April 2014 Moms

Vibrator

I know actual inter course is a no go for at least six weeks, but is it ok to use a vibrator yet? I'm 11 days pp and had a csection.
happily married since 2009, SAHM
diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016

Re: Vibrator

• A vibrator doesn't go in the vagina, lol, so is it ok? I'm just nervous that an orgasm will be painful.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was afraid orgasming would be painful the first time, but it wasn't. Felt damn good. I think it was like 13 days post partum? And @poru‌, I am the same way! Helps me fall asleep so much better.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Ok I'm so ashamed. I had no idea people used vibrators in the vagina. I thought vibrators were for the clit only and dildos were for the inside. I guess vibrators can multitask, lol. Good to know.

Also, this question is coming more from my husband than me. I'm nervous to use a vibrator again, but he obviously is not, lol.

• Used it around 4.4 weeks pp. And it helped me sleep and relax and hell have a little fun with hubs.... I feel naughty confessing haha
  • After DS i was wanting it like crazy! Not something I expected..... but it's the truth. That would be why (on my birthday) at 4 weeks pp we attempted sex. Terrible life choice. He didn't even get to play just the tip before I flipped out. Haha Tmi I know.

If you want it and can handle it, I say rock on.
  • Um, yea, if you don't really want to do it, screw your H. If there is anything I can't stand it's a husband whining about wanting sex and trying to get it any way they can after their wife just had a baby. 

All of this. If you are wanting it, that's one thing. But nothing ticks me off more than husbands who can't handle things on their own for a few weeks and pressuring their wives into something they're not ready for.
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• My husband is not pressuring me. He is just missing the playtime, lol. He would never make me do something I didn't want to do. Also, I have no plans of sticking anything inside my vagina until a dr. clears me. I read online somewhere an infection could cause fertility issues (and other issues). My husband and I have no desire to cause any problems down there.
  • We haven't had our little girl yet, and my husband keeps asking how he's supposed to make it through 6 weeks without anything, especially because we're trying for everyday right now to get things moving.  I keep telling him we'll think of something, but I honestly think both of us will be too tired and amazed and awed by our little girl to feel much in the way of desire for sex for at least a little while.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • There are other ways to help out your DH. That's what we've been doing!

• Used mine and it actually made my vagina feel better.  It had been feeling dry and the QT with my vibe helped.  I was solo (no hubs) so it only took couple of minutes and made a real difference.  Enjoy!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• buffyjsa said:

We haven't had our little girl yet, and my husband keeps asking how he's supposed to make it through 6 weeks without anything, especially because we're trying for everyday right now to get things moving.  I keep telling him we'll think of something, but I honestly think both of us will be too tired and amazed and awed by our little girl to feel much in the way of desire for sex for at least a little while.

@buffyjsa - You might be surprised. My DH gets turned on every time he sees me breastfeeding - yours might find you irresistible when you're caring for the small person he helped to make.  ;)

------------------

It also goes both ways. I think I miss my husband as much as he misses me. Today, we were kissing and it was tempting. (We ARE following the drs orders though, no worries people, I know, nothing in the vagina for 6 wks.)

Side note: When my nurse at the hospital was explaining my discharge/at home care instructions, she discussed the 6 wk rule, she then told me and DH that one of the older nurses walked in on a couple doing it a few hours after a csection. Can you imagine? She said the older nurse was really embarrassed and like ran out of the room. I miss my husband but I can't imagine having sex a few hours after a csection. It would be so messy and gross. Maybe she was still numb though, lol.
  • buffyjsa said:
    We haven't had our little girl yet, and my husband keeps asking how he's supposed to make it through 6 weeks without anything, especially because we're trying for everyday right now to get things moving.  I keep telling him we'll think of something, but I honestly think both of us will be too tired and amazed and awed by our little girl to feel much in the way of desire for sex for at least a little while.
    @buffyjsa - You might be surprised. My DH gets turned on every time he sees me breastfeeding - yours might find you irresistible when you're caring for the small person he helped to make.  ;)
    Mine too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Anyone whose husband is pressuring them did not watch the birth.  Simple way to get him off your back, have him take some good long looks during birth--c section or vaginal. 

• ModishMom said:

Anyone whose husband is pressuring them did not watch the birth.  Simple way to get him off your back, have him take some good long looks during birth--c section or vaginal. 

My DH watched the c section and even took pics using his phone and he still wants some, lol. I think the c section visual curbed his appetite for like 3-4 days maybe but that's it, lol. Guys forget quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"