a zipadeezip still so I just have him in a light footless sleeper. You could try a sleep sack?
  • Options
    DD's room is usually 71 degrees and she wears some kind of footed PJ's (be it fleece or cotton) and does not use a blanket. If I put her in a footless pair of PJ's, I always put her in socks, but she kicks them off every time and never wakes because she is cold.

I just bought some two piece jammies, but I don't plan to use them until it gets really warm this summer. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We do pretty much the same as you do.

I did recently buy some cotton two piece jammies to try out as it gets warmer, but we haven't really gotten there yet. He was in cotton footie pajamas (and still in his Merlin sleep suit for a good chunk of the summer) last year.
  • Options
    SassCSassC member
    We do fleece footies in the winter and then mix between cotton footies and two-pieces w/o footies in the summer. The one constant is our A+A cotton sleep sack. I use it instead of a blanket (which still scare me even at 1yo). I highly highly recommend a sleep sack. She sleeps 6:30-6:30, so I think it's been working :) Her room is 67-70 degrees. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"