Parenting after a Loss

TTC a Rainbow Sibling Check-In ***BFP Warning***

** There is a BFP warning for this check-in **

Welcome to the TTC a Rainbow Sibling check-in. This check-in is a for TTCAL-ers with living children to talk about the issues about TTCAL while you have a living child. Living children and pictures of living children are welcome here, however if your pictured child is an infant (< a year old), please do place a warning at the beginning of your post to alert ladies who are having a hard day.  You do not have to be active on the PAL board in order to be a member of this check-in, however, if you plan on posting on the main board please post an intro there.

All are welcome to join us!  Please give us an intro with the following information if you wish: name(s)/age(s) of your child(ren), EDD(s) and where you are in your TTC journey. 

If you get a BFP please send morethansparrows08 a private PM so I can add you to our graduates list.

Special Hugs for @TMaggie0424

Current Member List:
almostamissus - Kennedy: 8, EDDs: 7/19/2014, 8/28/2014
anglndsguse44 - Connor : 2, EDD: 9/3/14
anitaflora - DS: 4, EDDs: ?
bootsorhearts - Isaac: 3 months, EDDs: 10/6/12, 10/29/13
ellebelle2384 - Sophia: 2, EDDs: 10/21/11, 10/13/14
Frenchteachermama - DD1: 5.5, DD2: almost 3, EDD: 3/30/2014
graceanne927 - Harper: 2
kj808 - DS (J) : 6, DD (K) : 3, EDDs: 6/24/2010, 9/17/2013, 10/21/2013, 8/25/2014
KJsbabe - Lexi: 20 months, EDDs: 1/27/11, 7/7/11
longcat07 - Rabbie: 4, EDD: 12/7/2014
mara005 - Fynn: 4, EDDs: 11/4/2013, 8/27/2014
mikeANDjen448 - Emma: 10M, EDDs: ?
Missa_g - Twin boys: 2, EDDs: 9/10/2011, 8/8/2014
Mom2anAngel2 - Liam: 1, EDD: ?
morethansparrows08 - Micah: 7, Elijah: 5, EDD: 8/3/14
mrsjessicamitchell - Ben: 1, EDD: ?
Neary2011 - Kendall Rose: 15M, EDDs: 4/18/2014, 9/18/2014
Noeliav - Amelia: 15M, EDD: 8/23/2014
pinksandbermuda - DD: 2, EDD: ?
PittPurple - DD: 16M, EDDs: 4/16/2012, 12/19/2012
polevaultRN - Timothy: 2, EDD: 10/1/2014
sergeantb44 - Noah : 11, Owen : 9, Natalie : 7, EDD: 8/4/2014
stephy1221 - DD:3, EDD: 10/6/2014
srcr2011 - Caleb: 3, EDDs: 11/21/2010, 5/2/2014, 6/11/2014
sunnydaysarehere - DD: 2.5, EDDs:  7/16/2013, 1/25/2014, 6/19/2014 and 10/18/2014
TMaggie0424 - DD: 1, EDD: 4/26/2010

----------------------------------------------------
**BFP below**

Congratulations to @rmpar29 on her BFP. To congratulate her, please check PgAL or send a private PM.

-----------------------------------------------------
@anglndsguse44 - How are you doing this week? FX your cycles even out soon!

@anitaflora - Good luck at your appointment today! ((Hugs))

@bootsorhearts - ((hugs)) How are you doing this week?

@ellebelle2384 - Were you able to confirm O? How are the renovations at your house going?

@Frenchteachermama - I've got my FX for you! How are you feeling? 

@kj808 - How are you doing today? I'm glad the u/s didn't show anything abnormal, but I'm sorry that this cycle is sort of out for y'all. ((hugs))

@KJsbabe - How are you doing with the 2WW? FX for you! 

@mara005 - Looks like you may have O'd! FX for CHs soon!

@Missa_g - How's the 2WW treating you?

@Mom2anAngel2 - I hope you're having a better day this week. ((hugs))

@Neary2011 - Did you ever get a + OPK? How are you feeling?

@Noeliav - How's the event planning going? I know as it gets closer, things get more chaotic. FX everything turns out wonderfully for you! 

@PittPurple - ((hugs)) How are you feeling this week? So sorry about your friend announcing her pregnancy.

@polevaultRN - Were you able to confirm O? How are you feeling?

@sergeantb44 - How are you doing this week? ((hugs)) 

@stephy1221 - ((hugs)) How are you feeling this week? 

@TMaggie0424 - ((hugs)) Have you gotten the results of your biopsy? Don't feel bad about your weight. My youngest is 5, and I'm still about 30 pounds up from where I should be... :-/

@almostamissus, @graceanne927, @longcat07@mikeANDjen448, @mrsjessicamitchell, @pinksandbermuda, @srcr2011, @sunnydaysarehere - we missed you ladies last week and would love to hear how you are.

-----------------------------------------------------
QOTW: If there was one task in your life you could eliminate forever without any consequences, what would it be and why?
Anniversary
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker
  DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
rmpar29

Re: TTC a Rainbow Sibling Check-In ***BFP Warning***

• Hey ladies! So I'll be taking over the check-in weekly now.  Big congrats to rmpar29 on her BFP!!!

CD4 for me; going camping this weekend - our clan is comprised of myself, DH, our 2 boys, MIL, FIL, BIL, SIL, BIL's friend and DH's cousin.  10 people to feed 3 meals a day for 3 days! That's a lot of food!!! But it's going to be so much fun!!! 

I've done Zumba two days in a row, and I feel it - I'm so stinking sore! I'm hoping to go for a run this evening with a friend of mine - she and her hubby have experienced 3 losses, and she's so grounded and real about it all.  I can talk to her about anything, and she always has something supportive and helpful to say because she's been there (much like you lovely ladies).  I hate that we're in this boat at all, but glad we have each other to lean on.

QOTW: I absolutely HATE vacuuming!!! I have to pick everything up off the floor, which with two boys, is A LOT of stuff! Then I have to get the vacuum out, and run it.  We have an Aussie/Collie mix dog - he's shorthaired but he sheds like crazy, especially in the spring, so I have to stop and clean out the vacuum filter at least once per room, and it's just so time consuming! If I could never vacuum again, and never have dog-hair filled carpets, I would be perfectly content!!!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

rmpar29KJsbabeellebelle2384
  • Good morning everyone! I'm 8DPO but have zero hope. I came down with the cold from hell last Thursday and it has morphed into bronchitis. I have felt terrible all week. At this point I'm just ready for my next cycle to start so I can stop feeling guilty for the meds I'm taking. They're all category B but normally, if I had any hope, I wouldn't take them. I'm just nonfunctioning without them and that's not possible with two hyperactive two year olds. So guilt. If AF hasn't arrived by Monday I'll probably test.

QOTW: right now I think it would have to be laundry. We have so much of it I feel like I can never catch up. As soon as I do it all it feels like there is another load ready to go the next day. I hate it!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • @Missa_g I'm so sorry you're sick! Praying you get better ASAP! It's definitely not fun to be sick with a pair of 2 year olds running around. FX for you this cycle.  I feel you on the laundry - it's literally never ending!!! 
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

• @MoreThanSparrows08‌ - thanks for taking over the check-in. Your camping trip sounds like fun. I am glad you have someone IRL to talk to, it really helps.

@Missa_g‌ - I hope you start feeling better soon!

Up-date on me: Last week was a hot mess, but thankfully things calmed down by Saturday. I am currently on cd8. I had an appointment on Tuesday, so we now have a plan.

As I suspected, I will restart Femara. Since I was cd6 at the appointment I am throwing this cycle a bone and taking an incredibly low dose, but will go back to a normal dose next cycle. I also restarted naltrexone (which is used to suppress endo in Naprotechnology). I have noticed more cramping over the last few cycles and am worried that my endo is coming back.

If we do not conceive in the next 3 months we talked about doing HCG injections. I am not too familiar with these, so if anyone has any experience and is willing to share, I would appreciate the advise.

I am hoping to O early next week and will start OPKs on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully I can catch it this month.

QOTW: I truly hate cleaning bathrooms. I have this thing about a sparkling clean bathroom and hate when DH does not clean up after himself. As much as I hate it, I literally wipe the bathroom down daily because it grosses me out.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Good morning. I missed you all last week.  I was on spring break all last week and this past Monday.

How would you all feel about this? Am I over-reacting??

Caleb stays with my IL on Mon and Thurs (sometimes he cries and doesn't want to stay, other days he is ok). He hadn't gone in a while since I was on break. I made sure to remind my MIL about it yesterday and to see if she could watch him (if not, I take him to daycare, no biggie). I have to be at work at 720 and she knows this. I was at her house around 715. I knock and knock and knock, I called and called and called, and knocked and knocked and knocked. She finally came to the door 10 min later. She was in the shower...she opened the door and ran back to the bathroom (I'm guessing she was not dressed, I didn't see her). At this point, Caleb was clinging on to me for life. He did not want to stay. I put him down, he is screaming, my MIL is in the other room and I'm really late for work at this point. I felt like a horrible mother, but I left him crying, ASSUMING my MIL would be right out of the other room. I shouted to her and told her I was leaving and she said ok and I closed the door behind me. As I get into my car, pull into reverse and drive about 10 feet, I see this poor little 3 year old, screaming and chasing me down the driveway! Seriously, what the heck?!? I picked him up, walked back in with him and she finally came out of the bathroom. She was "shocked" that he was able to open the door and kept saying how smart he is. She knew I left! She knew he was crying for me, she knew I had to be at work at 720 but decided to shower at that point. What if I had not seen him?? How far would he have chased me? She has always done this kind of crap too. If she can't watch him, that's fine! I don't "need" her. But the fact that she agreed to it and knew when I was coming.... This has been the schedule since last Aug. Nothing new! The more I think about it, the more my blood boils!

On another note, I'm an trying not to let extended family issues (with my sister being sick and not-as-close-as-before relationship with my mother) affect my outlook on TTC. I sometimes have a hard time letting things go. I realize life can not be put on hold and life does not stop or care. It keeps going regardless of situations and I'm a ready to TTC next month.

QOTW: If there was one task in your life you could eliminate forever without any consequences, what would it be and why? Washing, drying, combing/styling my hair. I HATE it. I recently chopped off about 8 inches and its right at armpit level now. It's better, but caring for my hair (sometimes I wish we did have hair on our head) is a hassle for me.

imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• MoreThanSparrows08 said:

**snip**
     Big congrats to rmpar29 on her BFP!!!

I've done Zumba two days in a row, and I feel it - I'm so stinking sore! I'm hoping to go for a run this evening with a friend of mine -

QOTW: I absolutely HATE vacuuming!!!
    Yay, I am so happy for her!!!!

I love zumba. Recently MH, and 2 of my friends are doing T25 together. Today is day 4. I am sooooo sore. We haven't ran, but I miss it. Have fun this evening!!!

I am so werid. I looove vacuuming and washing dishes. LOL
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

rmpar29
  • @Mom2anAngel2 I'm glad your appointment went well and that you have a plan.  I'm not familiar with HCG injections, but hopefully someone here can shed some light on it for you.  FX for O and good timing!

@srcr2011 WOW, that story gave me a pit in my stomach! I can't imagine how you felt, nor can I understand how your MIL would be so inattentive to your child when she knew the plan from the get go! I'd be furious if any member of my family acted like that when they'd agreed to watch my kids! I think you need to sit down and have a very frank conversation with her - let her know that if she continues to pull crap like that, she will no longer be given the opportunity to watch Caleb.  It's going to be a difficult conversation, but you need to make her understand where you are coming from.  She's a mom, so she should understand, but it's possible that she'll just get defensive that she did nothing wrong.  At which point, I would seriously reconsider letting her keep him.  ((hugs))
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

srcr2011
  • @srcr2011
    No, I'd be livid, as well. First, that she was going to let my baby cry while she showered (that's not how we choose to parent), and second, that she was so la-dee-da about him opening the door and chasing you. Grrrrrr. 

Yay for @rmpar29 ! Wonderful news :)

AFM: tick tock, tick tock, every day/hour/minute closer to the event. So many details and little pieces that need finalizing. I don't know where that leaves us for TTC for a sibling after loss; there's just way too much taking my attention at the moment. I guess we're NTNP, but really it's more like not trying at all. :P I cannot wait for this part of my job to be over for the year.

QOTW:
    Can I say commuting? Daily, I think a chauffeur would be well worth the monies. I hate it so much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    rmpar29srcr2011
  • @NoeliaV ((hugs)) At least this is only a once-a-year type thing - can you imagine people who do this full-time? 
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

NoeliaV
  • @rmpar29 YAY YAY YAY YAY!!

@MoreThanSparrows08 Thanks for the check in!!  Wow, that is a lot of people going camping but it sounds SUPER fun!  What kind of camp ground are you going to?  I absolutely love camping but we don't have any of the gear and getting all of it will be expensive...one day!

@Missa_g ((hugs)) that you're feeling so sick.  You shouldn't beat yourself up about taking the meds.  I know it's my personal opinion but my way of living when I was pregnant was to try to create the safest and calmest environment for my baby.  If I had a horrible headache and couldn't function I would take something so I could calm down.  Class B is totally safe for you now!! 

@Mom2anAngel2 do you mean the HGC shots that force you to ovulate?  I've done two so far (my last two cycles) and they are pretty easy to manage and take the guess work out of when you O.  I just took mine last night at 9:00pm (I did my IUI this morning) and so they are assuming I will O in the next 12-36 hours after the shot.  It comes in a little bottle and you mix some sterile water with it, pull it up into the syringe and poke yourself in the tummy.  Luckily DH is a doctor but the nurse showed me how to do it and I definitely feel like anyone could do it!!  You could also practice on an orange or something...

@srcr2011 I would have flipped my shit!  (excuse my French).  It's so hard for working moms to leave our children every day and it's so much worse when they are upset when you leave them.  My oldest was one of those clingy kids who I had to leave crying at day care every morning and it broke my heart.  I have a lot of friends who use their ILs for child care and it's so tough when things like this come up.  My best advice for you is to sit down calmly and nicely with your MIL and explain why you were so upset this morning.  Tell her that it's so hard to leave DS and today made you feel like she wasn't prepared or ready to take care of him.  The fact that he RAN DOWN THE DRIVEWAY is totally unsafe and downright scary.  You have to address this right away so that it's not something that sits and makes you more angry.  I would calmly address it (even though I'm sure you want to take DS and run as far away from her as you possible can) and make sure she's still on board with this child care arrangement.  I am so sorry you had to go through that and you are not over reacting at all!!!

((hugs)) about your family situation.  I live by living my life with the best and kindest of intentions.  There will always be people who will see some things you do as the opposite of that but you have to just brush them off and say you are a good person, a wonderful mother, a great friend and you never ever try to hurt people by your actions.  You need to TTC when it's right for your immediate family.  xxoo

@NoeliaV Sending you a million ((hugs)).  You can do it!

AFM:  I got some really horrible news over the weekend that my AMH is .20 which basically means that I have as many eggs left as a 50 year old woman.  The numbers doesn't have much to do with the QUALITY of the eggs but the QUANTITY.  The news was delivered so horribly by a nurse calling me over the phone as we were walking to our neighborhood Easter egg hunt and started reading an e-mail from the doctor.  "Please advise patient that conceiving on her own of through IUI might not be possible.  Advise patient that IVF is her best option".  REALLY?  You call me and read me an e-mail with news like that?  It just doesn't make sense.  I'm 36, I had 2 pregnancies at 30 and 33 within 2 months of trying and I've been pregnant twice this year (with unhealthy pregnancies).  That's 4 pregnancies in 6 years....so who knows.  IVF is not covered by our insurance and we do not have the money for it.

So after some soul searching and discussions with DH and my OB friend in NJ we decided to go ahead with 3-6 cycles of IUI and see what happens.  I responded really well to the Femara and ended up with 2 plump 19mm follicles, one of the left and one on the right.  My E2 numbers were excellent so hopefully I'm going to prove that jerky doctor wrong and maybe at least one follicle had a healthy egg inside.  DH's sample was great so today I had my first IUI.  We just have to wait and see, I have blood work in 2 weeks.

I'm going to see a new RE on 4/30 who is linked to the fertility practice associated with the large hospital in town and see if I like that clinic better.  My current practice is run mostly by nurses and that's fine except now I have a major issue to deal with and I want to work with a doctor. 

I'm sorry for my novel!!! 

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

NoeliaVrmpar29srcr2011
  • @srcr2011 We also found that drop off went a whole lot better when DH did the dropping off.  They love him obviously but they don't mess with his mind the way they do mine...if you continue to use your ILs could DH drop off sometimes to help you?  It felt freeing to get to work without leaving a crying child.  You could treat yourself to some dunkin ice coffee on the way!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

srcr2011
  • @NoeliaV ((hugs)) At least this is only a once-a-year type thing - can you imagine people who do this full-time? 
    blonde
    BabyFruit Ticker
    MoreThanSparrows08
  • @frenchteachermama
    Holy moly. What a wench reading an *email* to you, omg. FX for you this cycle and I hope you have a better experience with the other RE. Geezum pete.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @frenchteachermama We're going to a small campground right off the river about 45 minutes from us.  We haven't been to this one before, so we'll see how it goes.  

I'm SO SORRY about the stupid nurse who doesn't know how to talk to patients properly! How ignorant can someone be? Huge ((hugs)). I hope you like the new RE, and that he offers a better outlook for you than the jerky doctor did (btw, I'm totally craving some jerky now that you mentioned it... Lol).  FX for you this cycle!!!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

• @srcr2011‌ - I wanted to throw up reading your post. Knowing that your child was left unattended and able to leave the house sends chills up my spine. On occasion DS is crying when I drop him off at DC, but I know that he will be comforted (and happy in a matter of minutes) and can not "escape." I would definitely talk to you MIL (or have your H do it) about the safety concerns.

@NoeliaV‌ - Sending more good luck for a successful event. And some ((HUGS)), I hope you have more free time soon.

@Frenchteachermama‌ - I am not really sure if it is the same, he only mentioned it briefly and then we focused more on the next 3 months instead. He did mention using the twice before O, so it may be different. Anyway, FX for your IUI. I really hope you prove that doctor wrong. It was so insensitive to have a nurse read an e-mail over the phone. I will never understand how someone dealing with women who are TTC (after loss none the less) or infertility issues can be so heartless.

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

srcr2011NoeliaV
  • Thank you, I'm glad I am not over reacting. I calmed down a bit, but I agree I do need to talk to her about it.

@Frenchteachermama ((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry about the stupid nurse and jerky doctor. That was unprofessional of her to just read the email like that. I'm glad you have your OB friend who is optimistic. I would have done the same thing. I'm rooting for you, French!
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• KJsbabeKJsbabe member
    edited April 2014
    KJsbabe- How are you doing with the 2WW? FX for you!

Thanks! I'm doing good. I fully expect AF to show up tomorrow, so for today I'm enjoying looking at my pretty, pretty chart. Lol DH successfully completed his SA on Monday, so a big yay for that! And I had a progesterone check yesterday (7dpo). I'm still waiting to hear back about both of those.

DH's two brothers are both getting married next summer. The weddings are six weeks apart from each other in May and July. DH is going to be a groomsman and DD a flower girl in both weddings... So that means I have four more cycles to get KU before attending these weddings is going to be an issue. *sigh* I'm trying to be patient, but I wish it would just happen already. I'm sure we all feel like that!

QOTW: I hate weeding the yard and garden. It's never ending in the summer. It's like I pull one weed and 20 more grown. I've even tried using the ground clear stuff that's supposed to kill everything for months. It lasts for a couple weeks and then it all grows right back. So annoying!
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • @KJsbabe I've got my fingers crossed for you this cycle! When do you expect to hear back about your test results? 
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

• @KJsbabe I've got my fingers crossed for you this cycle! When do you expect to hear back about your test results? 

Speak of the devil... The nurse just called me. My progesterone was 18.2, which isn't as low as I thought it might be. My doctor wants to see it above 25, so he's going to put me on supplements. If AF doesn't show I'll start them tomorrow, if not I'll start them 3dpo next cycle.
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    MoreThanSparrows08Missa_g
  • @MoreThanSparrows08 - Thanks for taking over!  Have fun camping this weekend!

@Missa_g - You know I always have my FX for you!  I understand about the worry with being sick.  I was on Cipro which is category C a few days after when I think I O’d.  We can hold each other’s hands through this cycle. <3

@Mom2anAngel2 - I’m glad you have a plan.  I don’t have any experience with HCG injections, but I hope you don’t need to go that route!

@srcr2011 - I would be furious if that happened to me.  You gave her notice, it’s not like it snuck up on her.  I hope it doesn’t happen again.

@NoeliaV - Hope work stops taking over your life very soon!  I agree with you, a chauffeur sounds amazing!

@Frenchteachermama - Hope you prove that doctor wrong.  I’m sorry about the news you got and especially the way it was delivered.  FX for this cycle!

@KJsbabe - Your chart is very pretty!  I’m glad your doctor is listening to you and will start you on progesterone.  Hope it does the trick!
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

MoreThanSparrows08KJsbabeNoeliaV
  • AFM: Currently CD21 and even though I'm not temping all other signs point to O on CD14 or 15.  I got a really bad UTI this weekend and ended up on Cipro, which is category C.  Has anyone had experience with Cipro or UTIs during the 2WW?  I had a UTI with my first loss so I sort of associate UTIs with bad things.  

Our house is pretty much a disaster right now since demo is complete.  DH and I are sleeping in the cold basement and DD is sleeping in the guest room in a pack 'n play.  Hoping we hear back from insurance within the next few days so we can get started on renovations next week.

QOTW: Vacuuming.  Our house is a row home and has 4 floors so vacuuming means a lot of lugging it up and down lots of stairs.
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Sorry that I haven't checked-in in a few weeks, but I haven't been on TB too much lately. I just haven't been feeling it. I don't know if it's being benched, trying to get other things done, spending more time outside because it's nice, or what. I'm waiting for AF to show up so that I can do my HSG and hopefully get off of the bench. I'm terrified though. I keep thinking "at what point do I just give up?", but then I think about how I really want DD to have a sibling. And the other day I looked at all of our baby stuff stored away and realized that I'm not ready to get rid of it. So, I know I need to keep trying, but I'm so scared. I just don't know how much more I can handle. On a positive note, we had family photos taken a few weeks ago and just got them back today and love them!

QOTW: Any sort of cleaning. I absolutely hate cleaning (and unfortunately my house shows it!).

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• @MoreThanSparrows08‌, I am doing okay, me and my husbands wait is almost over, 4 more days and we are excited but also nervous about trying again. I never did get a + opk, so I don't think I ovulated this month, because I usually have some lite discomfort when I ovulate and I didn't this month. 
     Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

• a quick drive-by because i have to get DS to bed and then i promise i'll come back and read thoroughly!  i'm sorry i missed last week...still getting the hang of bumping.  we've all got miserable colds right now.  DS seemed like he was doing better tuesday and yesterday and then this evening he's got zero energy and doensn't want to even eat applesauce (which is his favorite).  it's slightly alarming, but he doesn't have a fever or anything so i'm trying not to psych myself out too much.

QOTW: only one task?  can i count all housework as one?  lol.  for a SAHM, i'm really a terrible housekeeper.  the place is always cluttered and something always needs dusting or vacuuming, and the laundry is a never-ending story around here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • @KJsbabe - Hopefully AF does not show up.  I am sure that you DD will be an adorable flower girl!

@ellebell2384 - I don't have any advise on using Cipro during the 2ww, but I understand your fears with UTI's during pregnancy.  I went through 3 rounds of antibiotics during my first pregnancy (ended in loss) because of a UTI.  I was not on Cipro.  Logically I know it had nothing to do with the UTI, but I understand where you are coming from.

@TMaggie0424 - YAY for the good results!  ((HUGS)) to you on Tanner's EDD. 

@sunnydaysarehere - Sending many good vibes for your HSG.  I hope that it gives you the answers you are looking for.

Lilypie - (0YVF)

KJsbabebumpuser9524622
  • KJsbabeKJsbabe member
    edited April 2014
    @MoreThanSparrows08‌ Have fun camping! I hope you have a great time!

@Missa_g‌ I hope you feel better soon.

@Mom2anAngel2‌ I'm glad you and your doctor came up with a plan. I hope it all works out for you.

@srcr2011‌ I'm sorry about incident with your MIL. That is definitely a hard situation. I hope you are able to talk to hr and fine a resolution.

@noeliav GL preparing for your event! I hope it goes off without a hitch!

@frenchteachermama I'm sorry you got such disappointing news, and I'm sorry that the nurse was so insensitive. Some people are complete idiots! I'm glad that you have a good plan, though. I hope the new RE is wonderful!

@ellebelle2384‌ Sorry about the UTI, those are the worst. I hope the reno starts soon!

@tmaggie0424 Yay for great results! That's wonderful news! ((Hugs)) on your upcoming EDD.

@sunnydaysarehere ((hugs)) I hope AF shows soon.

@neary2011 Yay for getting back to TTC!

@longcat07 I hope you all feel better soon!
    NoeliaVbumpuser9524622
  • @KJsbabe Glad you got the results and that it's something you can treat.

@ellebelle2384 I'm sorry, I don't have any advice on the Cipro.  I hope your renovations can start soon and finish on time. ((hugs))

@TMaggie0424 Congrats on the good news and your anniversary!!! ((hugs)) for Tanner's EDD.  That's got to be hard.  My twins were due on DS1's birthday, so it's going to be a bittersweet day for me for a while.  FX you figure out the move and such.  I'm a planner, too, so I can imagine how stressful it is for you to be in limbo.

@sunnydaysarehere So many ((hugs)) love.  I'm so sorry you're having a rough time.  Take care of yourself. 

@Neary2011 FX for a normal cycle next month. Glad your wait is almost over. ((hugs))

@longcat07 Yuck for the colds! I hate when everyone in my house is sick! It's just plain miserable! FX everyone gets to feeling better very soon! BTW, I love your little bubble-blowing GIF in your siggy!! So cute!!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    All Welcome

bumpuser9524622
  • @MoreThanSparrows08 - thanks...i stole that GIF a looooooooong time ago because i thought it was really cute too.  like, back in my myspace days, so nearly a decade ago.  i've been slowly adding to my siggy since signing up on TB when i thought i'd be joining my BMB, so it was time it made an appearance.  :)  camping sounds like fun, and i hope you can get your run in!  also, i'm with you on the vacuuming (although, like i said, i really want to give up all housework, lol).  i have four cats, so the dust bunnies become dust buffaloes in very short order if i don't stay on top of it...which i usually don't.  lol

@Missa_g - i'm so sorry you're sick too!  i've never had bronchitis, thankfully, but i feel for you.  i'm having trouble with one 4yo and i don't have bronchitis.  hang in there!

@Mom2anAngel2 - it's always good to have a plan, and it sounds like you've got a good one worked out.  good luck!

@srcr2011 - yeah, i think that would upset me too (the situation with your kiddo and MIL).  my MIL does shit that pisses me off all the time though.  did she apologize for not being ready?

@NoellaV - NTNP is working out to be more like not trying at all here too, with the cooties making the rounds.  there's something to be said for public transit when it comes to commuting too.  having to deal with all the other commuters kind of sucks, but you also don't really have to pay attention to what you're doing.

@Frenchteachermama - ugh, so sorry you had to deal with an insensitive nurse over the phone.  i had one of those when i was miscarrying.  best of luck to you with your IUI cycles!

@KJsbabe - oooo.  *FX* that AF doesn't show tomorrow and the wedding attendance issue becomes an instant non-issue.  ;)

@ellebelle2384 - hopefully the reno on your house can get rolling soon.  our basement has been torn apart because of water intrusion that happened right after we bought the place.  it's actually a big deal in this case because the main level is only about 800sqft and we've been living in that alone since we moved in, so it's rough living in only part of your house.  i've been on cipro before, but not during the 2WW. when i was on it, it was only a 5-day course though, and i'm one who doesn't do anything special till i have a +HPT in hand.  i am feeling guilty though because i take 40mg omeprazole on a daily basis, which is category C, and the OB nurse assured me it was just fine, but now i wonder.  can you call your doc and get macrobid instead?  i've had that during pregnancy.  i'm going to call my doc and see if i can get switched to lansoprazole since that is category B so i don't have to worry about it if/when the time comes.

@TMaggie0424 - happy anniversary, and (((hugs))) for your LO's EDD and the confusion for your future re: moving to take care of your MIL.  i've never been type A in the least, but it's still frustrating when everything is up in the air.

@sunnydaysarehere - (((hugs))) i'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now.  :(

@Neary2011 - almost back to TTC!  awesome!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
    NoeliaVKJsbabebumpuser9524622
  • Hi everyone, I am new to the Bump forums and wanted to introduce myself to this check-in. First off, let me say I am sorry for the losses you have all been through. 

My DH and I were married in 2007, we started TTC #1 in January 2009, ended up seeing an RE and was diagnosed with PCOS with insulin resistance and some blood clotting issues. I had an HSG and my right tube looked suspicious to my RE, so she recommended IVF. We signed up for the May 2010 IVF and I started metformin in the meantime. The metformin and the HSG must have helped because we ended up with a surprise BFP in February 2010 after 15 cycles TTC. Our daughter, Cora, was born October 23, 2010. She is 3.5 now.

In October 2011, we decided to try for #2, knowing our history we didn't want to wait too long. My DH was laid off in August 2012, so we took a few months off from TTC. In the summer of 2013, it was obvious we were still having issues, so I talked to my OB who said to try three more cycles with OPKs. I followed her instructions and still no BFP. We started three rounds of Clomid in fall 2013, all BFNs. My OB suspected tubal issues, so she sent me for another HSG in March 2014. The HSG showed that my right tube is completely blocked at the opening to the uterus. My left tube is clear. The HSG must have cleared stuff out because I got a BFP on March 30 (EDD Dec. 10, 2014). I immediately started my blood thinners. I had repeat bloodwork on April 7 to look at my progesterone levels. It turned out that my HCG had not doubled in one week. Knowing that was not good news, we prayed and stressed. The wait was horrible. Bloodwork was redrawn that Thursday, and Friday, April 11, we were told that it was a miscarriage. I started bleeding that day. Fast forward to yesterday and my HCG levels are now negative, so my body is recovering. 

We are continuing with our original plan of undergoing a tubal recanalization as soon as possible in order to open my right tube. I have a consult on Tuesday, April 29. We are then going to try three more rounds of Clomid and will pray for a better outcome. 

I am glad to have found this place as it is hard to talk about all of this in real life, especially when miscarriage seems like such a hush hush affair.

QOTW: Dishes, I hate doing dishes and it never stops. But hey, I am caught up on my dishes right now so yay!!!

January 2010 - diagnosed PCOS with IR, MTHFR, Protein S Deficiency and possible tubal issue
    Natural BFP after Metformin
    DD Cora born Oct. 2010
    TTC #2 since Oct. 2011
    Fall 2013 - Three rounds of Clomid, all BFN
    March 2014 - HSG shows right tube blocked
    Miscarriages April 2014 and July 2014, missing our little ones
    Lap/Selective HSG - June 9 
    Both tubes opened, Dx with endometriosis
  • Hey ladies! Hugs and prayers for all those that need them.

I am going to bow out of this check in for a little while. H and I are still having issues and honestly, TTC is the last thing on my mind right now. I am struggling just to salvage my marriage. I will most likely still lurk here and will definitely be cheering all of you on, but I am just not in a mental space to be charting and actively TTC right now. 
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• @mrsjessicamitchell‌ ((hugs)) I'm so sorry things have not improved between you and your H. Many prayers that you can work things out.

@Lizzyrella‌ Welcome, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your consolation goes well and they are able to reopen your tube. The ladies here in the check in and on TTCAL are a wonderful group. I hope you find the support you need here.
    Lizzyrella
  • Today is supposed to be CD 28-30, but it is CD 1, so my cycle this month is 3 days early, so I missed my first day to start temping so I am going to start temping tomorrow morning at 4am, when my husband gets up for work. Very excited about being able to try again but also a little nervous. 
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

ellebelle2384
  • @mrsjessicamitchell‌ - Lots of hugs, I will be thinking of you and hoping things get better with your H soon.

@Lizzyrella‌ - I am so sorry for your loss.  The ladies here and on TTCAL are wonderful.  I hope you can find some more support and your recanalization goes well.  Hugs!

Thanks so much for all the input on the antibiotics, ladies.  Unfortunately I already finished the course (I got the UTI on the weekend and didn't have too many options).  I will definitely ask about macrobid if there is a next time.  I appreciate all the well wishes too!
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• @polevaultRN - Were you able to confirm O? How are you feeling?

I got a +OPK last Friday and a lot of EWCM, so I'm guessing I ovulated on Saturday since I don't temp. BD every day from Thursday-Sunday. Today is 6 DPO. I dunno when I'm gonna test yet. I hope this is it!

QOTW: dusting. bleh!

BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

ellebelle2384
  • @mrsjessicamitchell‌ thinking of you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tomorrow is a bittersweet day for me, we get the go ahead to try to conceive but that day is the same day that my Little Sweet Pea went home to be with the Lord January 28, 2014.

Missing my Angel Babies like crazy these days, but I am ready to try again! 
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

• Hugs @Neary2011
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• mara005 - Looks like you may have O'd! FX for CHs soon!
    Yep, FF puts me at 4dpo after changing my CHs giving us even worse timing. DH got "sick" right at O time, and this REALLY pissed. I feel like I'm trying and doing all I can (temping, opks, etc) and he gets the slightest sniffle and he can't do his one Fing job! I know anything is possible and I'm not totally out but I feel like this isn't going to be our cycle.

I hate all cleaning so a maid or housekeeper would be awesome because I'm a messy SAHM.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry I am a bit late this week but I was thinking of you all over the weekend.

@rmpar29 Congrats to you!!

FX for all the rest that this month goes smoother than the last.  I am terrible at keeping up with all of the individuals.

I am hanging in there feeling mighty relaxed this cycle though only CD9 here so I am sure by the end of this week I will start to become nervous again.  Will probably start OPK Friday on CD13, since my O is usually between CD 15 and CD 19.  I have blood work on CD 21 this month just to be sure I am really ovulating.

Baseball for DS1 and DS2 has started.  SO coaches DS2 and we had our first tournament this weekend. 

@morethansparrows08 how did camping go?

@ksjabe did AF show or are you off the hook for the weddings?

QOTW: Yardwork - the best thing about moving into SOs condo..no yardwork!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"