August 2014 Moms
Options

The Husband's Secret Discussion (Up to Chapter 20)

Hey all! I know I promised to have these posted yesterday... Buuuttttt... I procrastinated, and then FI and I went and played Bingo.. and then I went to bed. So the discussion is now 2 days late. Sorry! I promise this week I'll be better. Here are some questions. This is just to get the ball rolling; if you have more questions, or just a statement or discussion point you want to bring up, feel free!
1. What did you think about Uncle Phil and Aunt Mary's visit? Do you sympathize with either character? Do you sympathize with Felicity at all?
2. What do you think about Cecilia's memory of Janie? Would you have shared it with Rachel?
3. What do you think about Rachel's "evidence?" Puppy love and crushed teenage heart or something more sinister?
4. What do you think about Tess and Conner's interaction? Would you pursue it if you were Tess?
5. WHOA. What were your thoughts on the letter? Is that what you expected?
6. What would you do if you were Cecilia? Does the fact that they have children change anything? Would it for you?

Re: The Husband's Secret Discussion (Up to Chapter 20)

• Options
    MeganEMcG5MeganEMcG5 member
    edited April 2014
    I finished up early, but I'll try to reply as if I weren't finished yet.

1. What did you think about Uncle Phil and Aunt Mary's visit? Do you sympathize with either character? Do you sympathize with Felicity at all? 
    I was annoyed because I'm "Team Tess," but I get it. If my kid screwed up, I'd want to try and smooth things over too. I guess a part of me sympathizes with Felicity -- mostly because I can't imagine the guilt she must feel.

2. What do you think about Cecilia's memory of Janie? Would you have shared it with Rachel? 
    I thought it was nice. I probably would have shared it too, and Rachel obviously appreciated it. I think there has to be some solace in knowing that others remember your child in a positive way, too. 

3. What do you think about Rachel's "evidence?" Puppy love and crushed teenage heart or something more sinister? 
    Only thing it convinced me of was his feelings for Janie.

4. What do you think about Tess and Conner's interaction? Would you pursue it if you were Tess?
     I think I'd still be too heartbroken to pursue it, but who knows! If he was looking really good and there was alcohol involved, I probably would have been tempted into a revenge F. haha 

5. WHOA. What were your thoughts on the letter? Is that what you expected? 
    Yes, I started to figure it out just before the letter was revealed. 

6. What would you do if you were Cecilia? Does the fact that they have children change anything? Would it for you? 
    I really have tried to think about what I would do, and I'm just not sure! I'm REALLY horrible with secrets (even my own), so I'm not sure I could have kept that to myself forever. I think the kids definitely change things, and it would for me too. Either way, I'm not sure that I could go on being married to him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"