July 2012 Moms

Quick Q

edited April 2014 in July 2012 Moms
I was changing Nicky today and discovered this on his toe. It wasn't there yesterday evening. As I tried to put a bandaid on it to protect it, it burst and a small amount of stuff came out, but obviously not all of it. I don't want to mess with it too much because it looks painful. I soaked it, wiped it with a sting free antiseptic towelette, put neospirin on it...anything else I could do that I'm forgetting? You don't think it's a doctor-worthy issue, right? I find myself second-guessing this evening.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Quick Q

• @hibiscus29‌ I hadn't thought about a bite of some kind...my first thought was a bad hair or something. But then I kept wondering if infants even get bad hairs. It's stupid, I know. I blame being up every 45 minutes last night. My brain is liquified.
    Anyway, thanks for the help!

• Definitely keep a close eye on it.  I'd keep up with the neosporin.  

Not trying to freak you out but L had something similar on her butt... it got much bigger and deeper very quickly.  She had to have it incised and drained and then be put on heavy antibiotics.  :(
    @abseptember‌ Don't worry, I was already freaked out because I remembered your story!!! How is she doing btw? Did all that clear up?

• Loading the player...
  • @abseptember‌ still looks swollen and angry but *maybe* not quite as bad. It's definitely still tender. He fusses when it brushes something. If it's not looking better tomorrow I may call the pedi for advice.

Do you mind if I ask you about your L's rash? I know it would kind of come and go, but did she ever show any tenderness durning baths? Like if water touched it? The pedi suggested folliculitis for Em's rash and I'm just not sure that it is like what you've described to us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"