Multiples
Options

Update and stroller question

I posted about a month ago about some bleeding I was having and I am so sorry it has taken this long to update. I just wanted to let everyone know that everything is fine. My doctor still isn't sure what happened but the bleeding stopped and the babies look good. I also found out recently that I am having two boys. I am so excited and extremely nervous because I have two girls already. But anyway I have a question about strollers that i wanted to get advice on. I'm trying to figure out of it would be better to get a side by side stroller or a stroller where the babies are one on front of the other. I am having a really hard time deciding. Thanks for the help!

Re: Update and stroller question

• Options
    I am no help. I got one of each. I have a baby jogger city select and the baby jogger side by side one. I like side by side for parks and zoo but I like the tandem for mall and indoor stuff. I bought the sbs on Craig's list pretty cheap.
  • Options
    When the boys were infants we used a stroller that was one in front of the other and worked with our car seats. Once the got big enough to sit up well on their own we got a side by side. I prefer the side by side at this age. They often hold hands in the stroller, it is so cute!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exactly what @ks3pink‌ said. I used the double snap n go with our car seats while they were in infant seats. It's lightweight and folds easy and it's pretty easy to maneuver while they are small.

Now that we're in convertible seats I have 2 side by sides. I have a Combi twin which I keep in my car for shopping trips and traveling. It's ok, lightweight, fits through most doorways and folds easily but doesn't do well on rougher surfaces. For long outside walks, id definitely get a jogging stroller with real tires as opposed to plastic wheels. I got a used Bob duallie and it is totally awesome- so easy to push and steer and nice suspension so the babies get a smooth ride. It's also got the best sun/wind shade. Both strollers have individually reclining seats which is a nice feature.

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We have the Joovy Twin Roo stroller for our car seats.  We liked this because of the price and since we will only need the infant car seats for about a year.  After that we have a side by side jogging stroller.  I am kind of opposite of you I have 2 boys now and my twins will be 2 girls.  I am pretty nervous after being so used to boys.  Good luck

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited April 2014
    I have a side by side for walks around the neighborhood but for going out in public (parking lots, shopping etc) we have a tandem stroller. I really like how easy my Contour Optimum tandem stroller is to get around with.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have one of each. Our tandem is a Baby Trend Snap n Go and the side-by-side is a Valco Zee Two. While the SnG is convenient, it's also a pain in the butt. It's cumbersome and impossible to steer with one hand. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't also have a 2-year old. I often have to carry my toddler while pushing the tandem and it's just hard. On the other hand, my Zee Two steers like a dream. I was able to push it around the grocery store with one hand and pull a shopping cart with the other. It was awesome! It's totally worth the $$!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"