VBAC
Options

What are you doing to increase your chances of VBAC?

welly01welly01 member
Planning to TTC this summer, so I'm starting my research on things I can do to increase my chance at a VBAC.  Just wanted to share my list of things I plan to do to increase my chances of success (and going into labor before 42 weeks, lol).  I'd love to hear if anyone else is kind of keeping a checklist of things to do.

- Arvigo Technique Maya Abdominal Massage - I'm planning to go preconception to see if they can break up some of the scar tissue but I've also found some info that it's great during pregnancy to keep everything aligned, etc.
- Chiropractor - planning to see one throughout pregnancy
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea throughout pregnancy
- Prenatal yoga
- Dates 4 weeks before delivery (although, I'll probably start at 34-35 weeks)
- Hire a doula

Definitely planning to do the above and also considering EPO.  Also can't decide if I want to try Hypnobabies/Hypnobirthing.  We took Bradley classes the first time around, but I really don't feel like they would have made the difference if I had actually gone into labor.

Anyone have anything else to add?
                                                                                          BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                             BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                             BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                   BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      

Re: What are you doing to increase your chances of VBAC?

• Options

I have had two C-sections and am hoping to avoid a third if I have a third baby. I'm not entirely sure if my doctor will want me to try for one or not. He was really supportive of my last attempt and was thrilled that I was even willing to attempt an induction even though the chance of it working were slim.

Anyway I wanted ask what does the Raspberry Leaf Tea do to help? (I mean that as a serious question and not sarcasm (I know sometimes in text it's hard to tell)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    @mamab3ar: From what I understand, it helps to tone the uterus to make contractions more effective.  I found the following link:

With DS1, I frequented the Natural Birth board and they frequently talk about the benefits there.  
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome I will check that out. Thank you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I tried to sit on an exercise ball whenever possible during the 3rd trimester in an attempt to improve my chances of having a VBAC. 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    I will hopefully be attempting a VBAC in the next week or two. I am drinking RRL tea, taking evening primrose oil pills vaginally, sitting/ bouncing on an exercise ball, and trying to have sex every other night or so. I never went into labor on my own last time, and my csection was due to a failed induction. That tends to happen when they induce you at 0cm, 0% effaced. I was supposedly a fingertip dilated last week, with another check tomorrow. I am hoping it means my body is gearing up on its own this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mmksmmks member
    I'm also awaiting my TOLAC anytime now and have done most of what you plan. I've also done lots of stretches and prenatal yoga.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm switching to a doc that'll do VBA2C and I plan on hiring a doula.  I'm also open to seeing a chiropractor and if my IP's (Intended Parents - I'll be a surrogate again) are ok with it I'd be open to seeing an acupuncturist.  I had 1 successful vaginal birth followed by 2 scheduled c/s.  My 2nd c/s was due to being 41w and still hadn't gone into labor.  I'm also looking for a doc that will be ok with me carrying to 42w.  I think my last c/s was totally unnecessary.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Birth center instead of hospital, chiropractor, exercising on birth ball from 32 weeks on, low deep squats and stretching, only sit on couch for short small amounts of time, red raspberry lead tea, evening primrose oil, possibly acupuncture if needed.
  • Options
    DS was breach and did not flip after inversions, chiropractory, massage therapy, or external cyphalic version. He was a scheduled CS. I have been exercising and eating clean for a year. I do planks daily to build transverse abdominal muscles. I do kegals. In addition to lifting weights also do a lot of stretching. Particularly positions for hips. I am doing this for many reasons other than VBAC but it is one of my main goals that pushes me. We plan on TTC#2 late summer. I will also start to see the massage therapist and chiropractor earlier this time. I will continue to exercise throughout pregnancy.
  • Options
    My main goal is to keep my BP under control in the final few weeks so that I can go into labor on my own.  I have been trying to up my daily protein intake and plan to stop working at 36 weeks, provided my doctors/midwives still agree.  I worked until my son's birthday last time and I believe the stress contributed to the development of gestational hypertension.

I've also started practicing meditation which I never thought I'd love, but it really seems to keep me calmer and I believe it will help me no matter how I deliver.  

If this baby is breech, as DS was, I plan to see a chiropractor to try the Webster technique since I don't feel I tried as hard as I could have to flip him last time.

I try to remind myself every day that every pregnancy is different. :)
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"