July 2012 Moms
Options

STM question

This may have been asked a million times before and I just looked over it.
Ok so I have only known about baby #2 for a short time and I am already having some weird feelings. Im excited and can't wait for December to meet the new one but I'm so sad at the same time that Cooper won't be my little everything anymore. I just wanna spend all my time with her and for nothing to change our relationship. A girl I work with said she went through this too but it wasn't until her 3rd trimester and because of it she never felt a strong connection with her most recent child.
Anyone have any advice for new baby anxiety? I am just so happy but also having some anxiety and sadness ? What's wrong with me? am I broken?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM question

• Options
    It'll all come naturally, this much I can promise you. Just make as most of the time you have together with just you two. Also take this time to prepare her for the arrival of a sibling. There's a ton of books out there to help her understand and have her help you pick out the babies clothes, etc.
    You'll love this baby just as much as you love her. :) I think your friend that doesn't feel connected probably has some underlying issues that caused her disconnect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I don't think you're broken at all!  I think you're totally normal with normal mommy feelings :)

TBH, from the moment I got the most recent BFP, I had such mixed feelings.  Excitement for the new baby and guilt for the way that I was about to turn Thomas' life upside down.  Concern that I wouldn't love my new baby as much as my current one and disappointment that I would have to divide my attention.  Everyone I talked to who had multiple kids said it was something they experienced as well, and that you'll be amazed at how your heart just expands to give each child room.  I'm only a month in, but it's turning out to be very true for me - nothing I worried about has even materialized.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not crazy and that this is normal. H is out of town so without him here to talk me down my mind races and I worry too much. Cooper is my baby and has been my whole entire world for two years and my very hurts to think of losing any bit of our relationship. I'm sure it will come naturally I just hate the way I feel now. I hope this passes! I am going to get big sister books and even baby scrubs for Cooper for when we go to the hospital. It will all fall together im sure. Thank y'all so much
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lh80lh80 member
    I have tears running down my face as I read this as I am feeling exactly the same. 4 months to go and I hope I can get over these feelings to a certain extent. I feel like I am obsessed with Hayden and she will always be my number one. I don't know how I'm going to share my love with baby brother.

• Options
    I felt the same way before Avery was born. I bawled all the way to the hospital the morning of my scheduled c/s because I knew DD#1's life would never be the same. I was so scared. I didn't think I'd be able to be a good mom to both girls at the same time. The first few weeks were rough, but we fell into a routine. Now that nearly 2 years have passed I am so happy to have the girls so close together. They are best friends. It melts my heart to see them give each other hugs and kisses or snuggle together. I love them equally. They are my world and I love knowing they will always have each other. I still feel guilty about the negative thoughts I had while pg with Avery because I feel completely the opposite now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lilahbean13‌ I am worried about the exact same things and I am not even pregnant! Thanks for starting this thread...I am definitely following!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"