Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Early Ovulation and BFP after CP?

I was curious if anyone here got their BFP after a CP? Or if they may have ovulated eariler than expected their first cycle after? I just experienced a CP - not very far in though (AF ended up being only 2 days later than was expected, with 3 BFPs prior). I'm on cycle day 5 and I feel what I think is O pains (I'm testing with an OPK soon to calm my POAS urge). Just curious of other experiences with cycles after a CP. This is my first loss so I'm just trying to get a grasp on what is happening. TIA! And congrats to you all :-)
                Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

Re: Early Ovulation and BFP after CP?

• Options
    Thanks for asking your question here.  I'm very sorry for your loss ((((hugs)))).  I had a CP back in October and didn't notice any unusual O pains earlier.  I ovulated around CD14 my cycle following the CP.  I'd suggest calling your doctor if you're worried about the pain you're experiencing.

Are you tracking your basal body temperature to help you track ovulation?  If not, I  highly recommend it.  I used to rely entirely on OPKs but didn't have much luck getting a solid positive, at least not like I did when I temped.  I used Fertility Friend to track my cycles.  There's a link in my siggy if you're interested in checking it out.

Good luck!
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Options
    Hi!  I have no advice but just wanted to say hello so you'd see a familiar face :-)  And hopegully someone around here has been in your position!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello @MollySm! Happy to see you too :-) I felt weird on a foreign board that I don't really belong to. Glad you popped in!

Thanks @carlsonbaby2014! I only just started charting last cycle and I was glad to see my O date (I was worried that wasn't actually happening because we'd been trying for awhile and only doing OPKs - which I know only proves you are gearing up to O). I usually O around CD 18 or so. The OPK came back negative - so maybe it's just a real painful cyst (not uncommon for me). Dr. Google got me curious with tales of "boosts in fertility" after CP's. That silly Dr. Google!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    I got pregnant with this LO immediately following a CP. I wasn't temping the cycle of the CP so I don't know how many DPO I was when I got the BFP but I think I was 2-4 days late when I started bleeding. I had an Hcg drawn a couple days later and it was already <5. I ovulated exactly when I typically do on day 14-15 and got pregnant. Good luck to you!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• Options
    ***lurking***

What you are feeling sounds similar to what I felt after my CP. I always had very predictable O pains pre-CP. After my CP, I developed what I called "angry ovary." I started having what felt like O pains on CD9 and then again on CD14. I did O on CD14 (based on charting along with a +OPK), which was my average O date, and conceived that cycle. Sadly that ended in my third loss.

Keep in mind that you may still have some HCG  in your system and depending on how high it is, it may give you a false positive on an OPK.  My HCG was only 14 when I had my loss with the CP but it still took 3 weeks to get to zero. I O'd prior to it reaching zero.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My doctor told me to wait one complete cycle before TTC after my CP. That first cycle, I O'd on CD18 (a little late for me, but not by much). The following cycle (when I got PG again), I O'd on CD16, which is typical for me.
  • Options

Definitely look into charting, that will help you figure out what's going on with your cycles.

I got pregnant after a c/p, I ovulated later than normal (though, because of all the on and off bleeding it was really hard to say what was CD1 so who knows). Good luck this cycle!

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    I also had a CP the cycle before conceiving this LO; I ended up only being a day or two late for AF. I *thought* I was O'ing around CD8 or 9 based on O-type pains, but didn't end up O'ing till CD15/16. I would start using your OPKs just in case, though, since cycles after a CP can be wonky.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"