Nurseries and Baby Gear

baby carriers! help :/

So I currently have the black/grey ergo performance and I don't really love it. I am still within the return date so I'm limited to only BBB exchanges. 

I am between... the original ergo, keeping my performance, the NEWer performance, the 360, the gemini, and solli. (beco) yea.. lol

About me and LO we are in a hot climate so that drew me to the performance originally. LO is 9m and 17lb now.comfortfor both of us is important and Im a bigger person so need something that would work with that.

what do u recommend? 
imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
      BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: baby carriers! help :/

• The Beco all the way.  They are so much easier to get on and off and lighter weight too.

What didn't you like about the Ergo?
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • The Beco all the way.  They are so much easier to get on and off and lighter weight too.

What didn't you like about the Ergo?
    WSS! I have had a boba, an ergo and both Beco's. Beco is by far my favorite. I recently got the soleil for my 19 month old and love it as much as my Gemini. We do mostly hip carries in warm weather and the wider base of the soleil has helped make it much more comfortable for me (even at 30 weeks pregnant) and DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...

• What didn't you like about the Ergo?
    I felt it was very stiff and the top of the carrier stopped by her mouth she keeps straining to see out. i tried making her higher but it doesn't fit right and she slides down. even with the seat of the insert its not great. 

after some googling... i feel like the gemini is going to be too small for her soon no? it says its narrow for bigger kids. and the soli (or whatever lol) doesn't ff so not really feeling that. ii really like the new performance that its totally mesh but there doesn't seem to be pockets so thats a pain i guess. 

so i think I'm between the ergo 360 or the gemini. :/
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
  • If you can, try the soleil, I really think that you may find it to be perfect, by the time DD was 9 months a hip carry allowed her to 'forward face' much more comfortably than a front facing out carry. I didn't feel like the Gemini got to small for DD until 18 months, I could have continued to use it, but one came up on Craig's List NIB for like $50 so I decided to give it a shot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Soleil is better for bigger kids as it has a wider base.  It's hard to FF a child, especially a larger child as they get older.  They get top heavy!
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We have a Beco Gemini that we love.  DS2 is currently 19 months, 24 pounds and around 34" and it still fits him well.  I suspect if we continue to BW much past 2 we'll need to look into something like a KP or a Tula toddler, but for now we've been really happy with the Gemini.

As far as forward facing, that's the feature that originally drew us to the Gemini, but TBH we don't use it that often.  First I feel like he's kind of crotch dangling, which I don't like.  2nd, it's uncomfortable for me to use longer than maybe 30 minutes.  It kind of pulls your center of gravity forward.  

But as PP said, hip carry and even a back carry are pretty awesome at allowing LO to look around. 

image imageimageimage

• CLLDLL said:
    We have a Beco Gemini that we love.  DS2 is currently 19 months, 24 pounds and around 34" and it still fits him well.  I suspect if we continue to BW much past 2 we'll need to look into something like a KP or a Tula toddler, but for now we've been really happy with the Gemini.

As far as forward facing, that's the feature that originally drew us to the Gemini, but TBH we don't use it that often.  First I feel like he's kind of crotch dangling, which I don't like.  2nd, it's uncomfortable for me to use longer than maybe 30 minutes.  It kind of pulls your center of gravity forward.  

But as PP said, hip carry and even a back carry are pretty awesome at allowing LO to look around. 
    All of this. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"