August 2014 Moms
Options

Leave? WWYD?

So I am trying to figure out what I should do about work. I work and DH does not, He receives VA disability.

I do not qualify for FMLA, nor short term disability. So I am trying to figure out a way to do this.

Would you work up till you go into labor, or something else? Also I am going to have to go back right fairly quickly. With my last baby he was just shy of 3 weeks when I went back to work. WWYD?

I will be having my tubes tied before leaving the hospital.

I am also going to be saving what I can from here till Miss Amelia makes her appearance

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Leave? WWYD?

• Options
    I would just listen to my body and work until I no longer couldn't, whether that be up until delivery or earlier.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I plan to work until I can't. I have a physical job but because I have no vacation time and no paid leave that can be used, I'm really going to try to work until I go into labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am trying to work until the very end. After Baby is born idk what I'll do...i was debating going back as soon as possible however my mom will then watch baby and I'm pretty sure she's not ready to watch a newborn. Without me working even part time though we'll be struggling...
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I plan to work until the bitter end, then taking 6 weeks maternity leave.  I need to save my leave days for when I leave this job next summer.
  • Options
    I would just listen to my body and work until I no longer couldn't, whether that be up until delivery or earlier.

This. I would work up until you can't anymore, so you can at least have more time with the baby when she arrives. I'm kind of in the same boat. I will work up until I absolutely can't anymore and I plan on returning after 6 weeks. Good luck with whatever you choose. :)
  • Options
    I would say work as long as you can, but you never know what might happen at the end. With DS, I planned to work up to at least his due date, but at 39 weeks I needed to be on modified bed rest because my blood pressure was high, then DS was 11 days late. I was able to work from home some during those 2 1/2 weeks.

I plan to work until the baby comes this time too, but I know my body may have other plans!
  • Options
    FTM here, so I don't know what will happen, but I plan on working until the end.  I want as much time after baby gets here at home.  I do get 12 weeks of leave, though, so it's a different situation.  

I did have an employee who worked from home and her husband was a SAHD, and she only took 2 weeks of leave after her baby.  So it's doable.  Your doctor may not release you to work until 6 weeks, though, depending on the type of work you do, so keep that in mind.  
  • Options
    Work until labor.
    That's what I did with my first... I worked Monday, went into labor late Monday night/ early Tuesday morning.
    Personally I don't see the point of taking off before the baby is born, especially if you have leave/ money issues.

• Options
    Unless you can't work for some reason, in your situation I'd definitely try to stay at work until your LO is born.  As a FTM, I have no idea what delivery recovery is like but my guess is if you needed 3 wks for your son you'll likely need the same after your daughter is born.  Especially if you're adding the tubes tying procedure on to that!
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs about working for as long as you physically can. I worked up until the very end even though I did have partially paid maternity leave. Unless you're put on bed rest or your doctor tells you not to work for a specific reason, I just don't understand sitting around the house the last few days/weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"