July 2014 Moms
Options

Mamaroo vs fisher price swing

With DS we had the fisher price my little snuggabunny cradle and swing, we have since handed it down to my cousin who had a baby and they didn't take very good care if it so we don't want it back. We are looking at getting the same swing or the mamaroo. The mamaroo is a bit more expensive but is it worth it? I don't know anyone that has used this but I've heard most people like it better then the traditional swing
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mamaroo vs fisher price swing

• Options
    With DS we had the fisher price my little snuggabunny cradle and swing, we have since handed it down to my cousin who had a baby and they didn't take very good care if it so we don't want it back. We are looking at getting the same swing or the mamaroo. The mamaroo is a bit more expensive but is it worth it? I don't know anyone that has used this but I've heard most people like it better then the traditional swing
    Hey - I have both! Remember, all babies are different. 

My daughter preferred the Snug A Bunny swing over the Mamaroo because the Sung A Bunny swings faster. 

The white noise machine built into the Mamaroo is pretty damn awesome though. The motor is also pretty loud in general. Although, I think they fixed this in newer models.  

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Did you ever plug your iPhone/iPod into the mamaroo

My daughter preferred the Snug A Bunny swing over the Mamaroo because the Sung A Bunny swings faster. 

The white noise machine built into the Mamaroo is pretty damn awesome though. The motor is also pretty loud in general. Although, I think they fixed this in newer models.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Did you ever plug your iPhone/iPod into the mamaroo

Yes, I adored the Pandora Station: Rock a Bye Baby and played that all the time. I still love that station. White noise is torture for me, so when the mamaroo was used downstairs, it had to be Pandora, not white noise. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Okay thank you!! I can't stand the white noise and thought that it was pretty interested ting that you could plug the phone into it Your making the decision tougher.....we will now most likely end up having both
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Okay thank you!! I can't stand the white noise and thought that it was pretty interested ting that you could plug the phone into it Your making the decision tougher.....we will now most likely end up having both
    Once Upon a Child stores have tons of Snug a Bunny swings. 

ETA
    Honestly, you don't need both swings. My daughter preferred one of them, and if childcare didn't have the Snug a Bunny, I wouldn't have known any better. A friend gave me our Snug a Bunny, I wouldn't have invested in both. 

• Options
    I got the Mamaroo after reading tons of reviews
  • Options
    The daycare we send DS to uses the mamaroos.  We'll probably stick to our bouncy seat we used for DS this time around at home, but I definitely looked into the mamaroo for DS, just never pulled the trigger.  

@ghostof5letters  DH bought 3 or 4 Rockabye Baby CDs before DS was born.  He was so excited to find them!  When we were on vacation last week the house didn't have live TV (don't even get me started on that), but they had roku with someone else's Pandora account set up on it.  They had the rockabye baby station on it.  I can't believe I never thought to look for it before.  It was fantastic!
  • Options
    I can't make up my mind. Some days I want a full size swing (the kind that will swing two different directions), some days a portable version of the same thing (it's a new swing and there are not a lot of reviews yet), and other days I want the Mamaroo... As long as any of them plug in to the wall, I am good. I have a two story house, so portable would be nice if I want to spend the day in the bedroom while healing from my c-section. But, I know the full size swings and I know they work well. The Mamaroo is portable for the most part, but not as much as the other small one. 

Decisions are too damn hard. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rach1285rach1285 member
    edited April 2014
    @jnnfrrose6 and @ghostof5letters thank you for mentioning the Rockabye baby station on Pandora! I had never heard of it and loooove it after looking it up! DH is so excited to find something he and baby can both enjoy!

ETA: tag error
  • Options
    rach1285 said:
    @jnnfrrose6 and @ghostof5letters thank you for mentioning the Rockabye baby station on Pandora! I had never heard of it and loooove it after looking it up! DH is so excited to find something he and baby can both enjoy! ETA: tag error
    MY DS has been listening to the same Rockabye Baby albums on an old ipod for 6 years. We turn it on at bedtime, has to be the exact same song to start with. Never been to the Pandora station, but will definitely be trying that out. 
  • Options
    We decided to go with the regular swing just based on the price - I really want the mamaroo and love 4moms products, but I figure baby doesn't use the swing all that long - especially since I will be going back to work pretty quick and LO to daycare so my husband talked me out of the price tag. Of course we haven't purchased anything, just registered, so assuming we end up buying it ourselves things could change, I don't know!

• Options
    my dd loved the swing way better than the mamaroo but all kiddos are different. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Options
    My mom got me the glider/bouncer duet but we are registered for a mamaroo. It's the only thing dh requested. We have a 2 story house so I also don't want to lug something up and down the stairs.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    helloblueeyeshelloblueeyes member
    edited April 2014
    Technically the Mamaroo doesn't swing, the Rockaroo does. The Mamaroo is more like a bouncer then a swing in it's motions. It's meant to mimic the way you hold your baby, the swaying and light bouncing, the jiggle, etc...

The Rockaroo is also cheaper then the Mamaroo and closer to the price of a swing. 
    Rockaroo is $159 vs $219 for Mamaroo. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Options

Technically the Mamaroo doesn't swing, the Rockaroo does. The Mamaroo is more like a bouncer then a swing in it's motions. It's meant to mimic the way you hold your baby, the swaying and light bouncing, the jiggle, etc...

The Rockaroo is also cheaper then the Mamaroo and closer to the price of a swing. 
    I got the Rockaroo -- I figured it would be a good compromise.
  • Options
    I've read many negative reviews on the mammaroo thing so that's why I didn't get it. I got the snug a bunny. My cousin tolerates his mammaroo but only for very short periods. I've heard it just depends on the child, but after looking at many online comparisons, I went with the swing.
  • Options
    I registered for the mamaroo, an old fashioned baby shaker and a swing. I figured if people want to buy it, let them. LOL

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We use the mamaroo in the NICU. It's a lifesaver for the nurses. When there's no volunteer around to rock the babies they just swaddle & pop them in the roo.
  • Options
    Oh great now decisions on mamaroo vs rockaroo. I've heard mixed reviews on all DS did love his fisher price swing maybe I just love the idea of the mamaroo more
  • Options
    My DD was so particular. She didn't like the swing we had. I am getting a mamaroo this time around bc I've heard so many great things about it
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I can't make up my mind. Some days I want a full size swing (the kind that will swing two different directions), some days a portable version of the same thing (it's a new swing and there are not a lot of reviews yet), and other days I want the Mamaroo... As long as any of them plug in to the wall, I am good. I have a two story house, so portable would be nice if I want to spend the day in the bedroom while healing from my c-section. But, I know the full size swings and I know they work well. The Mamaroo is portable for the most part, but not as much as the other small one. 

What portable version do they make that swings both ways?? I have the world's smallest living room and would LOVE something like that!

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    VTKatie said:

What portable version do they make that swings both ways?? I have the world's smallest living room and would LOVE something like that!

I'll link it when I get off mobile.

• Options
    I was going to ask if it would be tacky to register for the Mamaroo. It just seems like more of a luxury item and I don't want people to judge me for being too big for my britches (as my grandma would have said). But I see several of you have it on yours... so maybe I'll do the same!
    Haters gonna hate.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I was going to ask if it would be tacky to register for the Mamaroo. It just seems like more of a luxury item and I don't want people to judge me for being too big for my britches (as my grandma would have said). But I see several of you have it on yours... so maybe I'll do the same!

I registered and received one. With my husbands family high dollar gifts are absurd to register for, but in my family, we all pull funds and buy the big stuff.

It depends on your attendees.

• Options
    @vtkatie Here is the portable swing I found. See, it is still really new and only 6 reviews so far. I wish I could see it work in person before buying it. https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Power-SpaceSaver-Cradle-Swing/dp/B00F2MQ82K/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2E18L52WFPH26&coliid=I1QBJ2H2PGJ8KC
  • Options

I got the Rockaroo -- I figured it would be a good compromise.

This. We are planning on getting the rock a roo bc DD was not a fan of the snug a bunny. AND we have less room now with toddler toys and baby things sharing the same space.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"