Third-Party Reproduction
Options

So fresh vs. FET

So I have been going back and forth with the RE's office about donors, dates, the financials etc.... Well since I won't know which donors will be available in late November the donor coordinator mentioned doing the cycle sooner, but then do a freeze all.  I know in my head this is fine, several friends have had wonderful luck with FET, my beautiful twin nieces were a FET success.

But on the other hand I like the idea of a fresh cycle. Then on the other hand, I like that it takes away that guessing game of the time frame, less stress, just take my estrace to build my lining and thaw the embryo's when things look good.

So I guess my questions is what is your preference? and yes I know we will need to decide on our own, but I like getting feed back from all of you :-)

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

Re: So fresh vs. FET

• Options
    Honestly it is kind of six of one, half dozen of another. I got pregnant from my fresh cycle (unrelated 16w loss), then had c/p FET, a bfn FET, and now am 23w with my lowest quality embryo via FET. I will say not having to coordinate with someone else is nice, the FET can be at your convenience really, which is cool. Success rates are so close, I really don't think it much matters. If you can get the ball rolling sooner by doing a FET, I might do that...but I'm impatient and over 40, so that's just me.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    For what it is worth, my fresh cycle was not successful, but my FET was.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, see my fresh were BFN, and my FET was a misscariage. So I am torn! Lol

2Mamaz- the fact of not coordinating with a donors cycle and the easy process of the FET has me leaning that way.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    Assuming your clinic vitrifies I'd probably go with the FET.  

Would you consider having the embies genetically tested as well?  There would be no delay if you're already doing a freeze-all so the only downside would be $$.  But if it saved you one failed FET it would likely be worth it monetarily.  I wish I had tested the blasts I now have frozen.  
  • Options
    FWIW, our GC is pregnant with a FET from our last fresh cycle in August. All total, we have had 100% pregnancy with our fresh (and 100% losses) and 50% pregnancy with FET (but 100% pregnancy with our GC).

I think it really is a toss-up, particularly if they freeze all (otherwise they put back the best for the fresh which would tend to skew the stats in my opinion).

It was SO easy to only have to have the "acceptor" (in our case, a GC) to worry about without having to deal with coordinating.
    GL!!!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    brooklynesque Not sure you are considering doing pgd testing but a FET is the best option most likely if that is the case.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    It sounds like an FET is a good option for you.  :)  Personally, I would like the option of doing things sooner rather than later.  I like being able to have some control over things since we have so little in IF.
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards