January 2013 Moms
Options

Any restrictions on when or where LO can have their lovey?

Hi all,

DD has recently taken very strongly to a blanket and bunny that we keep in her crib. She pulls them out herself and wants to carry them around all over the house. I have no problem with her having these special items, but I'm trying to figure out our boundaries before it turns into something where she won't leave the house without them (this was me as a child). This morning I tried to keep them in her room rather than letting her take them downstairs, and she got very upset. So, what's reasonable? Crib only? Bedroom only? House only? I definitely don't think it's okay for her to bring them to daycare, so where do you draw the line?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Any restrictions on when or where LO can have their lovey?

• Options
    DS's blankets are only in his crib. His Teddy goes throughout the house except for his crib. He doesn't go outside of the house. I think we have it easy though because DS has never tried to take Teddy out of the house or his blankets out of his crib. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    DS can have it in the house, and car, as much as he wants. I won't let it leave the car most of the time, but when i know he is about to have a rough appointment, i bring it to help keep him calm.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

they stay in her crib, I would never take it out of the house.  It's a bad habit to start and it ups the chance you're going to lose it.  It's bad enough she still wants the nuk everywhere...

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't know if what Norah has is considered a "lovey" but she has two little stuffed animals that she sleeps with. I only keep them in the crib and she pulls them close to her when she lies down to sleep. I don't want to her getting attached more than that and she doesn't seem to have any interest in them otherwise.

I agree with PPs about trying to keep your LOs lovey in the crib only. But that's just me. Maybe you can just offer other toys that she can play with outside of her crib or downstairs to distract her from the bunny. Be consistent about it and if you do that everyday, maybe it'll sink in. Good luck!

PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    DD is allowed to have her Gloworm whenever she wants in the house, with the exception of at the table while we're eating. I try to limit her bringing it in the car though, unless I know we're going on a long drive or will be away from the house for a long time. And Glo never, ever leaves the car if we're going into somewhere like a store or restaurant.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We let DD have it anywhere and take it anywhere. Obviously she can't have him while she's eating or taking a bath. When I have tried to take him she gets super upset. I find that when I just let her have him, she puts him to the side on her own to play with other toys and has no interest in him at the park, play school or when playing with other kids.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    DD gets her lovey in her room only, usually only in her crib but sometimes before bed she'll pull Lemon out and I think that's fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"