Multiples
Options

I just want sleeeeepppp

So I brought home my first daughter (through adoption) last Dec and found out in Jan we were expecting twins.  My oldest was a terrible sleeper and she finally slept through the night at 16 months.  YUP after the twins were home for several months.  These two are up at least 5/6 times a night at 7 months old.  Its been a yr and a half with an avg of 4 hrs of sleep a night....and now the twins are about to start crawling.  Im not so sure I have the energy...Im so darn tired.  At least they are all SUPER DUPER CUTE :)

After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: I just want sleeeeepppp

• Options
    Oh yes. My 4yo has never consistently STTN. A few weeks here and there. And he's a 900-630 kind of guy - 12 consecutive hours isn't in his vocabulary.

I haven't felt well rested since 2009.

• Options

Oh yes. My 4yo has never consistently STTN. A few weeks here and there. And he's a 900-630 kind of guy - 12 consecutive hours isn't in his vocabulary.

I haven't felt well rested since 2009.

Yep. 2009 sounds about right.
    Why didn't I sleep more in my 20's?! :((
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My girls are 6 1/2 months and still wake up every 2-3 hours. Please don't tell me I have another whole year of this! I can't take it!!

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My 8 week old twins sleep 5-6 hours at night. We have been following dr Spoc's advice on how to get them to STTN.
  • Options
    Add me to the 'haven't slept since 2009 club' my four year old never STTN. And my twins never sleep either.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Options
    I don't have older children to contend with just the 2 twins who are now 6 months old. About 6 weeks ago we tried the Moms on Call method of STTN and now they sleep from 7:30-6:30. It took about a week and included adjusting their milk intake during the day so they had enough to sustain that long of a sleep. They are super happy when they wake up and know that on schedule (weekend or not) we will be in there to get them! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Just to be clear, it's not like I haven't tried every method out there for a consistent amount of time. It works for a while until it doesn't work anymore.

The twins slept like rock stars until 6mo. The big one gives me a month or two of good sleep every 6-9months. It's just not consistent over the long term. Life - teething, sickness, travel, the phases of the moon - tend to get in the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"