Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Not sure what to do...

My LO is going to be 14 months on the 1st and she just started a new thing when she is tired and/or is told no. She bangs her head on walls, the couch, glass door...even will bend down and hit her head on our tile floor. Anyone else been through this. Suggestions? She is my first, so I'm kind of at a loss and concerned- worried she will hurt herself!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not sure what to do...

• DD went through a phase of that around a year - I don't think it lasted more than a month.  I would usually just pick her up and put her on the carpeted floor, but then I ignored it.  I didn't want her to think that would give her extra attention.
  • I think DS is just getting out of that phase. DH seemed more concerned than me, and pedi said they won't hurt themselves.... But I just tried to distract him.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS went through this from about 2 months.  He loved hitting his head against doors.  I just tried to ignore it or move him to some place better.  DH definitely freaked out over it more than me, but eventually he realized he wasn't hurting himself.

;

• I JUST read about this in a Dr Sears article! I will link it in the morning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"