Adoption
Options

Long Time Lurker

Hi all,

I have been lurking on The Bump for years but never felt the need to introduce myself. I have always enjoyed the stories and discussions on this board. I just feel like y'all "get" me. :-)  

I live in Seattle but grew up in a teeny tiny town in Maine. My husband and I have been married since 2010 and we started looking at adoption in 2011 but didn't find an agency until 2012. We got on the list in January of 2013. In April of that year we were coming back from a little weekend getaway in Vancouver, BC and were at a brewery drinking a beer when my phone rang. Not recognizing the number, I put it in voice-mail and went to use the restroom. When I came back, my husband was holding his phone and said, "The same number called me. That was the agency., They want us to call them right back." We did and they told us that a little boy was born in Oregon that morning and they were calling everyone open to a last minute placement and would we be interested in sharing our profile. We said yes and drove home trying not to get our hopes up. Two hours later we got another call from a different agency caseworker saying, "This is the call you've been waiting for; when can you pick up your son?"  17 hours later, calls to work, lots of supportive texts, emails and phone calls, and one frantic trip to Target, baby Jack was in our arms.

We have an open relationship with the BM and BD with a couple visits a year and pictures and calls throughout the year. They are lovely people and we love that they are now part of our family. Jack just celebrated the big 01 and he is  a walking, babbling, curious little boy.

So, that's me in a nutshell. Feel free to ask me anything. I hope to start adding to the conversations soon.

Re: Long Time Lurker

• Options
    Welcome and what a wonderful story! I would love to have a quick placement like that - not too much time to second guess and worry myself! ;)

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Options
    Welcome and thanks for sharing your story it really gives us all waiting a lot of hope!! Happy bday jack!!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello and welcome! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Love hearing your positive story! I love the name Jack, it was on my baby name list until my sister-in-law got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago (guess who...Jack)! Lol
  • Options
    What a cool story!  How fast life can change :)
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Greetings!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"