December 2013 Moms

formula and poop question ... pic included

so my Lo is four months now like all the little Los in here, and hes teething im wondering whos lo has diarrea with the teething, or maybe its just the formula (similac organic) which im giving him which wasnt a problem before, but every poopy diaper is like this, anyone going thru this or giving their baby that same formula and getting the same thing as my Lo... im worried it might be something else other than the teething..
imageimageimage

Re: formula and poop question ... pic included

• Ewe! Anyway, yes teething (all the extra drool) can cause looser stool. I can't say for sure that's what is causing it, but I have noticed it in my older 2, when they were a little older though.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • vorsevorse member
    I agree with the others about drool causing looser poops. I asked our pediatrician about the same thing and it's totally normal unless baby seems uncomfortable while going... Thanks for the *pic included* warning, maybe the others didn't see that. I didn't want to see it, but for some reason I opened the thread anyway.
  • It looks normal to me but agree you should call your pedi if you are worried.
  • KateMW said:

WTF? Why include a picture. Call your doctor, we are not doctors and do NOT need to see poop pictures. I repeat...not doctors, no poop.

I am laughing so hard at you. Hahahahaha
  • azmama20azmama20 member
    edited April 2014
    My LO is on the Kirkland Brand formula from Costco (which is like regular Similac Advanced) and her stools are often like this. I assume it is due to teething as well. More drool = more liquid consumed = looser stools.
  • thanks for replying.. in sowy about the pic, but i figured my worry about poop would be better answered with a picture, we all worry as mom and dont wanna leave the questions hangin, i asked the ped and she said it was normal to her..but i wasnt too happy with the answer., thanks to all the ladies who answered and were brave to open the post ..
    imageimageimage

• let me know as soon as you go what your ped said..
    imageimageimage

• opolanco said:

thanks for replying.. in sowy about the pic, but i figured my worry about poop would be better answered with a picture, we all worry as mom and dont wanna leave the questions hangin, i asked the ped and she said it was normal to her..but i wasnt too happy with the answer., thanks to all the ladies who answered and were brave to open the post ..

If you asked your pediatrician and don't trust her answer, you may want to think about changing drs.
  • Our formula poop diapers are crazy. They change consistency constantly. From thick and sticky, to put the baby in the sink-clean the poop off every crevice and carpet. It's uck and crazy.

Had to love your post for the poop pic. :)

• My LO has had diapers like that. They don't last long.

And I don't get the big deal of the picture. We all see poo multiple times a day, and she included a warning.

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"